ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

EGL and LED - WOW

What's sad are the individuals who coin the new product from EGL as "Predictable". If everything was to remain "predictable" we'd still be digging holes to take a dump. EGL has a good reputation, look at Ventex, I think their one of the better systems out there. These companies aren't going to come into this industry half cocked. But as Gary stated, EGL has been one of the neon industries best allies. I don't think much will change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Everyone pokes fun at the strangest things. EGL has stood behind the neon industry for years, and still does so. Who do you think led the charge about the merc issues that popped up in the northeast states? ISA - I doubt it. EGL led the charge to get those rules changed. The industry is changing - and so does their business model. It does not mean that they are walking away from the industry - just that they are changing to better serve the industry. Folks laugh about leds used in the water? Think again, lots of lights have been used the in the water - but they were desgined to work under water. Master Technology, for years, had booths at shows showing his products, with neon, in a fish tank. Complete with fish. He had no problem offering to led neon scholars stick their hands in the water - those that thought neon wouldn't work under water. If folks would stop laughing at the changes in the industry - many are good, some are not so good. Instead we bash the shit out of companies that have proven their worth to the industry. If the industry would take a bit closer look at the industry itself - and I'm including the unions in that - they would see that the industry "caused" alot of these changes themselves due to crap work, crap installs, crap training, and the inability to sell quality signs for a decent dollar.

And I laugh at some that poke fun at the lifespan of leds - the same ones that point out here on the board "that after 11 years they are finally at the point of redoing the neon" in a sign?? 11 years? For neon - that's laughable. We have folks here that insist on cranking 60ma thru 10mil and 12mil tubes, with 12mil/30ma trodes on it - and then wonder why the darn things fry. And this is the industry that pokes fun at leds? Or those mfg's that do both ?

gn

No one bashing EGL here. Just an observation of the state of the LED market today. Everyone seems to want in on the action,and many find it necessary to make absurd claims or use "green" propaganda to stand out from the rest. EGL was not mentioned at all in these comments. I have alot of respect for the folks at EGL.

Trust me Gary the LED folks don't need your defense they're doing just fine on their own.

As for the crap neon work. Those of us that choose to produce only high quality neon and cathode lamps have definitely been hurt by the low quality shit that many in the industry produce. Not much we can do about the bargain shoppers looking to save a buck or the sign hacks that do not know how or just don't care how it's installed as long as it lights and they get paid.

The LED industry is quickly finding the same issues happening within their ranks as well with new lines of shitty product hitting the market every week.

MY ONLY REASON for participating in this forum is to try to help the neon and cathode industry get a fair shake. Pick up any one of the Sign industry advertising rags and you will see who is mischaracterizing who.

• !llumenati

I understand - and obviously you don't know me. I don't know you either - but would bet that I did neon for a longer time period and would still be doing it except for those f'ing doctors.

And note, I wasn't defending those led folks - they defend themselves just as fast as they step on their proverbial "dicks". And they do that just fine. I was defending EGL - and this topic is "EGL"

• !llumenati

I understand - and obviously you don't know me. I don't know you either - but would bet that I did neon for a longer time period and would still be doing it except for those f'ing doctors.

And note, I wasn't defending those led folks - they defend themselves just as fast as they step on their proverbial "dicks". And they do that just fine. I was defending EGL - and this topic is "EGL"

I know both of ya and your both Top shelf and beyond, Gary is a world of knowledge, wish I would have met ya while you were bending in Az. and Randy you are a hell of a craftsman (if anyone has glass that needs to be made give him a shout you will not be disappointed.)

The nice thing about this site is everyone gets along (with a few jabs) which is fun once in a while.

Erik does have our moduals for the test. I really cant talk about them on here yet but if you have questions give me a call or shoot me a mail. One thing I can say is that we are not in a race to the bottom with price or quality. It took close to 5 years to do these and they are not "private labeled".

Dave (mr green) You will see the results.

well, Gotta go bend some glass. A quality made tube will outlive anyone reading this post, a hack will only give a black eye for everyone else.

GOOD things happen for a reason......

• Board Patron

I know both of ya and your both Top shelf and beyond, Gary is a world of knowledge, wish I would have met ya while you were bending in Az. and Randy you are a hell of a craftsman (if anyone has glass that needs to be made give him a shout you will not be disappointed.)

The nice thing about this site is everyone gets along (with a few jabs) which is fun once in a while.

Erik does have our moduals for the test. I really cant talk about them on here yet but if you have questions give me a call or shoot me a mail. One thing I can say is that we are not in a race to the bottom with price or quality. It took close to 5 years to do these and they are not "private labeled".

Dave (mr green) You will see the results.

well, Gotta go bend some glass. A quality made tube will outlive anyone reading this post, a hack will only give a black eye for everyone else.

Looking forward to seeing the results >>>>>>don't mistake my posts about your leds as skepticism. Fact is, I'm very optimistic>>>>>just don't want to see your company skirt away like a few do from this site. Matter of fact, I'm surprised why this site is not supported enough by more manufacturers>>>>>>this site does a whole hell of a lot more for the sign world than our glorious sign magazines, why drop coin and buy dinner for a whore when you have a good girl right here>>>>>>a shame. Lastly, I'm not >>>>>>David Green