ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

EGL and LED - WOW

• Board Patron

Too early to tell>>>>>>>saw them at ISA and they look bright, will be interesting to see how they do in the testing here on this site. Speaking of which>>>>>>>>will they or are they already in for this months report?

Guest Signtiffic

I think that's pretty cool. Deffinately going to take some time to evaluate the performance and life of it, but it's deffinately a sign of coming changes throughout our industry.

I love neon...really do. My choice to prefer LED for most applications is the time to fabricate and ease of service. Glad to see EGL adapting to the inherent truths.

Edited by Signtiffic

It's a big step for them to have made (finally!), so putting out a good product was critical, even in a saturated marketplace. Having seen these first hand at the show - even being a competitor - I can vouch that EGL has not taken a shortcut here and is putting out a good product they can stand behind. They are constant current, so no issues with variances in voltage and based around quality Nichia LEDs.

Is it safe to assume we won't see any more of those "neon vs LED" flyers that EGL has put out in the past, or will they switch to EGL LED vs cheap LEDs flyers? ;)

Guest Signtiffic

Is it safe to assume we won't see any more of those "neon vs LED" flyers that EGL has put out in the past, or will they switch to EGL LED vs cheap LEDs flyers? ;)

AMEN

And that puts both Neon & LED in the proper context and application. Hopefully joining the few other LED companies that don't market to the Environmental & Product Safety movement/fringe just to sell :P

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• !llumenati

Maybe Sean can weight in here???

Would be glad to. First I want to start off by anyone who knows me knows I am neon through and through.

Rite now I have a lot of catch up work to do but will post later today.

GOOD things happen for a reason......

Did anyone see the new Aqua-LED modules at the Transco booth. They had three whites 4500K, 5800K, 7000K. very bright

Regards,

Armorled

We have those in our test too......

My question is ... How do you successfully bring a product to market that is in direct competition with yourself ? Seems to me that in order to make a strong pitch for either product the other will suffer. JMO. :scratchhead:

• !llumenati

Maybe Sean can weight in here???

Yeah, as you might have guessed we’ve been following the LED product market for a long, long time now, and we think most of the systems out there still leave a lot to be desired (that’s putting it mildly in some cases). Except for red LEDs, it’s only relatively recently that the technology has come near to approaching the hype, half-truths and other marketing BS we’ve put up with in recent years – and that’s only true if you use the best LEDs in well designed systems that run them well below their upper specification limits, even at elevated temperatures. We think we’ve done that.

We will continue to promote NEON, and always working on new colors and equipment for the trade but there are some situations where it is not suited as you all know. There are also many other lighting applications outside of the sign industry that NEON and LED can be used individually and together. Now we think you can get the best of both worlds from the same manufacturer.

If you have any questions please call or email.

GOOD things happen for a reason......

Received some for testing, just waiting on the owners/decision makers to join up as a board vendor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

we're waiting for our pool guy to come out with his own led's too, haha

LOL Hey why not everyone else is doing it. I'm sure his will be the cheapest,brightest and longest lasting too. 400,000 hrs + :P

we're waiting for our pool guy to come out with his own led's too, haha

LOL Hey why not everyone else is doing it. I'm sure his will be the cheapest,brightest and longest lasting too. 400,000 hrs + :P

...and waterproof to boot!!! :laughing1:

• !llumenati

Everyone pokes fun at the strangest things. EGL has stood behind the neon industry for years, and still does so. Who do you think led the charge about the merc issues that popped up in the northeast states? ISA - I doubt it. EGL led the charge to get those rules changed. The industry is changing - and so does their business model. It does not mean that they are walking away from the industry - just that they are changing to better serve the industry. Folks laugh about leds used in the water? Think again, lots of lights have been used the in the water - but they were desgined to work under water. Master Technology, for years, had booths at shows showing his products, with neon, in a fish tank. Complete with fish. He had no problem offering to led neon scholars stick their hands in the water - those that thought neon wouldn't work under water. If folks would stop laughing at the changes in the industry - many are good, some are not so good. Instead we bash the shit out of companies that have proven their worth to the industry. If the industry would take a bit closer look at the industry itself - and I'm including the unions in that - they would see that the industry "caused" alot of these changes themselves due to crap work, crap installs, crap training, and the inability to sell quality signs for a decent dollar.

And I laugh at some that poke fun at the lifespan of leds - the same ones that point out here on the board "that after 11 years they are finally at the point of redoing the neon" in a sign?? 11 years? For neon - that's laughable. We have folks here that insist on cranking 60ma thru 10mil and 12mil tubes, with 12mil/30ma trodes on it - and then wonder why the darn things fry. And this is the industry that pokes fun at leds? Or those mfg's that do both ?

gn

Edited by Gary Nutting