ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Possible Associate

Erik Sine

If anyone is interested in the San Diego Area I have a small sign business that I have had since 1993. I was once very aggressive and motivated with a couple of employees. Since then I have down sized to my garage so that I can be closer to home with my kids. I've kept it pretty small and was very selective on what jobs I would take. Now that my youngest is getting to the age where he will be in Pre-School again I'm getting that old motivation again where I don't feel so restricted. I just bought a 4'x8' CNC Router table & huge Panel Saw. I have a 24" ColorCam that I bought and never used (It's collecting dust) mostly because at the time I bought it I was concentrating on Electric Signs, 40' Boom Truck which is also collecting dust and rust. I carry a C45 Electric Sign License, The youngest in the state of California to get one.

I mostly did Electric Signs and Neon but since obtaining a CNC I've been more motivated towards non-illuminated signs as the profits are more lean and less hassle. I have the highest skilled sheet metal guy in San Diego fabricating my metal & one of the greatest glass blowers with a state of the art neon plant. With that I have had the greatest confidence in what ever I was selling knowing it's quality is unbeaten. My work to this day has mostly been all repeat service and word of mouth. I hardly ever, ever, ever repair my own electric signs. My signs don't go out. I like to do it right & right the first time, using he highest quality components.

So i'm looking for someone who is highly motivated and very well rounded in the business & fabrication aspect of the Sign Trade. Honest and with integrity. One who is probably tired of working for someone else and seeing all those signed contracts and never getting a part of it. I'm not really looking for an employee but more of an associate and partner.

I'm a content sleeper right now.

PM me or email me a resume at erik@thesignsyndicate.com

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• 6 months later...

That's funny, your story sounds like mine.

If I was in Sand Diego I would jump on the opportunity.

We would be a full service sign company, Electrical, Dimensional,

Banners, Fleet Graphics, Digital, and all that jazz!

We would make a few million then,

take over the world!

• 11 months later...

Are you still looking for someone? If so, I would like to speak with you sometime. I've got something in the works right now but, if the right opportunity comes along I would be interested. Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Too bad your not in SAC... or the other way around! If I had my c-45 I could make bank just doing take downs! the sign biz. is crazy busy here but their is no good help!

I think I've had a couple of corresponding emails to various people and 1 face to face meeting, and 3 phone calls. 80% of the people expected me to fund them while they get on their feet :stinker: Don't people save money in their piggy bank or is eveyone like me?

I didn't know I was running a board house and work furlow program :crazy:

The options still open, I'd just like to meet up with someone who has some basic equipment or some know how. I'm busy right now, enough work for myself but if anyone wanted to quit what their doing now or look to expand I'm here. I'm looking for someone really motivated and love for the industry.

Damn, I really wish I could use this damn CNC more often than I am. I really want to get into more commercial and dimensional signs. Instead of these Booooring electric signs :crazy:

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

If I had a CNC at my house I would be cranking out stuff all night and day. I'd be making shit for my house..remote control holder for the couch, BBQ utensil holder, etc... :drool:

-Marek

If I had a CNC at my house I would be cranking out stuff all night and day. I'd be making shit for my house..remote control holder for the couch, BBQ utensil holder, etc... :drool:

-Marek

lol, I know so what the hell is my problem?

I'm acutally getting ready to make a bench, bed frames for the kids, frames & Holiday projects for both kids for their schools.

:beerchug:

San Diego would be a dream place to live - even looked into back in 2000 before I got the gig in the Caymans. I'm not what you'd call a winter guy.

If I didn't have this YYZ thing going here in Toronto, I'd be all over this arrangement... assuming you have a cousin for me to marry to make it all legal like.

Does KGirl have a sister? :sml (26):

Edited by YYZ

Haha, no just 6 brothers :crazy: , but some good looking friends :sml (26):

I don't think I can do to well in winter wonderland either. In the words of Buggs Bunny "It's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't wanna live there".

I need the :beach::sprt (41): close by to keep my sanity in an insane world.

• 4 weeks later...
aye, still open.

:thumbs: That's funny.... Welcome to San Diego, Enjoy your Visit, Then Leave.... I followed the directions on the sign.... Stayed 13 years, playing squid for the first 9 then retired. As the snow is getting ready to fly here, I wonder what I am doing in PA.....

Yes, K-Girl does have some cute friends.

post-784-1162148685.jpg

The Laser Shop and Wood Shop last winter in PA, sure do miss San Diego.... Interesting offer but I don't have the skills yet.

Signed up on this board as I liked what you had to say on the ShopBot board. Looking to buy a ShopBot next year, till then, learn what I can from experts like you.

AL

Signed up on this board as I liked what you had to say on the ShopBot board. Looking to buy a ShopBot next year, till then, learn what I can from experts like you.

AL

:headbang: magestic view!

What kind are you gonna get?

... As the snow is getting ready to fly here, I wonder what I am doing in PA.....

post-784-1162148685.jpg

LMAO! :laughing1: That picture reminds me of one I took the last time I was home to Jamestown, NY a few years ago. I took a picture of our red Chevy Tahoe parked outside our hotel right after a heavy snow. A year later I mentioned to my wife how much the picture had faded and there was hardly any color left in the picture - only to realize that it wasn't faded at all: That's just how gloomy and gray it was in full living color! So much so that you could barely tell the color of the Tahoe!

Btw - Welcome to the site! :thumbs:

Thank You for the welcome to the board and your reply's.

As for what bot to get, most likely a 48 x 96. As from there.... since I am a Mr. Fix it when it comes to control panels and motors, I might look for a used unit in the North East. Then again I see the virtues of getting a new machine too. I like a 2 Z machines for flexibility. I played technician when I was a Squid for 20 years fixing Radars, Weapons Computers and a bunch of stuff like that. At Sony I fixed everything from Fanuc robots, conveyors, elevators, power supplies and Omron Program Logic Controllers at the San Diego Picture Tube plant. When I transferred to the Philly Service Center I did board level repairs on PlayStations and DVD's and stuff like that. The 17 inch CRT stuff I worked on in San Diego is now gone and the Philly Service Center is now closed. Cheaper to buy a replacement DVD then pay to get it fixed. Enough of that....

I have 3 operational 1st generation (13 years old) Laser Engravers and parts of 4 more.... for the Laser Engraving side of the Business. For the Sublimation side or color picture on a T-Shirt part of the business, I went with the latest Epson R1800 8 color bag bulk ink system and a 20 inch heat press. It just made sense to buy the latest as the ink is way too expensive in 3 color cartridges especially when one of three colors is empty and you must ditch the whole thing. I am still in start up, working on the Laser Exhaust System today.

That's why I am here to learn.... Micro Stepper Bots make sense to me for more power and resolution. That's my story and I am sticking to it.....

As for the Snow.... We have a Christmas Tree Farm so Winter is FUN.... Cute Chicks and kids in Snow Suits getting all excited about a Christmas Tree...

AL

As for the Snow.... We have a Christmas Tree Farm so Winter is FUN.... Cute Chicks and kids in Snow Suits getting all excited about a Christmas Tree...

AL

Well, not to be a snob or rude, but we have Christmas Tree farms in South Carolina too. No Blue Spruce, but Christmas Tree farms none the less. The other difference is the "cute chicks" often have less cloths on around here during the Christmas Season. Strolling the malls "in season" can be rewarding by offering some nice eye candy :drool:

Let's see..... Nicer Weather, Nicer Trees, Nicer "Eye Candy"in SC. That's why I enjoyed 4 of them squid years in Norfolk, VA.... Nicer Weather, Nicer Trees, Nicer "Eye Candy".....

I know 3 families from PA that have relocated to SC.... Must be something great about it.

I shure have taken this OFF TOPIC.... from employment to..... weather????.