ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

I-crane, icrane??? Watch yourselves

This whole discussion is kind of filled with negativity and judgements that some folks have no right to say because they don't even know the company or people that work there. With that said I just wanted to post this for one reason and that is set record straight with first hand knowledge as I have dealt with this company. I have asked them to set record straight but they won't as they say the proof is in pudding. They know their products will speak for themselves and that the way to get good comments is to continually improve so thats what they're doing instead of defending the past. They just want to build good units. They take full responsibility of THEIR actions. I know people that have had issues with Elliott manitex versalift etc. If anybody made one truck that suited everyone then we all would have one. I posted on other thread also to the same effect. Sign works.....you had a terrible unit I saw it. No reflection on these people. You have to understand what happened....Sam got these guys swindled into a deal that left them holding the bag. Even trucks they will say they built were mearly assembled by icrane based on a design they thought was good iherited from prior company. This has only been 10 months ago. They finished many trucks that people had been ripped off on and when the truck had issues they took the heat for it, they honored warranties and fixed trucks that they didnt get paid a dime for in the first place So what would you do? Probably same thing they did...redesign the unit....build the unit, test the unit,

start establishing dealers, and get good trucks out in market. Nobody does that unless they intend on putting good trucks on market. Why would you? You would never make money putting crappy trucks on market. As far as Sam marcum he is in no shape or form involved in this business. He stole the web design started signcrane or something like that. He was originally partnered with these guys who fired him after 3 months when they knew what he had done and lied about in past. So he did own a minority stake in Icrane and you can't just fire a partner from day to day operations and take his ownership too. There's a legal process to go through to remove his ownership so again Sam is in no way involved in operation and as a matter of fact they REALLY dislike you even mentioning his name. He cost some poor souls a ton of money and cost the new owner of IC more than anyone.

Those that have had problems under the new ownership I bet they have done more than any other company would to fix a truck. They have picked up trucks on site, flown to the truck to fix it, overnighted parts at no charge, sent mechanics to truck etc.

In my opinion they have went above and beyond what they were responsible for and much farther than any other company in industry. Now they are making really good units and I'm sure they will have some issues with a new designs but they have done a ton in 7 months since Sam has been gone. Just look at their new IC-50 and then you can judge all you want. If you don't like it don't buy but don't judge these guys on past performance.

Well said! It is saying something that they have been working with people on the old cranes from the old company and eating costs not associated with them. I can't even imagine how much money they have out of pocket trying to fix Sam's old cranes even though the company changed hands and changed the name to get away from the bad reputation and legalities associated with the old company. You cannot make money fixing other people's crap!! We are all in business to make money not give it away!

• !llumenati

John...In answer to your reply...You are a salesman. You sell trucks or what ever makes you money. You don"t run a sign business. Kendel is the only person who defends I-Crane to the death. We have not heard any good from anyone else.

The International Sign Show is in Florida only a few months away. It would be greatly appreciated by all to see Kendels trucks there. It would be alot better for everyone including I-Crane to be there showing their truck and put this all to an end. Where is I-Crane in this whole picture. They have never answered anyone. Its their company and their reputation on the line. If they want to make a statement in the industry, they should be on top of this. Like John said, if you don't like it, don't buy it. Maybe in several years I-Crane can stand up to the test. They have failed so far. See you in Florida.

• !llumenati

John...Since you are now selling the I-Crane line. Here is an offer that will make you or break you. Let me have your newest and best I 50 for 4 weeks. Bring it to NY City and let me run it thru the tests. 24 Hrs 7 Days of constant work and city streets. If it holds up, I will buy it and defend it. If it doesn't, you can tow it back home.

• Board Patron

Damn!!! That is putting your money where your mouth is! Paul that is one hell of an offer. If that gets turned down you know they are not so confident in their product.

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

Damn!!! That is putting your money where your mouth is! Paul that is one hell of an offer. If that gets turned down you know they are not so confident in their product.

This would make one hell of a monthly episode of a Sign Syndicate Video Update. Not so much the test of a particuar product or crane truck manufacturer, but to see/show the everyday rigors of operating a truck like that.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• !llumenati

If that does happen I would donate a saturday or sunday and ride along, Hell free labor for the day (so long as it doesnt interfere with insurance regs or liabilities), NYC will definately put any vehicle to the test, notonly the roads put the vatiety of situations a truck has to put up with.

GOOD things happen for a reason......

Before I consider this let me understand properly because at this point it looks like I have everything to lose and all you have to do is try to tear up an expensive unit. Would you be willing to put the purchase price 130Kish $$$ in a third part escrow so that you actually pay the money and it is held if I purchase the truck from them. Secondly obviously there would have to be video cameras or something on the truck to ensure that it was used properly and not sabotoged as that is a lot of money. You do the scheduled maintenance while it is running as that is about 680 hours of run time so there will be filter changes, grease, etc.? Does this apply to only Icrane installed parts or built parts, for example if you blow the motor up, etc., etc. that doesn't seem to be fair to assess to the unit. I would entertain the thought under the right circumstances even though I do think it is juvenile and I have nothing to prove to you but hey maybe it would be good for ICrane to have the exposure. Everybody knows you can tear up any piece of equipment if you set your mind to it. Just a thought of some rules. This is a crazy discussion but it does sound like fun. Have you had a bad experience with these guys or something? Just curious why you think the unit won't hold up when used properly? I also don't know of any company that runs their equipment 24/7 but would be a hell of a test. Does anybody know if this has been done before? Also is 50 foot working height legal in NY, know the state or city has some restrictions...this would be right at 40 feet of boom stick. Don't understand why everyone wants to tear this company apart when several have never even seen the unit but whatever...have never understood that, was why I posted but I guess there's just people that don't want a company to be successful.

From a serious stand point something like this used with he proper intentions could and would be highly educational and informative. I don't think Paul has any intentions of really tearing up anyone's equipment. but if there was serious thought I'd seriously book a trip to NY and be there to film. I'd like to delve into regulation, the dos and dont's. I think something like this would be educational to sign crane users, manufacturers, and potential buyers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

I completely agree. This would be a great educational experience not to mention great test and feedback for icrane which they would welcome. At least that's how I see it.

• Board Patron

Lets start with the engineered drawings and their stamp before anybody becomes a test dumby. Also just by looking at Pauls trucks you can tell he's got pride and knows how to use them. I am replying late because we had a couple 12-14 hour days this week, in the cold. Monday was -27 degree celcuis, my 1960 Skyhook was working, just the battery slowed us down because it sat through Christmas outside for 2 weeks. It survived a 10 hour day. As for demo units, many companies have them ready for the tests of everyday use, shouldn't be a problem for i-crane to supply it. I would think a good month around right now would do it, we got some really cold days and some fair days. Just fill the unit with spy cams so the tester doesn't know where they are and let them go.

John what is your company name and website, I would like to see how much of a real company you are and how long you have been a "truck broker" and not just a used car salesman on the local corner that can't afford $8 a lamp to light up your sign?

Also, welcome because you joined yesterday. I think you picked the wrong topic to start in.

63 foot Elliott v60

50 foot 8 ton crane/auger

Skid steer with forks and dirt bucket

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• Board Patron

i would think I crane would jump in here? That really makes me wonder when they don't. We have every right to question a new companies product. Why do you think we should just take your word for it?

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

I would be happy to bring over a truck to the show. They do work every day but if it falls on a Saturday then no problem. It is only 45 minutes away. Let me know if there is anyone actually interested in looking.

Hey Kendell, why do you bother with these guys anymore? There never gonna get over the fact that they got cornholed by Sam. In three years after you and I have made a few million with our I-cranes they will still be paying $3500 a month for their elliotts and telling us how shitty are trucks are.

Id like to meet you one day. I think we got a lot in common.

• Board Patron

Stefanik how many Icrane truck do you have?

We all now know that Sam still owns part of ICrane

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron

Brian from what I understand Stefanik is on his second truck and neither one is older than my Skyhook

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• Board Patron

i think Kendall is on his second round also

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• !llumenati

Damn near the price of admission to watch Sean work!

I'm in, you can put me in a bosun chair as high as you want so long as chubs is at the controls down below.

GOOD things happen for a reason......

• Board Patron

Damn near the price of admission to watch Sean work!

I'm in, you can put me in a bosun chair as high as you want so long as chubs is at the controls down below.

Hell yea I have never got to run a new piece of equipment!!!!!

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• !llumenati

Sean - you missed the point. It wasn't how high you can get, or swinging - it was the work part !

And I'd trust Chubby at the controls also - well, might depend on whether I'm on his good side or shit side that day ?

And I'd trust Chubby at the controls also - well, might depend on whether I'm on his good side or shit side that day ?

Heh, do you remember Moonraker? And the G-Force simulator?

• Board Patron

hehehehhehe!!!! I'd take good care of ya Gary.

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• !llumenati

We have all been following this article with lots of interest. Some have learned the hard way and many of us have learned a great deal of knowledge. If you wanted to purchase a new truck, you learned what to look for and what not to look for.

I read the statement from John, the truck dealer. I replied and made a bet with him and I-Crane for a truck . He said that I-Crane had a truck at the Atlantic City Sign Show and it was well received by all. I go to that show every year and see every truck on display. I personally know many of the sellers and we go over their product. We always look to make changes that will benefit the sign industry. My first real service truck that I designed was unveiled at that show. That truck sold 17 units that weekend. I know my stuff and and the sellers know me.

Here is where the smoke and mirrors show starts. John, ( if that is really your name) you do have some of your information correct about the background of Sky ? and I-Crane and Sam. But you are not telling the truth or maybe you don't know the whole story. The guys who got the above trucks.............sorry about your loss.

IN 4 TO 6 MONTHS THE SMOKE WILL CLEAR AND AND SIGN INDUSTRY WILL HAVE A REAL PRODUCT. I WILL HAVE THAT PRODUCT and parade it around without any hesitations at all. I am finished with the I-Crane issue, better things to do then kick a dead horse.

Anyone who stil wants to come to NYC .........you are more then welcome to the big show

• Board Patron

Paul I would love some day to come up and see you operation!!! You made a hell of an offer and now the true icrane is showing it's colors. Can't wait to se the new truck of yours. We are small and can't afford those kind of trucks but love to dream! LOL

express%20neon%20sig.jpg