ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

I-crane, icrane??? Watch yourselves

Nine pages worth! That's what! Maybe we should start a new ICRANE post and talk about the crane that is being built now and not Sam's cranes or the crane you bought in the transition before there was time to make the necessary changes! Or the new crane you had put on a used truck because you didn't want to spend the money on a new one and it had some mechanical problems! Maybe??

That is a nice looking truck and if your happy thats all that matters. But a cautious word concerning the auger. The stresses that an auger puts on a boom are much more than regular operation. It will shorten the life of any sign crane by half.

All the major sign truck suppliers are making trucks that reach higher and are under CDL. We had an Izuzu that had a Baker-Achi on it that went to 85FT. Under CDL and drove like a pickup. Had the latest safety features. We sold it when we got out of installations. Great little truck. There are some pics on here someplace.

• Board Patron

That does look impressive (crane). An auger is out of the question for me. Too much rock around here. Plus I don't want to deal with hauling off the dirt. I'm not sure why everyone is trying to keep their trucks under CDL. Class A isn't that hard to get.

• Board Patron

Great for digging a hole, thats why I got rid of my skylift. couldn't make a hole big enough for it 3x6 basket is good, only if the pins hold, you will see that in the future case to be revealed. be careful with those tiny pins with all that weight I can see the wear already. BTW I like the tight basket, keeps me close with my employees. plus usually one of our guys is smart enough to do the job in the basket. this is fun, the best part is Sam only got me once, he got you guys twice. I feel 12 years old again. It is a cute piston weld (think they forgot a bushing to go around the pin) and set up, but we judge a man by his piston size around here, i feel safe with my pins and piston welds. see below. this machine is rated a lot lower than yours, the must have screwed up again. Have a good weekend and look into those bushings, i'd be concerned.

post-2899-0-41677600-1330726348.jpg

63 foot Elliott v60

50 foot 8 ton crane/auger

Skid steer with forks and dirt bucket

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• Board Patron

""Or the new crane you had put on a used truck because you didn't want to spend the money on a new one and it had some mechanical problems! Maybe??""

was this aim towards me? If so, i didn't put anything on a used truck, sam supplied new truck and new crane. BIK supplied new international with new v60.

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

That is the first thing I noticed when looking at the I-Crane. Hell I have bigger cylinder pins on my log splitter. After seeing that I couldn't go up in that basket without the vision of those things giving out in the back of my mind.

• Board Patron

those are the little things I like to look at when I spend more than $100k, (I feel my life is worth more than saving $10,000, if you are saving anything from buying i-crane, i think they are losing more in repairs and down-time than the difference from a Elliott, Manitex or anybody else that knows how to build) at least they painted it black so you cannot tell it is regular steel.

best money I ever spent for my lawyer to send it back to where it came from

wait for Kendals pic's, he wont even show where the boom meets the base. it's been 2 months since I was hoping him to post, to make my point, Thank you Stefanik, Kendal wouldn't do it

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

I would be happy to show you that section. Sorry, I've been a little busy running a company. My booms look identical Stefanik's. So what's the point? It's a pivot point with grease fittings? What the hell would you be looking for anyway? So it's not that I won't do it, it's that it is a waste of my time to show you a pivot point! It looks like everyone else's. Yes, both of them have bushings. I will post a picture if it's going to make you happy!

I would be happy to show you that section. Sorry, I've been a little busy running a company. My booms look identical Stefanik's. So what's the point? It's a pivot point with grease fittings? What the hell would you be looking for anyway? So it's not that I won't do it, it's that it is a waste of my time to show you a pivot point! It looks like everyone else's. Yes, both of them have bushings. I will post a picture if it's going to make you happy!

Here you go!!! As requested. You act like I am trying to hide something! Notice the picture using both trucks? That is called doing work! I-Cranes by the way. Does anyone have a legitimate complaint about the new cranes or are all of you upset because you got screwed by Sam? Well so did I and i still stand behind I-Crane and my 2 new trucks because they are not the same crane! You can check out the new I-Crane at the show and compare it to the pieces of junk you bought from Sam!

post-3219-0-62101300-1330800945.jpg

post-3219-0-16516100-1330800975.jpg

post-3219-0-61905400-1330800997.jpg

post-3219-0-58856500-1330801010.jpg

post-3219-0-39287900-1330801022.jpg

post-3219-0-23189900-1330801034.jpg

Edited by kendal

""Or the new crane you had put on a used truck because you didn't want to spend the money on a new one and it had some mechanical problems! Maybe??""

was this aim towards me? If so, i didn't put anything on a used truck, sam supplied new truck and new crane. BIK supplied new international with new v60.

No it was not aimed at you!

• Board Patron

I will be honest, it does look better than what they tried to sell me, it will be a pain in the ass to service the piston yourself. I would of wanted larger pins and piston after seeing what the v60 has and its load rating so low with with the larger parts.

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446