ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

A Year in Review of 2010 - Newsletter

Kgirl

MESSAGE FROM THE "UNDERGROUND CONDUIT"

Every Sign Syndicate Board Newsletter we will send out links to our newest board news and information to make "The Happening" out in our industry known.

DECEMBER 20, 2010

By Kirstie Gastelum, SS Administrator

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas...

This weeks discussions on The Sign Syndicate we are taking a look back in part one of...."A year in review of 2010"...........

Don't forget to log in under your free membership other wise you won't be able to see the The Sign Syndicate in it's entirety....and check out the newest products & specials from out Board Vendors below...

A YEAR IN REVIEW OF 2010 - PART I

Show us YOUR sign!

We're located in an industrial park, in the first unit of our building (facing the street). The landlord only allows plaque style sings on square blanks that are located next to each door, so we simply stuck our logo on in vinyl and were done with it. I have since been able to persuade them to allow us to make an illuminated sign that is exactly the same size, but with a little more flair. .....

TACO BELL SIGN FALLS - KILLS WOMAN

Wow. That pipe is shredded. I see one thing that happened in your case that interests me. The Section Modulus of pipe is determined by its thickness *and* its diameter. Section Modulus for those of you who do not fab heavy steel is the steel's ability to resist bending. I won;t bother running this through our engineering program to see if my numbers are exactly accurate, but the principle will be true. The SM of a 10" pipe with a 1/2" thick wall may be the same.....

520 WILKIE - WHO HAS ONE AND DO YOU LIKE IT?

We have a Wilkie 520, It is very reliable, for a small crane it is as good as the skyhooks I used to work with, having to work the load line to telescope in and out while on service calls is a slight inconvenience, but over all you can't beat them, hell for most repairs you can get the parts at any auto parts store........

SHAME.....SHAME...BAD IMAGE....!...

It is people like these that give our whole industry a BAD RAP, Especially Neon!! At night you can see that they did not use 2161 transformers....Not is there going to be a Fire, But when will it Happen??? They should be found and run outta town..Tared & Feathered........

MID POINT WIRING

I believe the original post was referring to 'mid-point return', where the mid point of a well-balanced tube set is returned to the transformer ground lug. This requires a transformer which has two sets of secondary magnetic winding shunts (such that each half of the transformer secondary is independent of the other.) This method has fallen out of favor because (1) other than boarder tube, well balanced tube sets are few and far between, (2) secondary ground.....

CITGO SIGN IN KENMORE SQUARE LED REPLACED AFTER 5 YEARS AFTER THE LEDS FAIL

Red and Amber LEDs should hold up for a really long time and 100,000 hours is achievable. The problem is the circuit design, drive current, how waterproof is it considering the application, and is the LED chosen a suitable part for the application. It sounds like on more than one front, they built a system that wouldn't hold up.......

NEW BOARD VENDORS PRODUCTS & SPECIALS

MET Labs UL48 Programe

- An alternative to UL

LETRO-LED Light Bars and Modules now Available in 2800K White

- New Product From Eurocom

http://www.thesignsyndicate.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4029

INSIDE SIGN DESIGN

- A new industry setting design book that I dare you to find an equal

http://www.thesignsyndicate.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4005

PLASCO Trim Cap Special

- Remember this stuff??? Introductory Special Offer!!!

http://www.thesignsyndicate.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3904

NEW MONTHLY LIGHT PROJECT TESTING RESULTS