ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

AA LEDs - anyone using them

I typically have used Sloan but there is a huge cost difference and if they are just as good I may give it a try. Anyone have any experience with AA LEDs? If not what do you use?

Thanks

Brian

That's kind of a loaded questions with all kinds of variables people would need in order to answer your question.

I suppose basics one would have to know are, what is the budget of the job? Is it for channel letters, cabinet, exterior/interior lighting? what size area are these going in? What color? So many manufacturers have a different CRI. How much light output, high/med?

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Thanks, I am a bit unconventional since the only lit signs I make are halo lit letters made from HDU so they are only 2" deep. I enclose them with acrylic so they are fairly tight. The V series from Sloan creates a great effect but I am more concerned about durability.

They haven't been serving you to well? Outages? Looking at your site I think you are looking for whites?

Others will have opinions on what to use, I'm just going to give you a shameless plug about upgrading your membership to a paid so you can see our board light tests and comparisons on all major brands that we have been using for well over a year and a half running them 24/7, 50+ products.

Lots of info, on what lasts, pricing, foot candle power per watt, what has failed, what is not lasting too well compared to others, etc. This is for high powered whites, med and low. We just started our red project too. These are all in our Tutorial section of the board, there are other tutorials there as well for our Board Patrons

It's a plug, shameless and spam filled but, hey for a low starting membership of $65, you can't beat it! I wish I would have had access to this stuff back when I had my own questions

Here's some info links

Project Tighty Whitey

The Great White Hope

The Red Light District

BTW- both LED's you listed are in the comparison, I think you will be quite surprised about both, and how they compare to others on the market today.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

yep, white is what I am looking for and I did jump in and pay up. There are no AA LEDs on there but the info was worth the money. I have some samples but know nothing about the company. They are about $3 less per module so the savings would be huge.

Thanks for the message, I was looking at the wrong test but see them now - Very helpful - thanks

Edited by NWWsigns

Generally speaking - you get what you pay for. It might not be determine by initial brightness, but more likely on the life expectancy side. There are some exceptions to (GE being over priced, Axiom being under priced), but it's wise to use caution with something that you think "wow, that's cheap". They're often nice and bright at first, then fade to 50% or less within a year.

The Sloans are good in terms if life expectancy, they just aren't as bright as they could/should be for the power used.

I'd be happy to help with a layout/quote using our modules, if you want to get in touch.

Hi! I'm with MaxxLED - a distributor for JS LED - check out our website: www.maxxled.com - I would be happy to send you a sample, and our warranty is for 5 years. We've done some really big jobs in the southeast with no fading or any other problems.

Amy