ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Night Patrol

Do you do night patrol to look for service?

If so how do you compensate the employee for their time? In the past we have paid employees a percentage of the service order. We also paid a per call amount at one time and I know a company that just pays the employee their hourly amount.

I'm looking for a fair way to drum up more service. Any other ideas will be appreciated.

I think a percentage of the service call plus future service calls coming from that same client that the employee found. Maybe the future service calls would be a different percentage.

I think that is good incentive. Also might keep the employees from moonlighting, which I know a lot do. But if they get a percentage from the call and for future it might drive them more for the company.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Guest Signtiffic

$5 Dollars per photo with accurate contact information, including address. This is a 19-24 year olds wet dream of a job. If he/she does 20 photos and address grabs each day for 5 days. Thats not a bad income.

Then you market for T&M and or ala carte service. Voilla :coffee1:

We do $20 for each lead that turns into a service order. Seems to work pretty well since there is no shortage of leads from the guys every other day or so.

For those of you doing this, do you tell the night owls to avoid the chain stores that you know are handled by a national account since the local manager is not in charge of who does the work?

When I had my bucket truck all my, most of my night driving was a waste of time to be honest. Most of the time when I contacted the owners in the morning didn't know the sign was out, and already had a sign and lighting company. Maybe it's just me, but I spent more time & money driving than getting back anything worth while.

But, if it's commission based, that IMO is key and a benefit to the company.

Maybe on a side note, we should do a poll to see which chain store has the most outages, lol. :P

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

For those of you doing this, do you tell the night owls to avoid the chain stores that you know are handled by a national account since the local manager is not in charge of who does the work?

Indeed... they stick to the local stuff or sites owned by a local franchisee.

Maybe on a side note, we should do a poll to see which chain store has the most outages, lol. :P

That would be interesting to see... although the hard part would be limiting the voting choices :dizzy:

Guest Signtiffic

Listen... this doesn't work well with a aphone call... at least not you making the call.... send the amiler and let them call you.... You need at least 20 out of 100 trys and your money is safe.

Invest $5 per digital photo and address...

Plus $1.00 for an envelope, 8.5 x 11 print of the picture, and postage.

Mail the letter.......

If you get 100 leads in a week and convert 20 of them into service calls at an average of $450 per call. (Of course this is low)

Item Cost

100 Leads $500

100 Mailings $100

Staff Time

to Print and

Mail the items$100

Total Cost $700

Convert Just 20 of 100 into service calls

20 X $450 avg = $9000

ROI forecast with different average tickets

20 x $650 = $13000

20 X $550 = $11000

20 x $450 = $9000

20 X $350 = $7000

20 X $250 = $5000

20 X $200 = $4000

Edited by Signtiffic

Here's another idea,

http://gotprint.net/g/uploadDoorHanger.do

Leave this on the door, printed in black on one side facing out with "Final Notice" in yellow of fluor green, make it scary looking for the person, then on the other side letting them know thier sign is out at night

• Board Patron

we do static cling decals and emails

63 foot Elliott v60

50 foot 8 ton crane/auger

Skid steer with forks and dirt bucket

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

Do you have any idea on how to find the right person to emailor is it more just sending the email you find via Google?

• Board Patron

sometimes we get lucky and the contacts say the position of the person or else we just email and mail a flyer and card

63 foot Elliott v60

50 foot 8 ton crane/auger

Skid steer with forks and dirt bucket

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446