ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Axiom NZ LED and AoTuroaLED Announce the Green Step Forward

logo-prn-01_PRN.gif

Axiom NZ LED and AoTuroaLED Announce the Green Step Forward Incentive for May 2010-- Offer discounts to accelerate Carbon Footprint reduction

-- Both companies confirm Patent protectionsAUCKLAND, New Zealand and LAS VEGAS, May 3 /PRNewswire/ -- Axiom NZ LED of Las Vegas, Nevada and AoTuroaLED of Auckland, New Zealand announced today that the companies are offering a "Green Step Forward" program for the month of May 2010 that facilitates the worldwide effort to reduce one's Carbon Footprint. As the use of fossil fuels continues to increase globally and power prices continue to climb there are international efforts to reduce carbon emissions such as using green energy efficient technologies that use sustainable low carbon footprint approaches to manufacturing, packaging, and delivery.

The "Green Step Forward" program allows customers to receive up to 20% off the Axiom NZ white LED products for signage lighting applications replacing neon and fluorescent and 20% off its AoTuroaLED retrofit kits for fluorescent T-Bar or suspended ceiling interior light fixtures and parking garage or car park lighting fixtures. The program is valid from May 1 – May 31, and is not valid with any other coupon or incentive.

"The 'Green Step Forward' program allows customers to receive a significant discount on our high brightness and low energy LED products to either continue or to start reducing one's Carbon Footprint," stated Manuel Lynch, CEO and Director of AoTuroaLED and Axiom NZ LED. "Sometimes it isn't just the desire to want to reduce carbon emissions that drives people to make the change, it has to be assisted by an incentive that affects the pocket book as well. People like to see their decisions turn the bottom line green as well."

The companies' products are manufactured in "100% Pure" New Zealand and incorporate the use of several patented technologies.

The two companies further confirmed their commitment to help their customers maintain positive cash flow and/or "Staying in the Green". Axiom NZ LED and AoTuroaLED have their customers' best interests in mind to prevent legal issues and to help save their customers' money through offering LED technology that drastically saves money through lowered maintenance costs.

Numerous LED lighting products with inferior quality, shortened lifetime, and patent infringing technologies made in China have entered the market. These products present a tremendous risk to customers' financial responsibility to support maintenance and warranty claims as a result of shortened lifetime or inferior performance as well as providing customers legal protections against infringing a patent. Axiom NZ LED and AoTuroaLED reconfirmed that they are continuing to support the use of high reliability long-lifetime patented LED technology of Nichia LED of Japan and innovative patented weather resistant connector technology by Zeirick of New York. Nichia and Zeirick technologies are used on all Axiom NZ LED and AoTuroaLED white light products.

"It is illegal to sell, buy or even use a knock-off or imitation purse," joked Stephanie Prather, Director of AoTuroaLED Limited. "Knock-off purses are sold on street corners by people avoiding the law. Both sellers as well as buyers know it is illegal, yet they do it anyway. Most times companies are unaware the LED products they bought are cheap and usually inferior knock-offs. Axiom NZ LED and AoTuroaLED using Nichia of Japan LEDs and Zeirick connectors is akin to playing sports fair and honest. Other companies that use LED or electronic products that infringe patents are no different than the illegal practice of playing professional sports using steroids."

All of the AoTuroaLED and Axiom NZ LED white LED products use Nichia products and are protected by numerous US Patents including the one with the most extensive coverage, US Patent 5998925.

"We find it amusing that knock off technologies are claiming that Nichia LED patents are expiring—they are not," added Dane Cardone, CEO of AoTuroaLED USA. "That would be like suggesting that Microsoft's patents are expiring because they invented their software in the 1970s. They continue to enhance their intellectual property portfolio by patenting more technologies. Microsoft recently issued a license to a HTC, a Chinese/Taiwanese mobile phone company, that was infringing their patents for a product that uses a Google operating system. Nichia like Microsoft protects its intellectual property – at AoTuroaLED and Axiom NZ LED we are proud to use Nichia LEDs."

To receive the "Green Step Forward" program discounts customers simply have to watch the 60 second YouTube video to receive the discount code word. See the video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=181itiVfh9k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=181itiVfh9k

The Green Step Forward program is offered on the following company websites:

RELATED LINKS

http://www.AxiomLED.com

http://www.AoTuroaLED.co.nz

wow - people are getting creative on how they are using the AoTuroaLED www.KiwiLED.com retrofit kits. See the attached link - pretty clever, low cost, easy maintenance, etc. I love how creative people are in the sign industry in just getting it done.

http://www.aoturoaled.com/canopylighting.htm

LEDcanopy1.jpg

• Like 1

• !llumenati

Cute.

With all due respect it looks like the headlight of a car with a dead alternator and the battery dying. To light a parking lot it should be able to illuminate the berber and overpower the room lighting.

Just my opinion from looking at the picture

GOOD things happen for a reason......

Cute.

With all due respect it looks like the headlight of a car with a dead alternator and the battery dying. To light a parking lot it should be able to illuminate the berber and overpower the room lighting.

This application was for 2500 lumen - there is another one were they tripled up on LED modules and it was 7500 lumens

• !llumenati

Cute.

This application was for 2500 lumen - there is another one were they tripled up on LED modules and it was 7500 lumens

Ahh, I see now. Would that application have to use 2 power supplies for the 7500 lumen version, You would be over 60 watts

Ahh, I see now. Would that application have to use 2 power supplies for the 7500 lumen version, You would be over 60 watts

No - this LED system uses our UL PS72HS30 power supply - 72 Watts, 30 VDC. We have a pretty extensive list of power supplies. We also have a 144 Watt version that can handle 15,000 lumen version.

• !llumenati

I see, I keep forgetting that outside the sign industry the classifications change, where for signs it has to stay at 60watts to conform to the class 2 wireing codes.

On another note what would the low output of the one in the picture be used for?

I see, I keep forgetting that outside the sign industry the classifications change, where for signs it has to stay at 60watts to conform to the class 2 wireing codes.

On another note what would the low output of the one in the picture be used for?

They use it to show their clients what the lumen output of the 7500 lumen version will look like in 6 months

• Like 1

logo-prn-01_PRN.gif

Axiom NZ LED and AoTuroaLED Announce the Green Step Forward Incentive for May 2010-- Offer discounts to accelerate Carbon Footprint reduction

-- Both companies confirm Patent protectionsAUCKLAND, New Zealand and LAS VEGAS, May 3 /PRNewswire/ -- Axiom NZ LED of Las Vegas, Nevada and AoTuroaLED of Auckland, New Zealand announced today that the companies are offering a "Green Step Forward" program for the month of May 2010 that facilitates the worldwide effort to reduce one's Carbon Footprint. As the use of fossil fuels continues to increase globally and power prices continue to climb there are international efforts to reduce carbon emissions such as using green energy efficient technologies that use sustainable low carbon footprint approaches to manufacturing, packaging, and delivery.

The "Green Step Forward" program allows customers to receive up to 20% off the Axiom NZ white LED products for signage lighting applications replacing neon and fluorescent and 20% off its AoTuroaLED retrofit kits for fluorescent T-Bar or suspended ceiling interior light fixtures and parking garage or car park lighting fixtures. The program is valid from May 1 – May 31, and is not valid with any other coupon or incentive.

"The 'Green Step Forward' program allows customers to receive a significant discount on our high brightness and low energy LED products to either continue or to start reducing one's Carbon Footprint," stated Manuel Lynch, CEO and Director of AoTuroaLED and Axiom NZ LED. "Sometimes it isn't just the desire to want to reduce carbon emissions that drives people to make the change, it has to be assisted by an incentive that affects the pocket book as well. People like to see their decisions turn the bottom line green as well."

The companies' products are manufactured in "100% Pure" New Zealand and incorporate the use of several patented technologies.

The two companies further confirmed their commitment to help their customers maintain positive cash flow and/or "Staying in the Green". Axiom NZ LED and AoTuroaLED have their customers' best interests in mind to prevent legal issues and to help save their customers' money through offering LED technology that drastically saves money through lowered maintenance costs.

Numerous LED lighting products with inferior quality, shortened lifetime, and patent infringing technologies made in China have entered the market. These products present a tremendous risk to customers' financial responsibility to support maintenance and warranty claims as a result of shortened lifetime or inferior performance as well as providing customers legal protections against infringing a patent. Axiom NZ LED and AoTuroaLED reconfirmed that they are continuing to support the use of high reliability long-lifetime patented LED technology of Nichia LED of Japan and innovative patented weather resistant connector technology by Zeirick of New York. Nichia and Zeirick technologies are used on all Axiom NZ LED and AoTuroaLED white light products.

"It is illegal to sell, buy or even use a knock-off or imitation purse," joked Stephanie Prather, Director of AoTuroaLED Limited. "Knock-off purses are sold on street corners by people avoiding the law. Both sellers as well as buyers know it is illegal, yet they do it anyway. Most times companies are unaware the LED products they bought are cheap and usually inferior knock-offs. Axiom NZ LED and AoTuroaLED using Nichia of Japan LEDs and Zeirick connectors is akin to playing sports fair and honest. Other companies that use LED or electronic products that infringe patents are no different than the illegal practice of playing professional sports using steroids."

All of the AoTuroaLED and Axiom NZ LED white LED products use Nichia products and are protected by numerous US Patents including the one with the most extensive coverage, US Patent 5998925.

"We find it amusing that knock off technologies are claiming that Nichia LED patents are expiring—they are not," added Dane Cardone, CEO of AoTuroaLED USA. "That would be like suggesting that Microsoft's patents are expiring because they invented their software in the 1970s. They continue to enhance their intellectual property portfolio by patenting more technologies. Microsoft recently issued a license to a HTC, a Chinese/Taiwanese mobile phone company, that was infringing their patents for a product that uses a Google operating system. Nichia like Microsoft protects its intellectual property – at AoTuroaLED and Axiom NZ LED we are proud to use Nichia LEDs."

To receive the "Green Step Forward" program discounts customers simply have to watch the 60 second YouTube video to receive the discount code word. See the video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=181itiVfh9k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=181itiVfh9k

The Green Step Forward program is offered on the following company websites:

RELATED LINKS

http://www.AxiomLED.com

http://www.AoTuroaLED.co.nz

"GREEN STEP FORWARD" you guys crack me up with these sales tactics.It is amazing how eco contiuous you LED guys really are,I bet you have a couple of prius' in the garage too. Will you be going to the Whitehouse to protest oil drilling in the gulf ? You can call your sales pitch what you want to but LEDS are not greener than neon and cold cathode. I think Al Gore is looking for a job maybe you can prop him up as your front man.

They use it to show their clients what the lumen output of the 7500 lumen version will look like in 6 months

Wow - I should have Nichia jump on here and bet you a ton of money - or just go look at the Great White Hope and see our performance.

"GREEN STEP FORWARD" you guys crack me up with these sales tactics.It is amazing how eco contiuous you LED guys really are,I bet you have a couple of prius' in the garage too. Will you be going to the Whitehouse to protest oil drilling in the gulf ? You can call your sales pitch what you want to but LEDS are not greener than neon and cold cathode. I think Al Gore is looking for a job maybe you can prop him up as your front man.

Isnt it great that this forum allows people to have different opinions. My wife has no Prius, she has an iQ (cool car) - she thinks she has wings but I tell her she rides a broom! Which reminds me of a Magic Broomstick we rode recently - here is a video we did

Wow - I should have Nichia jump on here and bet you a ton of money - or just go look at the Great White Hope and see our performance.

Are you referring to the test that is conducted indoors in a controlled climate ? Thats not a test. Lets see how it perfofms outdoors during a florida summer . Lots of heat ,humidity, rain and lightning. Ask the people at Disney how well leds are performing here . I would take that bet

Are you referring to the test that is conducted indoors in a controlled climate ? Thats not a test. Lets see how it perfofms outdoors during a florida summer . Lots of heat ,humidity, rain and lightning. Ask the people at Disney how well leds are performing here . I would take that bet

No, I am talking about the test they do at 80C or 176F and 80% humidity. And the real world testing we have in place in San Diego (the Great White Hope test on this website), Auckland New Zealand (a bit wetter than Florida), Las Vegas Nevada (more extreme ambient temp 28F to 115F), Melbourne Australia (a bit hotter and more humid than Florida)...and the hundreds of other applications in Hawaii, Mexico, South America, and Canada that see a bit more moisture.

Nichia is a bit different than other LED chip companies - they run some pretty crazy and extreme continuous testing data in Tokushima Japan - I have been there and it is a little crazy how much environmental testing they do. Good to be partnered with someone like this.

And for your reference - i think Florida is one of our larger installation areas in the USA - here is a recent project we did

http://www.free-press-release.com/news-axiom-nz-led-lighting-amway-center-for-orlando-magic-1271100359.html

No, I am talking about the test they do at 80C or 176F and 80% humidity. And the real world testing we have in place in San Diego (the Great White Hope test on this website), Auckland New Zealand (a bit wetter than Florida), Las Vegas Nevada (more extreme ambient temp 28F to 115F), Melbourne Australia (a bit hotter and more humid than Florida)...and the hundreds of other applications in Hawaii, Mexico, South America, and Canada that see a bit more moisture.

Nichia is a bit different than other LED chip companies - they run some pretty crazy and extreme continuous testing data in Tokushima Japan - I have been there and it is a little crazy how much environmental testing they do. Good to be partnered with someone like this.

And for your reference - i think Florida is one of our larger installation areas in the USA - here is a recent project we did

http://www.free-press-release.com/news-axiom-nz-led-lighting-amway-center-for-orlando-magic-1271100359.html

Wow thats amazing . I can tell by your green hair that you are very proud of your product. I was just at the isa international led show here in orlando and i saw dozens of your competitors making the same claims of industry superiority. Marketing your product as a way to reduce the carbon foot print is laughable but if thats what it takes to sell it than i guess thats what you have to do. The led industry as a whole is a giant propoganda machine that sells their product to uneducated end users that have been force fed a lot of BS.

• Like 1

The led industry as a whole is a giant propoganda machine that sells their product to uneducated end users that have been force fed a lot of BS.

Mark - is that you? :stinker:

• !llumenati
The led industry as a whole is a giant propoganda machine that sells their product to uneducated end users that have been force fed a lot of BS.

Mark - is that you? :stinker:

No Marko, Randy is one of the best glass benders that I have met traveling the country.

• Board Patron

I think he is right on track the the propaganda statement. I like the use of LEDs for certain projects BUT they are not the second coming of Christ as the LED folks would lead the ignorant sheep to believe.

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

they are not the second coming of Christ as the LED folks would lead the ignorant sheep to believe.

No Brian they are not. Not to get into any religious discussions but some of the books would look rather odd with the characters in them with green hair.

I have told people to buy boxes of incandescent bulbs - they will be worth a lot of money some day.

And for a bit of education ....does anyone else find it interesting that the material Gallium which is found in almost all LEDs is sometimes found in the flutes of Coal power plants? So the ultra "green" technology is coming from Coal Power plants....I think that is funny and actually a little bit of truth that makes the marketing hype just a little amusing...and is why we put on the green wigs. We believe that what is most important is making more green (money) and having less lawsuit exposure (using a patent infringing LED technology).

Here is some info on Gallium - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallium

I think he is right on track the the propaganda statement. I like the use of LEDs for certain projects BUT they are not the second coming of Christ as the LED folks would lead the ignorant sheep to believe.

Interesting choice of words.

There's people would would argue it takes a sheep to believe that christ ever existed the first time.

I would seriously like to know what LED people you guys are meeting to get the impression that beings shared here, or is it just hyperbole?

• !llumenati

they are not the second coming of Christ as the LED folks would lead the ignorant sheep to believe.

No Brian they are not. Not to get into any religious discussions but some of the books would look rather odd with the characters in them with green hair.

I have told people to buy boxes of incandescent bulbs - they will be worth a lot of money some day.

And for a bit of education ....does anyone else find it interesting that the material Gallium which is found in almost all LEDs is sometimes found in the flutes of Coal power plants? So the ultra "green" technology is coming from Coal Power plants....I think that is funny and actually a little bit of truth that makes the marketing hype just a little amusing...and is why we put on the green wigs. We believe that what is most important is making more green (money) and having less lawsuit exposure (using a patent infringing LED technology).

Here is some info on Gallium - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallium

So basically there is mercury embedded in the Gallium that is not recyclable unlike the mercury that IS recylable in flourescent lamps. How much Hg is released into the atmosphere from the coal powered factories in china that are producing the "green" lighting components.

"I have told people to buy boxes of incandescent bulbs - they will be worth a lot of money some day."

Answer_ because they will still be lit and will have paid for themselves 10 fold :lol_hitting:

• Board Patron

manuel and marko now you two know damn good and well that there is a lot of "fluff" in the marketing of most if not all leds weather you will admit to it or not. The word "green" has been thrown around so much that it is now worthless because people have been bombarded by it.

Edited by chubbygumby
  • Like 1

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

And don't you think that we are laughing at ourselves by wearing green wigs?

My favorite color is Orange. Do you think we should start a fluffy ad campaign "about doing the right thing so you can see more of the orange sun"???

You are right - LED companies need some new words... I like when we make our customers profitable - that is the green (in the USA) that matters

Trying to figure out what colors we can refer to in countries with multi-colored currency!!!