ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Happy B-day Garett

Have a great birthday weekend Garett :birthday:

ps. I have to give you props for your hf induction heater. I made 25mm crackle neon lamps for Disney today with 250mA electrodes on them with no problem . Although making crackle lamps is still very time consuming there is no way I could have done it with 250's on them before. I put oversized electrodes on all my small diameter units now too.

Thanks again

Randy

• Board Patron

happy birthday Garett, sorry to be off topic, but what are crakle lamps?

63 foot Elliott v60

50 foot 8 ton crane/auger

Skid steer with forks and dirt bucket

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• Board Patron

Happy birthday Garett, sorry to be off topic, what are crackle lamps

63 foot Elliott v60

50 foot 8 ton crane/auger

Skid steer with forks and dirt bucket

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

Happy birthday Garett, sorry to be off topic, what are crackle lamps

Crackle tubes are special effect lamps that have a lightning like discharge. These tubes are generally filled with cut glass or glass beads and the gas fill pressures are much higher than standard neon lamps. The tubing and fill media require alot of prep work and cleaning before the lamps can be made. This type of lamp cannot be "bombarded" (passing electric current through the tube to heat the glass and electrodes)so an oven is required to bring the glass to temp and the electrodes can be processed with the use of Garett's(Fluxeon) induction heater. Great tool to have in a neon shop for sure.

crackle tube 2.htm

That link doesn't seem to work for me but here's another example on youtube

That's great Randy. I almost had Garett make me some for three sets of open face channel letters. Unfortunately, the effect proposal went from crackle tubes, to jelly beads, to a dimmer only.

There's a nice set of crackle tube channel letters here in Little Italy that Al Skalar did, very nice and obviously eye catching. Don't know how it was pulled off with no animation for outdoor signs, but it's there.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill