ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Warning! Gouging Takes A New Face!

I can't believe it happened...

Pulled into the Kangaroo gas station because the big ole sign says 2.99 for regular gas... well, cool.... or so we think...

Put the card in, gassed up the truck.. pulled the reciept out of the pump.... 3.09 per gallon... WTF!

So I go inside, where the uneducated clerk says "Whadda ya want me to do about it?" so I ask for her manager.. no help there either.. WTF!

Hell, I know it only adds up to ... lets see.. 10 cents times 25 gallons... carry the... 2.50 but WTF! If you're going to ADVERTISE 2.99 gas, then f**kin SELL IT at 2.99!

I can't believe it happened...

Pulled into the Kangaroo gas station because the big ole sign says 2.99 for regular gas... well, cool.... or so we think...

Hey Paul, what'd the li'l ole pump say? It probably said 3.09. Calm down now. Don't get your bowels in an uproar. Breathe deep. And look at the pump next time. Prices are changing so fast right now, you can't depend on the lazy clerk to be on the ball. I mean :wtf: , man!

joemomma

I do it in the transformer box.

1946-2008

Here in Oz it is illegal to advertise and sell at different prices.

When the price increases the signage must be changed before the pumps and when the price decreases the pumps are changed before the signs.

This way the actual price you pay for fuel is always the lower.

Currently paying AUD$1.38 / litr

Best

Lance

:smile011:

Here in Oz it is illegal to advertise and sell at different prices.

When the price increases the signage must be changed before the pumps and when the price decreases the pumps are changed before the signs.

This way the actual price you pay for fuel is always the lower.

Currently paying AUD$1.38 / litr

Best

Lance

:smile011:

I believe it's that way everywhere. They are *supposed* to sell it for what it is advertised for on the sign. But who is going to go to court over $0.10/gal? Once the pump is set for a given price it would be a major PITA to "refund" a few cents a gallon. So unfortunately you are going to get the response VSP did. After all, if the cash register didn't tell them how much change to give back they would be lost anyway :laughing1:

I believe it's that way everywhere. They are *supposed* to sell it for what it is advertised for on the sign. But who is going to go to court over $0.10/gal? Once the pump is set for a given price it would be a major PITA to "refund" a few cents a gallon. So unfortunately you are going to get the response VSP did. After all, if the cash register didn't tell them how much change to give back they would be lost anyway :laughing1:

You know its sad but true. If a clerk cant scan it or swipe the card you will most likely have to come back later. A few weeks ago I wanted to pay for an item with my bank card. The girl swiped and swiped. After a few dozen swipes I asked if she would like me to manually enter the card #'s in for her. She thought I was being funny but I was dead serious. She finally figured it out and got her manager to finish the deal.

TEastin

After all, if the cash register didn't tell them how much change to give back they would be lost anyway :laughing1:

THAT is so true... I've been to places where they accidentaly shut the drawer before giving me my change, so they open it back up, and then they have to figure out what the change was... more than once I've had to tell THEM what change to give me.

Who can we thank for turning this country into a bunch of worthless idiots with no accountibility?

Sorry for getting so worked up but it seems every freakin day some idiot or goon is trying to screw you, or messes up everything for you cause they're an idiot or a scam artist? I'm sick to damn death of it.

Can't find a job? Bull****. I'LL give you a job. I know at least ten business owners in Raleigh who can't find someone willing to fill their empty positions.

Can't work? Bull****. Just because the welfare state says it's kosher, being 25 and nothing wrong with you but lazyness is not a valid excuse.

Ok, I'm done now.

THAT is so true... I've been to places where they accidentaly shut the drawer before giving me my change, so they open it back up, and then they have to figure out what the change was... more than once I've had to tell THEM what change to give me.

Who can we thank for turning this country into a bunch of worthless idiots with no accountibility?

Sorry for getting so worked up but it seems every freakin day some idiot or goon is trying to screw you, or messes up everything for you cause they're an idiot or a scam artist?  I'm sick to damn death of it.

Can't find a job?  Bull****. I'LL give you a job. I know at least ten business owners in Raleigh who can't find someone willing to fill their empty positions.

Can't work? Bull****.  Just because the welfare state says it's kosher, being 25 and nothing wrong with you but lazyness is not a valid excuse.

Ok, I'm done now.

LMAO! I hear every word you are saying and couldn't agree more.

I think the worst case of this "outcome based education" was one night in a grocery store. My wife and I were standing in line behind a kid we knew who was IN COLLEGE. When he went to pay for his purchase he tried counting his money but couldn't. He held out his hand full of money for the cashier to take what she needed. If it were not for us standing behind him she could have ripped him off and he would never have known the difference! Here's the good part: His mother, who we also knew, was a SCHOOL TEACHER!!!

Welcome to South Carolina, the State who is always fighting with Mississippi for last place on the education list!