Sticky Notes

Want to see more content on this site?

Register and Log In....It's FREE!!!  

Having Trouble?  Email us Link

Click the X to close this box

Kgirl Kgirl

ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES

If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components Like Trim Cap, LED's, USHIO LED Lamps, Neon Supplies, or LED Power Supplies, Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!

Buy Now

NATIONAL SIGN & SERVICE COMPANY REVIEW LIST

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors

Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

You Must Be A Registered Member & A Subcontractor
Click Here

MEMBER LOCATION MAP

Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call? Locate a Supplier or Advertiser Regarding Thier Goods & Services?

Become a Member & Upgrade Your Free Membership So Others Can Locate You
Click Here
manuellynch

What Do You Make of This?

This is definitely a topic for sitting at Erik's Dead Prince bar...

So out of the blue our New Zealand made AoTuroaLED or www.KiwiLED.co.nz products are being followed on Twitter by Bic Runga (www.BicRunga.com)

Bic is a very famous musician outside the USA - the Queen of England has practically nighted this lady and she is part of the Order of Merit. Learn more about her - her music is really good - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bic_Runga

Her claim to fame in the USA was the use of her song SWAY (good song - download it off iTunes) made it on the film American Pie and Cruel Intentions.

So she starts taking an interest in our products... what do you make of this???

So no opinions on this? At least about Bic Runga music?

Guest Signtiffic

Personal Opinion: Blows....

She is hot... and she has a beutiful voice....

Edited by Signtiffic

She is following you cuz you from the island, brah.

American Idol reject My personal a opinion she can't sing a lick

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

Guest Signtiffic

She can sing.... she's just not for me. Then again..... I'm bloody american. :amerflag:

Edited by Signtiffic

She can sing.... she's just not for me. Then again..... I'm bloody american. amerflag.gif

And so am I - we just build our products in New Zealand for quality and pricing issues. New Zealand also has high power prices like in Hawaii, Calif, and Alaska...so LEDs make sense in that environment.

I like some of Bic Runga's songs - her sister Boh Runga was part of a band called Stellar* - they are more to my liking.

I just think it is odd how accessible people are in other countries - I walked up to their Prime Minister John Key at a public waterfront event - in my very bold American way amerflag.gif and introduced myself - friendly guy.

So dont get me wrong - I too am American - I just think it is odd when a rock star follows an LED lighting company.

And - I would say she is a bit bigger in the Southern Hemisphere than up here - i am sure there are a lot of acts that would love to sell the millions of records she has sold.

So now this is getting wierd - LA Rock Star Boh Runga is following us on Twitter. Collaborators on her last album include Serj Tankian (System Of A Down), Greg Laswell and writing collaborations with Wendy Melvoin (Prince and the Revolution), Kevin Savigar, Rod Stewart's songwriter and Shelly Peiken who wrote 'Bitch' for Meredith Brooks and also Genie in a Bottle’ for Christina Aguilera.

And Zappos Shoes is now following us on Twitter as well

http://www.twitter.com/aoturoaled

She can sing.... she's just not for me. Then again..... I'm bloody american. amerflag.gif

And so am I - we just build our products in New Zealand for quality and pricing issues. New Zealand also has high power prices like in Hawaii, Calif, and Alaska...so LEDs make sense in that environment.

SO what is it????Are you American or New Zealander (dual citizenship dont cut it), You made a call out for people to leave America for a better place like our ancestors did when they left thier home. Watching all these posts your stories have many holes and talking out of both sides of the mouth.

I am a 3rd generation glass blower who does use LED's that are specified and lay vinyl but reading recent posts, my employees and I find it hard to believe that many of these figures and claims have any truth behind them. I am not singling any one company out but the LED industry as a whole.

You are told one thing and then when you turn around you are told something totally differnt, better yet the sad part is that things are blown so far out of proportion and made to believe they are so much grander than what they really are.

Congradulations on the KFC location, You cant even see the guy under the light at the counter. As a matter of fact most of the places in the store that are not directly under the lights are hard to see. Wouldn't that be a safety hazzard crying lawsuit? That is just an observation I made, Did anyone else notice that?

thanks for your comments -

At the KFC location light levels are 10% higher than fluorescent throughout the store according to the employees...and to the light meter.

My understanding is Zappos, the number 1 shoe retailer in the USA, will be using our lighting

And now McDonalds is planning on retrofitting restaurants.

As far as nationality/citizenship - I am an American. I have visited the USA thoroughly and worked in Southern California, New Jersey, New York, Northern California, Texas, and now Las Vegas. I have been to every State except for Vermont. I am ready to take the opportunity we have have as Americans to go spend time in another country to gain better perspective on what makes our country great and where the problems are so I can focus on lending a hand to fix them. I have lived in the USA, Spain, Italy and New Zealand.

Just so happens that I got raised by a Spanish Mom from Spain - she taught all of us to work our asses off in the USA - and she at 81 years old is still working in the Federal Court System as a translator for court cases. After 40 years in the USA she became a citizen. My Dad, well he was from an Irish family and he also worked his ass off in the USA and stood out by being the designer of most of the wings on aircraft that are in the sky - he was head of aerodynamics for McDonnell Douglas for 42 years. He said he feels his American legacy is that he made it possible for people to travel the world and see their families at a low cost.

We are living in New Zealand part time to take advantage of an economic opportunity - we build our products there - and the Rugby World Cup 2011 is coming up and Energy Prices just got hiked because of their Energy Trading Scheme - every commercial facility and public place is looking to retrofit and modernize their lighting. We are in the thick of it and their is tremendous capitalistic (American) opportunities. It just so happens that while you live in another country you see what it has that we dont. New Zealand has better education, better health care, lower taxes, etc. It does however have some things that are worse - Volcanoes, Earthquakes, Typhoons, 15% Sales Tax, and a general attitude that people dont want to try too hard - or stand out by kicking ass at their jobs. I suppose why people are watching and following us on Twitter is because we stand out. We are using it as an opportunity to find what we like best in the USA.

I suspect I will live in France next - it has plenty of negative things (they speak French) but it also has a lot to offer the world and I want to learn more - hell they gave us the icon of our country, the Statue of Liberty!

So I am from the USA, I am an American and I live in lovely Las Vegas - land of neon, land of LED, land of interesting people watching, and land of great food and entertainment. But there are some really negative things here: 1) public transportation, 2) healthcare, 3) education, 4) and we are the city hit worst by USA economic downturn. So we are gaining some objectivity and perspective and seeing our world from a different place.

So why dont you drop me a Personal Message with your contact details and I will send you a bit of what we have learned and extracted from living abroad at times.

And I will let you know when a fast food chain in the USA is lit down the street from where you are.

And PS - we just learned that we are going to be even further lowering our LED kit prices later this year when we introduce a product that is even more efficient, brighter, and lower cost.

I'm bloody american. amerflag.gif

I was taught to be proud to be an American - is there a reason you are not sharing with us who you are, your company, your details?

Hiding behind an icon and a screen name reminds me of several other countries and some of their odd habits.

My feeling is that people who dont stand up and say "this is who I am" and who hide behind a veil of secrecy are no different than a woman (or man - guy robbed a bank in Australia in one of these outfits!) in a Burka.

Hell - we are taught as children to stand up in class and say "My Name is..." - do we encourage kids to dress up in costumes and hide themselves from the real world (except for Halloween!)???

I'm bloody american. amerflag.gif

I was taught to be proud to be an American - is there a reason you are not sharing with us who you are, your company, your details?

Hiding behind an icon and a screen name reminds me of several other countries and some of their odd habits.

My feeling is that people who dont stand up and say "this is who I am" and who hide behind a veil of secrecy are no different than a woman (or man - guy robbed a bank in Australia in one of these outfits!) in a Burka.

Hell - we are taught as children to stand up in class and say "My Name is..." - do we encourage kids to dress up in costumes and hide themselves from the real world (except for Halloween!)???

You take yourself way to seriously Manuel. All this self promotion and name dropping seem a bit rediculous . I've been a member of the SS for about 10 months now and you are the only one that I see using the sight as their corporate web sight. Do you have a websight of your own to spew this stuff ? You were fishing for opinions so there's mine. "My name is" Randy and I am a proud American who manufactures top quality neon and cold cathode lighting right here in the US

Do you have a websight of your own to spew this stuff ? You were fishing for opinions so there's mine. "My name is" Randy and I am a proud American who manufactures top quality neon and cold cathode lighting right here in the US

yes, here it is www.manuellynch.com - here we post a lot of stuff of friends visiting us in Las Vegas or New Zealand. We make sure visitors to Las Vegas have a great time.

And just so you know I love cold cathode - and I use to work for Microsemi who is one of the leading patent holders for integrated circuits driving CCFL in in flat panel displays.

Garrett on this board and I were developing a Cold Cathode light for Pulte Homes to replace conventional light bulb - but then the housing market fell apart.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.