ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

I-crane, icrane??? Watch yourselves

• Board Patron

Be very careful was Skylift, Sam Marcum may still be ripping you off.

63 foot Elliott v60

50 foot 8 ton crane/auger

Skid steer with forks and dirt bucket

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• !llumenati

Rocco, Whats this all about ? This is the reason that when anyone purchases equipment they need to use major names. Reliability, service and safety is what the bottom line is.

• Like 1

• Board Patron

Skylift has changed their name to "I-Crane". Buyer beware. Same garbage, different name, all please be careful. I have had calls from around the world of people looking for help on how to get their money back from Sam Marcum because they were taken for a ride like me and lost a lot more then me, like their homes and businesses. Many families destroyed financially.

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• Board Patron

Every big name company started small but this guys track record speaks for it's self. Too bad it makes you not want to try new things.

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

Sam Marcum is no longer there. The crane you are speaking of used to be no good! I know first hand because I bought the first one and I still use it every day. It is not so great and you need to have some sort of mechanical skill to fix the problems. The new owner has spared no expense in making the new crane a top quality crane! Have you even seen the new crane? After looking it over I purchased 2 of them. I've been in the industry for 26 years so I have seen and worked on every kind of crane there is. In my opinion the new I-CRANE is just as good as Elliott or Manitex and even has a few features that are nicer. The lifting capacity is less but how often do you need to crane to pick up a 6,000 pound sign? This is not the same crane that was built by skylift. Heavier tubes, bigger cylinders, 360 degree rotate, steel cat track (not plastic), very heavy duty hydraulic outriggers, paddle controls in basket, etc. at 50k less than the other guys.

This is an industry where people think that their used cranes are still worth the $165,000 they paid for them. So, get a 2007 Manitex or overpriced Elliott or buy a brand new unit from I-CRANE? I'll take the new unit on a new truck with no issues! So maybe you should take a look at the new crane before you trash talk the new owner who has other successful fabrication companies and has obviously invested a ton of money to make it a top quality crane.post-3219-0-86973100-1309955449.jpg post-3219-0-97116000-1309955343.jpg

• Board Patron

Looks nice, but they are going to have to do a ton of PR work to get over the bad reputation Sam Marcum has given them.

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

If they keep building the current crane with the improvements that have been made the reputation should turn around soon. I do agree that it will be an uphill climb.

• Board Patron

let us see a photo of engineer stamp, and not the one made on a bubble jet printer, i have a few if you need them.

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• !llumenati

I don't want to get into the politics behind the scenes. There is NO WAY that this truck has better features. In less than a minutes look, here's the problems on the outside. NO back steps, NO access to the bed from the back or sides. No access to the boom controls. You need to use a step ladder to get on the bed! NO ACCESS to the basket from anywhere! I guess the idea is to stand behind the truck without any visibility as to what your doing. Raise and lower the basket into the roadway or sidewalk........very dangerous. Get in and operate the basket. The Strobe light on the top will blind the operator as the boom goes up and down. There are only 2 small tool boxes on one side only. The hydraulic oil tank is mounted on the outside rails.less room for tool boxes. I don't understand the handle next to the controls. Is it because the rotation will put you off the bed? Maybe you saved $ 50,000, but this truck needs alot of improvements. This truck is not for me. Then there is the mechanical and operation part........another day. Bring the truck to a sign show and lets compare apples to apples. Good luck and best wishes with your two investments.

• Board Patron

Paul that's not a handle, it is so his other i-crane can pick it up when its on its side. That's the new and improved "scam marcum" gave him 2 trucks.

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

Step bumper was added to my trucks as well as relocating the hydraulic tank for more bins. As far as the basket access being dangerous are you kidding me? I hope when you are working on a sign you would have cones out or enough room to set your boom down somewhere. The strobe light will blind the operator? Really? These are the meaningless things you are bitching about? Everything you complained about is as simple as telling them where you would like everything to be located as they will put it wherever you like. That is the advantage of actually dealing with the factory and not a dealer. I'll do my best to make sure there is a crane at the next show. I can't speak for the owner but I am only 45 minutes from the Orlando show. Worst case, I'll drive it over there. And once again for all of you who are not paying attention " Sam Marcum is no longer there or has anything to do with I-CRANE!!!" as stated in my first post! Thanks for paying attention. Good Talk!

• !llumenati

Kendal, You're the one who stated that you have 26 years industry experience and this is the best truck you have seen. If one person can not get into the basket without all the extra work of placing it on the ground first, its useless. If you are dealing directly with the "factory" they should have designed the truck with better features and access. It sounds like you are defending the manufacturer. The truck is not for me and I wouldn't give it a second look. Good luck. Please send oot the corrected items in a picture if you will, thanks.

• !llumenati

Kendal, You're the one who stated that you have 26 years industry experience and this is the best truck you have seen. If one person can not get into the basket without all the extra work of placing it on the ground first, its useless. If you are dealing directly with the "factory" they should have designed the truck with better features and access. It sounds like you are defending the manufacturer. The truck is not for me and I wouldn't give it a second look. Good luck. Please send oot the corrected items in a picture if you will, thanks.

• Board Patron

He will be correcting and moving around stuff on this truck until its time to scrap it. Looks like the lifting winch is in for service from the photos, they sent me 2 before i even lift tested the cable. Do yourself a favor and check the bolts used to mount the crane to the frame, I got a call just 2 months ago from I guy in Texas that had the experience of losing the crane from the truck, lucky he was only up 15 feet, ask I-Crane about that.

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• Board Patron

on top of what paul said, the basket controls are towards the back of the basket? so you cant be holding onto a sign face or anything while you are booming up? how many lamps can you fit in that bin 15?

I'll send pics of my completed one in a week or 2. I did not say it was the best crane I have seen. What I am trying to say is that for everyday service and install it is just as capable. I personally like that it is on an F550 which makes it more versatile with less maintenance. Elliott's version of that goes 45' working height with no lifting capabilities and costs 100k. It does the same job for less with the exception of lifting 6,000 lbs. So for me this crane will do 95% of what the others will do. It is a sign crane designed for the sign industry. I believe there was a huge void in that price range. It simply cannot cost $170,000 to build an Elliott or Manitex! They are very nice but overpriced. If you can afford it then yes I recommend those too as they are great products. Those pictures were to basically show that it is not the same crane that used to be built. It was not 100% complete as far as the winch goes. The controls have been moved to the right side and changed to a paddle control. You can also relocate the controls to the front if you like it there better.Larger lamp bin will be added to mine. Forks under the bucket to hold sign faces. Remember you tell them what works best for you as they are built to your specs. Of course you could nit pick anything on any truck if it wasn't made to your liking.

• Board Patron

I dare you to lift 6000 lbs and take a picture. They will be back and forth to your place, Adams a good guy and hard worker, don't let S-crane reflect on him. Any other crane company has them ready and safe for you. I hope your getting paid for the down time, I was told I would also. This photos shows the twist with no weight on F650. There is a reason why nobody sells a F550 that lifts 6000lbs. Also let the DOT weigh your axles individually and let me know if they let you drive away after. Also read your front tire weight capacity after you weigh the front end separate, check your door sticker, and again not the bubble jet print out. Just a couple tips you may want to be aware of in your journey. Make sure you don't pay the full bill and sign off on it.

post-2899-0-65417300-1310264986.jpg

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• Board Patron

I REPEAT, DO NOT SIGN OFF OR PAY FULLY UNTIL AN OSHA CERTIFIED LIFT COMPANY BESIDES THEM AGREES TO PUT THEIR NAME ON A CERTIFICATE TODAY, NOT NEXT YEAR.

OH YA GIVE ICRANE A MESSAGE FOR ME

:wave-finger:

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• !llumenati

Kendal. Just for curiousity, what is the total out the door price. With all the changes that are being made to make the truck work. Please leave out the truck chassis since it changes with different options. I'm not interested in any warrantees, it is only as good as the mfg is in business.

We are all in the sign business trying to make a decent living. No one wants to lose money on anything we do. We all learn from others acheivements and mistakes. When we all show off our work, we show our best side. This finished truck is not user friendly. We all pointed out our opinions and you say you are correcting them That costs time and money. Why on earth would you or anyone else buy two of the same trucks which are "Firsts" off the line from a brand new start up company ?

These are not the first one's off the line. They are however the first ones made the way I asked them to. They are $115k each. There is no nickel and diming over the different options. They have gone out of their way to make it how I asked. They have also installed a custom hydraulic tank to go behind the bins instead of losing the bin space. They also are taking 3 of my current trucks in trade. Can't get that done anywhere else.

• Board Patron

These are not the first one's off the line. They are however the first ones made the way I asked them to. They are $115k each. There is no nickel and diming over the different options. They have gone out of their way to make it how I asked. They have also installed a custom hydraulic tank to go behind the bins instead of losing the bin space. They also are taking 3 of my current trucks in trade. Can't get that done anywhere else.

They should make it how you ask... You are paying the bill. I think what these guys are saying is you shouldn't have to tell them how to make the truck.

What about the certification?

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron

i'm still waiting to hear the excuse Sam, oops, I mean I-Crap gave him for the cert. and engineering.

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• !llumenati

The $115,000 for the entire package or $115, plus the cab and chassis. The Ford must be $40,000. That means everything else is $75,000. Is that close? I think there are better built trucks for the same price. I would like to see completion photos to see the improvements. I'm not impressed for the price, its still not user friendly.

• 4 weeks later...

I've recently purchased an I Crane unit on a 2010 F-750. I am in agreement with Kendal. This crane is fantastic and nothing close to the old skylift units being built by the infamous "Scam Marcum". This company went thru a corporate takeover, Marcum is gone and the new owner has spared no expense in revamping this unit from the ground up. They have gutted all the crap that was being used under the Marcum regime and replaced damn near everything with high quality, industry proven components. You can contact their sales group to go over all the changes but to name a few, High dollar bronze skid plates in the boom sections that you won't find on an Elliot or a Manitex makes this unit feel like its gliding effortlessly as it extends and retracts. A high tech computerized remote system that is fully integrated with the industry proven bufert system hydraulic controls. This truck can be operated at the base, in the basket or remotely.

I have owned two skylift units in the past and nobody has been taken by Marcum more than myself so I can understand Signworks anger and frustration because I've been thru it for the last 10 years and I feel your pain., but I think you are directing it towards the wrong people. These guys taking over this company has been the best thing that has ever happened to my business. I think your anger is keeping you from making a fair unbiased opinion of the new unit. It is totally unfair to judge something when you don't have first hand knowledge of it. It is really unfair to the owner who has spent a few million dollars revamping this unit and to the guys in the shop who are very proud of what they are building and rightfully should be.

Also, I wanted to touch on the topic of the bucket not being accesible in the stowed position and that you have to put it on the ground to get in it. I never understood building an elaborate scaffold over the cab that adds a couple thousand pounds to your front axle weight just to get in the bucket?. I personally like the fact of putting the bucket on the ground and getting in. its very simple and only takes seconds to do. Ive worked on a Elliott and the only time its used is when you set up for a job and when you put it away. You are not going to put your boom back in stow position everytime you need to come down.

As far as not having a ladder to get up on the bed. That is a standard feature on the new truck. However, I opted to put a heavy duty underbody bin in its place and just open it and use it as a step to get on the bed. I'm not so old and cracked up that I needed to waste valuable space for a ladder. These guys will build and customize any feature on the bed that you want so that really isn't an issue.

I'll say this to anybody who is in the market for a Sign Crane, that you really owe it to your self to consider the new I-crane. Check it out for your self and form your own opinion. Don't form your opinion of this new unit on the opinion of someone who is bitter from being burned by the industries #1 con man.

I would put this truck up against any other truck in the industry. I love it and its beautiful.