ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

CCFL'S visual impact is stunning

Below are some pictures of a lighting project we just did for a Convention center expansion in Orlando using 22,000' of tc 3000 white cold cathode lamps.

This system manufactured and installed was about 1/2 the cost of the LED system products alone without installation being included.

We are starting another large lighting project next month for one of the theme park resorts that have tried the LED linear lighting products and have been very disappointed with their performance.

For high color rendering of a wide palette of colors CCFL's can't be beat.

For info: contact southatlantic1@bellsouth.net

post-3343-0-69526700-1306862403.jpg

post-3343-0-20348400-1306862437.jpg

post-3343-0-94000000-1306862475.jpg

post-3343-0-49565300-1306862645.jpg

post-3343-0-83513600-1306863237.jpg

post-3343-0-76642800-1306863321.jpg

• !llumenati

Nice!! - what type of power supplies did you use? And if you have any pics of the service/power supply end I'd love to see it. Assume you used G2 housings? Or whatever their new name is. Mag or electorinic power supplies? How did you run the leads back to the power supplies - and where did you put them? Controlled by dimmers? And out of curiousity - what brand of glass and color did you use. I see downlights in one of the pics that is not apparatently cold cathode? If so - was the neon color matched to them - it appears the same color?

Sorry - last question - what size glass you use?

Edited by Gary Nutting

Nice!! - what type of power supplies did you use? And if you have any pics of the service/power supply end I'd love to see it. Assume you used G2 housings? Or whatever their new name is. Mag or electorinic power supplies? How did you run the leads back to the power supplies - and where did you put them? Controlled by dimmers? And out of curiousity - what brand of glass and color did you use. I see downlights in one of the pics that is not apparatently cold cathode? If so - was the neon color matched to them - it appears the same color?

Thanks Gary,

The lighting designer specifications(not sure why these guys get to call out specs)was a 2 lamp system using 990v 200mA magnetic ballasts.

We used custom designed ceramic sockets and 100% of the system is dimmable. We used EGL glass 98% of the job was 25mm the other was 15mm where tight spaces were an issue.

• !llumenati

Nice pictures. What a nice saturated halo. CL 28 is a beautiful color for that application.

South Atlantic + Cold Cathode = perfection.

GOOD things happen for a reason......

• !llumenati

Thanks Gary,

The lighting designer specifications(not sure why these guys get to call out specs)was a 2 lamp system using 990v 200mA magnetic ballasts.

We used custom designed ceramic sockets and 100% of the system is dimmable. We used EGL glass 98% of the job was 25mm the other was 15mm where tight spaces were an issue.

Sweet - sure cuts down on HV runs! 25mm cuts out ALOT of tube benders. It would be cute and fun to see some of that work done by others!

Great promo for quality glass work.

gn

BEAUTIFUL, does not say it enough. Nice job Randy and thanks for sharing! BTW, did "Roy" help you with this? :P

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

BEAUTIFUL, does not say it enough. Nice job Randy and thanks for sharing! BTW, did "Roy" help you with this? :P

"Roy" ? What's that ?

Garett's new Heat Inductor "Roy".

LOL. yeah Roy was a big help :P

Speaking of Garett , haven't heard from him in a while or seen him chiming in . Is he on an extended vacation ?

Probably too busy inventing cool stuff in his lab . :scratchhead:

Garett's new Heat Inductor "Roy".

LOL. yeah Roy was a big help :P

Speaking of Garett , haven't heard from him in a while or seen him chiming in . Is he on an extended vacation ?

Yeah, it heats up those trodes unbelievable fast.

Garett's always on vacation!

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• !llumenati

OK Guys, yes I'm busy and I don't catch everything...! (but should have...)

I have been working on the imminent release of the "Roy 1500", the first major product offering from Fluxeon.

What 'saneon' is using is a variation called the 'Neon Roy'. This version is different than the multi-purpose Roy 1500--it's designed to do just one thing--convert neon and cold cathode electrodes. The output head is in the form of a pistol-grip wand, and contains the resonating electronics and the ferrite concentrator. The electronics cause very large currents to flow into the ferrite, which has a gap that the electrode fills. by filling the gap, the magnetic path is completed. but unlike the ferrite material, the iron suffers huge losses, and hence, heats up.

Takes about 5 seconds to heat up any electrode, even the 250mA big boys!

Our web site has finally been upgraded--there is more information there on the Neon Roy and our other products, along with contact information.

http://www.fluxeon.com

Garett

Sincerely,

Garett Churchill

Fluxeon, Inc.

USA

2 thumbs up on the "ROY" Garett :thumbs: :thumbs:

I highly recommend it to any neon/cathode shops that are serious about improving the quality of the lamps they produce.

I put over sized electrodes on almost every unit we make now especially the smaller diameter lamps.

• !llumenati

OK Guys, yes I'm busy and I don't catch everything...! (but should have...)

I have been working on the imminent release of the "Roy 1500", the first major product offering from Fluxeon.

What 'saneon' is using is a variation called the 'Neon Roy'. This version is different than the multi-purpose Roy 1500--it's designed to do just one thing--convert neon and cold cathode electrodes. The output head is in the form of a pistol-grip wand, and contains the resonating electronics and the ferrite concentrator. The electronics cause very large currents to flow into the ferrite, which has a gap that the electrode fills. by filling the gap, the magnetic path is completed. but unlike the ferrite material, the iron suffers huge losses, and hence, heats up.

Takes about 5 seconds to heat up any electrode, even the 250mA big boys!

Our web site has finally been upgraded--there is more information there on the Neon Roy and our other products, along with contact information.

http://www.fluxeon.com

Garett

Nice job Garett. Glad to see you have it on the market now. Would buy one in a heartbeat if I still did neon! How bout doing a video and putting it in the tutorial section?

gn

• !llumenati

Better pictures, videos are on the way--but the Tutorial is a great idea....

Thanks for the kind words, everyone--

Garett

Sincerely,

Garett Churchill

Fluxeon, Inc.

USA