ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

ISA & The International Green Construction Code

I'm sure everyone probably received a ISA Smart Brief about ISA "Acting on behalf of the sign industry" and submitting comments to the New Green Mafia composed of other orgs. I'm not too familiar with this Green Mafia and never even heard of them before the ISA Brief, but I imagine anything "International" like any other international political body composed of different orgs just means $. Another org that comes together to tell "us" how to be better because we are so ignorant and it's any "wonder" how we made it this far in the first place. The polar ice caps are melting, the Polar Bears are dying (but last I looked there were record highs), and it's all our fault. Man is bad and is making a mess of mother earth! Feeeeeeeel the guilt yet, want to contribute? Ready to buy a hemp hand made clothes and throw your Birkenstock on yet?

Skimming though this draft it just appears "Expensive" for anyone wanting to adapt this. Special inspection this and that, all paid for by the building owner. Even in a bad economy I guess you can still push Guilt. I imagine their are government tax incentives to do so? With the way the things are now with such failed programs like "Cash for Clunkers", and soon others to follow suite under our existing government.

Let's all spend a lot up front,and get less back in return!

As I've said before "Green" just means the marketing of "Guilt", and made for you to "feel" good if you decide to follow through with it, IMO. A sucker (corp) rising everyday I suppose.

So anyway, thought I'd post the "not for public comment" draft proposed by the Green Mafiaoso for those interested (why do I feel like I'm wasting my time with this thread?). Sections 405, 503, 504, 609, 612 and 806.

IgCC_First_draft-v5.pdf

Not sure what any of this is worth to the ISA, the time, money, and energy that is, the reason for them to create a special committee. Why give it credit by participating?

IGCC, it just looks like a org looking to get funds and create jobs for themselves and their constituents. Well, there it is, I'll stop here.

Edited by Westcoast Sign Guy
more to add

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• 6 months later...

Just to update this topic.

ISA has been working to submit proposals as they relate to signs in to the IGCC, an environmentalist crack house society. ISA is the only sign association to take action or enter into the fray.

In a long 8 day affair 25% of the proposals were approved or modified.

The only proposal approved was to modify that electric public safety signs be exempt from "Demand Response". This is a no brainer, I'm surprised it took ISA to get this modified. Anyone who doesn't know what Demand Response is, the California utility companies (And this may start here and spread east like everything else) want light fixtures, AC heating units and NOW even signs, EVEN neon "Open" signs to be installed with a remote device where the utility company can shut these systems down for however long they like to save on the power grid. Basically they are Big Brother, they want to put a hand in your life and take away your American Liberties and Freedoms. IGCC the environmentalist crack pipe society wants to adopt this.

What should be done that environmentalist crack house societies always prevent? The building of another power plant so we don't have energy problems that lead to more money being shoveled into programs, regulation that recreates appliances which in turn the consumer pays, etc etc etc. More Save the planet crapola where you and I pay for it.

The second proposal was for the exemption of cold cathode and neon lighting to be used in the same context as T12,T8, T5's for lighting. Of course this was shot down. You can look at the Mercury propaganda from light source manufacturers on this, no doubt they have been helping out somewhere in the back doors of things.

The last proposal we made was in the category of exterior lighting shutoff requirements. This environmentalist crack house society wants all exterior lights shut off after 1 hour after conclusion of facility operations. Since this is for municipal buildings and we as tax payers pay for it, I might not have a problem but I'm concerned about crime. They tried to exempt signs, this was unsuccessful.

"One other thing to keep in mind with the IgCC is that the provisions do not apply to residential, industrial, or manufacturing spaces, and have limited applicability to existing buildings. Also, the IgCC would apply only after a municipality chooses to enact a green building ordinance, which would probably keep a large portion of the country from applying its provisions."

Lastly, no kidding on this. Companies like Edison Electric up in northern California want you as sign companies to start installing DR remotes on all your signs adding to the already added cost of producing one that gets passed to your end client. These retards, and they are, believe me sit through one of their seminars and you will see what speak of. Don't grasp the idea that "Signs" are "advertising" and can't be left off during business hours. These people ARE "Simple Jacks".

Anyway, thank you To Kenny Peskin of ISA for replying back to my inquiry. Next round begins in Nov.

• Like 1

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill