ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Plasco%200491-00819B.jpeg

SHOPPING CART LINK

DAILY DELIVERY FOR SAN DIEGO

3/4" ($47.75) & 1" ($55.75) + Shipping
Colors are below

* Black
* White
* Gold
* Silver (Brushed Silver Appearance)
* Bronze

* Duranotic Bronze

* Orange

* Red ( 3M Poppy Red 3630-143 | Pantone 179 C )
* Blue ( 3M Intense Blue 3630-127 | Pantone 300 C )

* Dark Blue (Avery Dark Blue 8500-007)
* Yellow ( 3M Sunflower 3630-25 | Pantone 124 C )

* Green ( Oracal Emerald Green 8800-087 | Pantone 348 C )

Some notes I'd like to add about this product.

Some may have used this product in the past and some may have never had a chance. This product disappeared from suppliers right after 9/11 from what I understand there were Customs issues that made it too costly to bring in.

IF you remember this product from long ago, you will be glad it's back (just like the reaction I've gotten to all who have purchased from me).

IF you have never used it, your fabricators will love you for using it, it's MUCH MUCH easier to work with and notch, you won't get those splits you sometimes get on corners.
My other understanding is that this product was mainly distributed on the west coast, so not many on the east coast have ever tried it. My advice is try it, believe me YOU will LOVE it!

Before 9/11 I used PLASCO and the Silvatrim Trimcaps. I still have signs up 16+ years and this trim cap is still up, it's very durable.

PLASCO Trim for Polycarbonate Channel Letter Faces

Plasco is an excellent channel letter trim cap to be used to fabricated polycarbonate / Lexan channel letter faces. We also stock Channel Bond, the 1 part system which makes it easy for bonding Plasco Trim to Polycarbonate. You can also find Channel Bond here

PLASCO VS JEWELITE

In another thread I was asking why anyone east of Colorado "WHY" they mainly buy 1" Jewlite and not 3/4" Jewelite for 24" Channel Letters and smaller.

The reason seems to be is that when you use 1" Jewelite with a standard 3/16" channel letter face the 1" Jewelite gives you more clearance because the arrow extrusion protrudes more than 1/4" from the face giving you less mechanical fastening room. Make sense but 1" is very tough to notch, bend and get in small letter centers too because of that arrow extrusion.

I was always use to Plasco Trim Cap in my years of the sign industry, NOT Jewelite because on the West Coast Plasco was stocked more than Jewelite before 9/11. So after this "clearance" point was brought up I did some quick measuring because I had a east coast client buy Plasco 1" to match up with his regular use of 1" Jewelite. Then shortly after receiving his order with 3/4" samples he soon after starting ordering 3/4". I asked him why the change in smaller trim. He said the change was because the 3/4" Plasco trim gave him the same fastening clearance that he got buying 1" Jewelite. 

I've attached some images to show you that you can use 3/4" Plasco Trim Cap that will give you the same clearance as 1" Jewelite IF clearance is important to you.

Plasco vs. Jewelite - Here we display the channel letter baseline along with the clearance you get using 3/4" & 1" Plasco / Jewelite Trim Caps

JewelitevsPlasco-800.jpg

1" Jewelite clearance

Jewelite-1inch-800.jpg

1" Plasco - More mechanical clearance than 1" Jewelite

Plasco-1inch-800.jpg

3/4" Plasco - Just about the same mechanical clearance as using 1" Jewelite

Plasco-34inch-800.jpg

3/4" Jewelite - Less mechanical clearance than 3/4" Plasco

Jewelite-34inch-800.jpg

1" Jewelite - Arrow extrusion protrusion more than 1/4" past the channel letter face.

Jewelite-1inch-facethick-800.jpg

http://www.thesignsyndicate.com/miscstuff/adverts/examples/Plasco Trim Cap.JPG

You can contact me by email for orders / inquiries at

orders@thesignsyndicate.com or (858) 880-1400 or purchase from out online Shopping Cart

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• Board Patron

HHAHA, sign me up, i'll talk to the bossman! We got a shipment in from interstate and I know we pay a lot higher than that. Willl call neighbor??

Edited by JR Neon

• Board Patron

Is this product listed in the UL SAM manual, I think we had problems before with this product not being listed, do you happened to know if it is.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey guys, posting a picture of a small sign we just tried with your trim cap. Our fabricators love it, so much easier with no cracking or splitting on the corners that we sometimes get with the others. If anyone here hasn't tried it, I highly recommend it.

post-4925-0-02339200-1319562650.jpg

• 7 months later...

I have to update and relay this information for a very good IMPORTANT reason.

I've run into a few shop and in conversation they've let me know that they had VERY bad experience with PLASCO trim cap because of splitting and cracking, "It did NOT feel like the PLASCO I remember". Come to find out they bought this from a plastics company here in California that has had a questionable reputation in the sign industry.

If you bought this from a plastics company in the So Cal Area be warned, most likely you did not purchase PLASCO trim cap, you purchased a cheap replica manufactured in China and labeled and sold as PLASCO. PLASCO / Elkmet is manufactured in Germany NOT China!

There is only 2 to 3 authorized resellers of PLASCO trim cap in California, no "chain" sign suppliers are authorized to stock or sell PLASCO trim cap.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• 7 months later...

3 Years later and STILL just $44.75 for a 3/4" x 165' roll of trim cap, that's 15' more per roll over mfg's like Jewelite. $52.75 still for a 1" roll x 165'

Something don't change!!!!

• 2 years later...

More exciting trim cap news that I know a lot of you look forward too :lol_hitting:

Some more colors coming, colors that match your typical prefabbed coils.

Coming real soon

Duranotic Bronze

Orange

Dark Blue (Huron Blue)

Dark Red

More color to come from Plasco Trim

• 4 weeks later...

Right now for a few weeks we're having a sale on all trim cap rolls with a minimum 5 roll order, $40.75 for 3/4", $49.75 for 1"

Mix and match it up!!! :thumbs::fnd (9):

• 9 months later...

To update everyone of our new stock and colors we now have a darker blue which matches pretty well with Avery's Dark Blue Translucent 8500 Vinyl series 007.

We also have a real Duranotic Bronze to match most coated pre-fab Aluminum coils.

Finally we have Orange.

DK Blue Duranotic Plasco.jpg

Colors may not appear correct and is dependent on your monitor resolution and profile setting

Just to give an update. These rolls are now 151 feet in length.  We now have an Orange, Dark Blue, and Duranotic Bronze, all intended to match vendor channel letter coils.  Also, not the Vinyl Vendor color match numbers above in case you need to match to vinyl faces

I edited the spec info in the original post above, but still need to update all the banners and ads