ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Sorry Bout That...

I'm waiting for Jesse Jackson to fly down there with big yellow boots and talk about how Americans did this to themselves and were to blame for starting Global Warming :spam:

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

That's really sick humor considering the current situation there. Sorry, but you are out of bounds on that one IMO :nonono2:

I'm sorry, I didn't think it was that bad. I'll remove my post and ask that WSG remove the entire thread.

Again, I appoligise...

I'm sorry, I didn't think it was that bad.  I'll remove my post and ask that WSG remove the entire thread.

Again, I appoligise...

:beer:

I may be a bit more touchy than some. My wife and I have a niece who is married and has a baby living in New Orleans. No one has heard from them. Most communications being out doesn't help either. So we wait...

I just got done looking at a series of pics from mississippi and louisiana. Devestation! Plus the thought that the toll is worse than originally thought.

I have a couple friends that got out a few days before sh*t hit the fan. I can only imagine about those still their or those with family and friends still their.

TEastin

At first I was getting sick and tired of the news being all about the Hurricane but after everything that is going on with the dead bodies, looting, and violence. It's really turned into something I've never seen before :blink: and now with the water level getting higher.... :o It has to be so gross walking thru that water. I hope as many people can get out of there safely

Didn't you know WC? It's Americas duty to give money and aid to other countries and every other countries duty to say "bite me" to America. (With a few exceptions... very few)

Just like Police there hated until their needed I guess.

It's amazing how this country really comes together to donate and help out.

I'm Proud to be an American :wootsmiley: :beer: :smile011:

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Not that we need it and we are very self sustainable but where's the offers from foreign aid?

Foreign aid I wouldn't expect. A little simpathy would've been nice. Instead the Germans are blaming the hurricane on Global Warming, which, of course, is America's fault. Lots of people in Arab countries are probably out in the streets reliving the euphoria they felt after 9/11. Even one of the Kennedy's is blaming the governor of Mississippi for his role in the US veto of the Kyoto treaty. Now, there's a man who should be run out of town.

It would sure be awfully tempting, the next time there is a catastrophic event in another country, to just shoot them the bird. But, you know we won't. As a nation, we're just not like that.

You're right, Sign Guy, I too am proud to be an American. :usaflag:

You're a gem, Sign Guy. And Marines on Mt. Suribachi, to boot.

Edited by joemomma

joemomma

I do it in the transformer box.

1946-2008

It was something that I realized but never really put thought to. But it was mentioned several times after 9/11. That the USofA comes to aid for most every devestating event that may happen throughtout the world. Whether the nation is a friend or foe. At the same time most every nation, friend or foe, leaves us to fend for ourselves.

The world simply refuses to believe that the mighty USofA wants everyone to live life free and happy. The one sure fire way to live free and happy is to be a family and to help others as they need.

Bless all that give donations for aid, the red cross, coast guard, neighbors, friends, etc. :headbang:

TEastin

Canadians are very concerned with the devistation. Yesterday a 40 man

emergency response team left from Vancouver,search dogs, engineers,

doctors, etc. The Canadian army have offered our "DART" teams, who's

specialty is large, mobile water purification plants,!000's of liters/hour. (deploys in 48 Hrs. ) .The Canadian government has already pledged 2 million dollars,( with more to follow I'm sure).Canadian Red Cross and other agencys are sending blankets, clothing etc...........

Canada has always responded when America has been hurt.

We,ve been friends and neighbours for hunderds of years........

Canada has always responded when America has been hurt.

We,ve been friends and neighbours for hunderds of years........

During Vietnam, I spent a few weeks at nuke school in Washington State. We went to Vancouver on the weekends. At the bars we had lively discussions with our brothers to the north concerning the Nam. We always left those bars on good terms, and as I recall, with as much money in our pockets as when we got there.

Later, during the hostage crisis in Iran, it was the Canadian Embassy personnel who secreted a good number (I think 15-20) of American personnel out of the country, which, I'm sure, could've meant the loss of life for the Canadians.

I'll always remember these 2 episodes, especially since recently the politicos of the 2 countries have not exactly been on the best of terms. To me, Dwight, you'll always be my brother to the North. :beer:

And, hey, who was it that gave us SCTV, EH?

joemomma

I do it in the transformer box.

1946-2008

Dwight....It only took you a little over 2 and a half months to finally check in :P To be quite honest I never think of Canada as a seperate country or as a foreign place :wiggle: I don't know why.....Maybe it's just me :D

Our independance as a nation is as important to us as it is to Americans.

It's hard not to feel a little insignificant living along your northern border.

Stuff like your government's stance on softwood lumber,and cattle ,etc.

really hammer our much smaller economy.

That being said,your our friends, and always will be.

Ask any American that was stuck in Canada when the planes were grounded on 9/11, how they were treated up here!

We do have differences of opinion over the Iraq situation, but we're

shoulder to shoulder with you in Afganistan,(which is where this hole thing really started anyway).

Come on up for a visit, you'll love it ( and we need those US dollars):)

Dwight