ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

S&DG, SBI, & SOT for April 2011

Erik Sine

All is safe from "Signs Fiction", uh, I mean Signs of The Times

SBI posses some ridiculously over exaggerated, and an over exposed shot of the Sloan v series LEDs used in the "Anacapa Animal Hospital" sign. Ventura is not even that far from me, I'm temped to take a drive out one night with my Canon SLR :P

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/sb/sbi0411/index.php#/0

SIGNS & DIGITAL GRAPHICS

There is a small fluff piece with a hint of obligation "LED Technology: Getting the Heat Out" to introduce Sloan LEDs new module, think of it as Free imagery. The article is doing the public service while advertising. It's in the positive though, no mention of blasting other light sources.

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/49aa0963#/49aa0963/75

LED Into the Light

Designing backlit and edge lit signs

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/49aa0963#/49aa0963/79

I have to give Mardeen credit, or the Sr Editor Ken for "editing". Mardeen just leaned on over and grabbed that big shifter and yanked it! Going from Drive to Reverse with a screeching halt (July - Signs & Digital Graphics 2009), ejecting the "Fraggle" out the front seat, through the front windshield, and onto the hot pavement. And going in reverse without even stopping to pick the Fraggle back up.

post-3-0-53226700-1301609498.jpg

This month it was Sloan who got to cash in on a "Buy one, get one free" with Signs & Digital Graphics in articles where they got to show off their new LEDs, not once, but twice! It is a another fluff piece to be certain, but they get an "B-" grade for doing it while NOT trashing Fluorescent or CCFL lamps. We also don't see or get the drift of "YOU TOO, CAN DO THIS", at least licensing and permitting is brought up too.

The funny kicker is, and I even laughed out loud (LOL) when I read

"Manufacturers and suppliers come and go, and there is a lot of competition in the market, with the lowest prices and lowest quality coming from China. LED manufactured in Korea, Japan and the U.S. tend to offer more dependable quality and customer service, so be careful

to check out the source thoroughly."

:laughing1: Makes me wonder if any part of that paragraph came from Sloan, and if it may have been any kind of a shot over the bow aimed at Gl*COUGH*antz, whoops, excuse me! :P

It's not the best in journalism this month, but it's nice to see the truck drive in a different direction this month for Signs and Digital Graphics. The truck was reversed, and it started to go, lets hope it continues, with momentum! :beerchug:

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• !llumenati

Hey - off topic but you mentioned Ventura. Stop by Ventura Harbor, at the Bayside Broiler. Say "hi" to Steve, the owner. Tell him you need a sample of his "tri-tips" or his Alaskan halibut fish and chips! Nice guy. Tell him I sent you and that you should take care of his neon sign for him.

gn