ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

ribbon burner problems

have any of you tube benders ever seen this problem...???...ribbon burner is ok all the way open...shut it down for a 6 inch or less heat and the fire goes out and down the supply stand...vibrates like hell....RUN an shut off gas supply...where is my hard hat and flack-jacket...???...i keep the burner clean...i'm not a dummy i will figure this problem out...i just wondered if someone else has seen this...???...the plant has been idle for some time...but it worked great the last time it was used...all the fire heads are clean...i have been bending since 1980...this is pissing me off...i feel like heaven is gittin closer...hehehe...blown up in TEXAS...comment if yall will...FUTURE HYDE SCHRAPNEL VICTOM...DR. PHIL certified sign dawg...

• !llumenati

have any of you tube benders ever seen this problem...???...ribbon burner is ok all the way open...shut it down for a 6 inch or less heat and the fire goes out and down the supply stand...vibrates like hell....RUN an shut off gas supply...where is my hard hat and flack-jacket...???...i keep the burner clean...i'm not a dummy i will figure this problem out...i just wondered if someone else has seen this...???...the plant has been idle for some time...but it worked great the last time it was used...all the fire heads are clean...i have been bending since 1980...this is pissing me off...i feel like heaven is gittin closer...hehehe...blown up in TEXAS...comment if yall will...FUTURE HYDE SCHRAPNEL VICTOM...DR. PHIL certified sign dawg...

I know it sounds like a crap answer - but confirm that your air and gas are actually hooked up to the air and gas supply respectively. Then make sure that the air and gas hose goes to the CORRECT inlet on the economizer---assuming you are using one. Lastly - start from scratch and readjust your fires. I also dont' have a clue whether your gas or propane. Check your pressure on both. You have a pressure issue either form cranking your fires too much and they won't close down -- or the initial gas/air pressure is way too high. Typical air pressure is 2.5-4 p.s.i. If memory serves, gas pressure is like at .5 ? One thing alot of people assume is that higher gas pressure will give you hotter fires..not true.

gn

Edited by Gary Nutting

• !llumenati

Sounds like you have to much air pressure. On the old Hydes the ports are larger for the last few inches. If you have removed the screen make sure that you put it back in the rite direction. This was done so you can have a nice flame on the end. Do you have the economiser that has a lever or the push/pull type.

Did the vibration stop when you turned the gas off??

GOOD things happen for a reason......