ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

I-crane, icrane??? Watch yourselves

• Board Patron

They both look like nice trucks. One thing I would like better though is a pistol grip control in the basket to allow one handed operation on multiple movements in case you have to hold on to a sign face and come down at the same time.

Edited by chubbygumby

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron

They both look like nice trucks. One thing I would like better though is a pistol grip control in the basket to allow one handed operation on multiple movements in case you have to hold on to a sign face and come down at the same time.

I dont know of any cranes that have pistol grip squirt controls. You have an 85' radocy with upper controls right? Its the same on all them. elliot. skyhook, skyhoist, manitex, i crane. Most people with decent size hands should be able to do two controls with one hand as long as they are next to each other. Sure would be great but not common. One of my favorite features on my one bucket truck

• Board Patron

I dont know of any cranes that have pistol grip squirt controls. You have an 85' radocy with upper controls right? Its the same on all them. elliot. skyhook, skyhoist, manitex, i crane. Most people with decent size hands should be able to do two controls with one hand as long as they are next to each other. Sure would be great but not common. One of my favorite features on my one bucket truck

Yep like I said would be nice, no I do not have a radocy with upper controls

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • Board Patron

I wonder how the guys that were their biggest fans are doing with theirs?

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron

what happen David?

63 foot Elliott v60

50 foot 8 ton crane/auger

Skid steer with forks and dirt bucket

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• Board Patron

post pics of what you got and problems

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• Board Patron

www.signcrane.net is this weeks new name

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

That is not the same company if that is what you are implying. Also, to answer your question on how the new cranes are, I have had no issues whatsoever. The trucks are worked every day and they are extremely efficient and easy to work out of. Jobs get done faster, 4 man basket can't be beat, jib winch, etc. The new cranes are extremely solid and over built. Instead of bad mouthing and having a bad attitude towards ICRANE why don't you actually look at the new crane? Have you done that? I would assume no! I know some of you got screwed by the old company (skylift) but I'm quite sure you weren't screwed as bad as I was. I got the first Skylift ever made if that tells you anything. And by the way, the answer is "yes" amazingly it still works, although it is a huge piece of SH--!

Would it not be fair to the new owners to actually look the crane over before you throw them under the bus? Certified welders, automotive painters, etc. The quality is every bit as good as Manitex and Elliott. I've used both of them! Why pay all the extra money when you get a great crane for the $?post-3219-0-07801100-1325173637.jpg

Edited by kendal

• Board Patron

I looked at the signcrane site it sure is the same company

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron

what is the web address for i-crane?

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• Board Patron

Well if they are using the exact same layout as ol' Sam then there is something fishy going on.

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron

I believe that before I did any business with I-Crane I would ask to see the corp . papers to see just who owns the company and who the officers are.

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

Their website is www.icranellc.com. There is nothing "Fishy" going on! The web page layout is the same because Sam made the old website when he was there. Again, wouldn't it be fair to let "ICRANE" run their business without you bringing up Sam who is no longer associated with ICRANE~!!!!! Put some time and effort into looking over the quality of what they are doing before you bad mouth a good company! For God's sake man! Get over it! SAM IS NOT ASSOCIATED WITH ICRANE!!! Did you catch that?

• Board Patron

Kendal, can you send a picture of the pin where the boom is connected to the pedestal. I am just tired of people and their lawyers asking me to come to the US and help testify against i-crane and skylifts junk. I don't mind them asking questions, I just wouldn't have time to do 3 court cases a year. I wouldn't have time to get jobs done with my old skyhook. I can't believe you are the only guy with out a problem.

Either you get paid well or you don't use the trucks for sign installs. I would love to see your service records since purchase and miles they have done going back and forth to your place. especially with 2 trucks.

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• Board Patron

Why in the world would a new company continue to use the same web site design as a the former owner with such a bad reputation? That is just stupid! I hope they build cranes better than they run their marketing program! I would think they would want to make it very clear that they have no ties to him.

Yes it does look fishy to anyone who looks at the web sites.

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

The trucks have not been to ICRANE since i purchased them.We have had them about 5-6 months and both trucks are used every day. There are no service records on the crane because the only thing we have done is wash them. We did however blow up the motor in the F550 as a bearing let go at 5,000 miles and because they were purchased through ford they rented me a manitex crane while the motor was being put in. All paid for by Ford under warranty. As soon as the trucks get back in here I will take you some photos. The cranes they are building are not what they were building. They actually have put an extreme amount of hours in redesigning the crane and leveling system etc. It is completely different. I'll post the pictures later.

• Board Patron

Seems funny now that this has been brought up the signcrane web site will not pull up. fishy!

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron

maybe they work good in floridas weather!!!, all cars/trucks are tested in california and never work good in canada. you just never know.

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• Board Patron

going to play in snow, sounds to me like a better idea that talking about sam on my holidays.

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

Hello i hate to sound like a broke record but i did buy from the new owner and the 72 ft i-crane has had issues from the start 2008 trk with a 2011 crane unit first, bobby the sales person drove the trk from Kentucky to Wis. with a dropped injector, and tried to tell me that's the way a cat engine runs, WITH A MISS not so took it to a diesel dealer, and found 2600.00 of problems of the trk alone and sure i-crane fixed them, then the hydraulic leveling system for the basket side ram on the boom pin broke 2inch pin folks , then installed a electric leveling system that went bad ,then the relief valve on the winch kept blowing out fluid then ran a hose back to return tank, then boom won't extend, and then pto won't engage so finally pulled out of service before someone gets hurt or killed and now they won't talk to us

• Board Patron

Hate to here that! But I think everybody on here figured that would happen

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• !llumenati

This whole discussion since the beginning should be very clear. It sounds like the same circus with different clowns. Maybe there is a new ring master, but its the same show. There is a very clear poor track record here. I don't understand why anyone would take a chance on buying anything from them. We are here to make money making signs, Not fixing trucks and hoping they will operate without problems.

This is why I buy from only well respected and established companies. I need to know that the company stands up to my needs. We always hear "you get what you pay for", It's very clear here.