ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Signs Of The Times - July 2010 Issue

Erik Sine

SOT July 2010 Issue  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which Article Is Erik Writing About This Time?

• Technology Update - Darek Johnson
    • Real World Vinyl - Rob Ivers
    • The Moving Message - Bob Klausmier
    • Lighting Techniques - Marcus Thielen
    • New Products & Projects - Susan Conner
    • Strictly Commercial - Manfred Didier
    • Tell The World With Wraps - Steve Aust
    • Red, White, Blue, and Green - Troy Crocker

• Board Patron

In closing.

What's confusing to me after reading this report is what ISA's position is in all of this?  I don't see any fight in them, when I say a "fight" I don't mean going to a city hall and fighting an ordinance.  I mean fighting a MOVEMENT.  I hope there are those at ISA willing to speak up and do so if this is an ideology shared by various hierarchy, it's going to be hard to turn down a lot of money they can get from both sides of Manufacturer & Sign Companies.  I hope there isn't an intention to roll over and play dead, use this crisis as a way to capitalize on "programs" to get us to follow along with the "changes" or to show us how "wrong" we are.  Because this is how this report is coming across.  Change how you and I do and conduct business.  Instead of making/creating programs for those paid/unpaid members, maybe they should start to financially back a group that has the bigger picture for our industry well in hand.  Yes ISA has done some good in the past, not denying that and sometime too little too late because they are wrapped (no pun intended) in the WOW of another light source.

RINGER! You just hit that nail on the head with a two handed sludge hammer >>>>>> They can't even afford to lose money on this and not a fight they would want to ever take up. Good comments on everything else too.

I'm soooooo tired of sales people telling me I have to look after the environment after they put a product in my hand, you know? I'm polluting the ocean now because of what mascara I use, give me a break people, go off yourself!

Mascara is a green product! It prevents visual pollution, previous poster excepted! The green movement is much more about political power and money to be made than it is about saving the environment.

I just finished surveying 42 locations for changing Fred's Dollar Stores from yellow and red signs to blue and green. I think many companies will change to that color scheme in the following years to appear green. Isn't that what BP did when it came out with it's sunburst logo?

The reason the government will not spend it's way out of a recession is they are spending borrowed money. At the G20 conference Europe banded together and said after the various "stimulus packages" expire they will have to get their financial house in order. Of course our leadership said the government has to stimulate more because the economic recovery is still fragile.

Check out the cover of the August edition of THE SOT when it comes out. "LIGHT FROM CCFL'S CURES CANCER" :) Nice huh . I slipped them a $ 20

Check out the cover of the August edition of THE SOT when it comes out. "LIGHT FROM CCFL'S CURES CANCER" :) Nice huh . I slipped them a $ 20

lol

I thought that was Octobers cover in observance of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. :P

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill