ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Looking for someone who can fabricate overhead freeway DOT style signs

Hello all;

Looking for someone who can fabricate & ship overhead freeway - DOT signage.

This is the kind you see on the freeway & interstates & you take your vacations & company trips.

These signs use 3M engineer grade diamond reflective vinyl & EC film overlays. There are anywhere from 30 to 60 of these to fabricate & ship.

Please e-mail me directly at gary@lewissign.com

Very Respectfully,

J. Gary Bodnar

Graphics Dept. Manager

Lewis Sign

Buda, Tx.

512-312-4555

Most of the people that build these, on a regular basis, sell directly to the states. I would find out the specs on the ones you need and send them to a few wholesalers and see if anyone wants to do it.

I think the reflective is applied first and the lettering is silk screened over it. This makes the letters relective as well. At least that's one process.

What size are they?

Most of the people that build these, on a regular basis, sell directly to the states. I would find out the specs on the ones you need and send them to a few wholesalers and see if anyone wants to do it.

I think the reflective is applied first and the lettering is silk screened over it. This makes the letters relective as well. At least that's one process.

What size are they?

Geraldi;

They are quite large, 9' x 20' & larger. I called a few places, that I was familiar with, & am still looking. I will know more today after the pre-bid meeting.

Very Respectfully,

J. Gary Bodnar

• 3 weeks later...

Around here Atwood Fence Company Inc. Industrial Park Kosciusko, MS 39090. Phone: (662) 289-6338. Fax: (662) 289-7463. Their website is down for some reason. Also check with http://www.interstategraphicsinc.com/services.html

Philip;

Thanks for the info, I contacted Interstate Signs, & we dealt w/ Blake Yoder, a pretty stand up guy in my opinion - Interstate, has a pretty sweet deal, where if they fab your DOT signs, & you tell them what order you will be installing the signs, they have a really neat trailer that has your signs already loaded & in the order you specify, they bring you the trailer, you hook the trailer up to your truck & go to the first stop & remove old sig, pull new sign off of trailer & install, then proceede to next stop. No crating to remove & dispose of. You are allowed two weeks use of trailer for no charge, after that, they charge a fee. Like I said, the trailer pretty ingenious, reminds me of when we use to load stuff on board ships - stuff you need first is loaded last - stuff w/ least importance loaded first.

I had one sign company from the list here submit a bid, plus Interstate, I sent a request to Zumar, (quite a few requests) but recieved nothing back from them, & we had a few locals

submit bids also. I think we are done looking for quotes, as I found out we have submitted our bid, but I do not know if the Salesman is still looking for any other quotes. When I see the Salesman in charge of this project today, I will ask him, & post it to the board.

I greatly thank everyone for there support & help. Hopefully we will be awarded this project from the City of Austin, but who knows, as there was a tremendous amount of paperwork & other hoops that we had to jump thru & hurdle over. Only the good Lord knows, if we will be awarded the project.

Thanks Everyone.

Very Respectfully,

J. Gary Bodnar

Senior Designer

Lewis Sign

Buda, Texas

512-312-4555

gary@lewissign.com

• 9 months later...
  • Board Patron

Call Belsinger Signs, ask for Wayne (Baltimore MD) they build them.

That post is a year old LOL! Ya really have to look to catch the dates on these things. but good info to know

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg