ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Gateway Facility Solutions

• Board Patron

Hey guys,

Anybody know anything about these folks?? I got a request to remove some Blockbuster signage for them and they sent a Master Service Agreement in here that has a longer list of reasons they can get out of paying you than reasons they can. Anybody had any problems with them?? I can't find a website for them at all. They are on Manta as a "new small business". Any info would be greatly appreciated before I get in too far with this.

THANKS!

• Board Patron

I did a ton of removals last year for Anchor Sign in the Dallas metro area. We didn't come out too bad overall. I would reccomend hiring a P.T. worker for scrapping all the removed signs. I saw/got the same thing from Gateway, and passed. Being that Blockbuster is basicaly bankrupt. Enforcing a lien on a vacant lease space doesn't seem too profitable or timely in this business climate.

We did a removal from them in April and have yet to be paid. They said they were not paying due to a "compliance issue". I sent the required information to them (again) end of last month and have yet to receive a call back on when we will get paid. I would be leery of doing anything too large with them.

• Board Patron

Thanks guys!! That is what I was afraid of. In the agreement they want you to sign there are far more reasons in the list of why not to pay than there are to pay. Just wanted to run it by my SS pals - the greatest group on the net by far - to see if my gut instinct was right.

• !llumenati

If they really want the sign down tell them to pre pay and you will dispose of it.

I agree with alltex. They are already bankrupt and closed. Go straight to the realty company that owns the property and get the removal job from them. The company already gave you the adress' for the locations. It's in the landlords best intrest to get rid of the old signs and you may get the fab and install of the new tennents out of it.

Hell, contact the landlord and tell them you will remove and dispose of it for free when you put up the new tennents sign. That angle may be more pleasing for the landlord and a start of a new relationship as well.

GOOD things happen for a reason......

• Board Patron

Not that long ago we worked at about 25 Blockbuster locations around California for another national contractor. We installed the electrical circuitry for the Blu Ray machines they installed in conjunction with Sony.(See attached) It went off well and we were paid in a timely fashion by said contractor. Since this other national is most likely not involved any further, it gives me pause as to why aren't they involved. In addition, Gateway is listed as a new company with no particulars. Why not and why not an established contractor being utilized for this project??

I recently wired in some Blockbuster kiosk booths that were installed at a few Valero gas stations in my service area and now notice they have been removed. I was paid by the Valero rep but it was indicated that the Blockbuster equipment/venture was run by NCR and it seems as if it fell through.

For the record, Blockbuster is now owned by Direct TV and I wonder who would be legally responsible if one were not paid by Gateway?

Bottom line, I would be very careful if getting involved with Gateway or anyone else until I was very sure if I were going to get paid.

Dominic

post-4522-0-15028900-1310426859.jpg

"Don't be afraid to see what you see" - President Ronald Reagan

• Board Patron

If they really want the sign down tell them to pre pay and you will dispose of it.

I agree with alltex. They are already bankrupt and closed. Go straight to the realty company that owns the property and get the removal job from them. The company already gave you the adress' for the locations. It's in the landlords best intrest to get rid of the old signs and you may get the fab and install of the new tennents out of it.

Hell, contact the landlord and tell them you will remove and dispose of it for free when you put up the new tennents sign. That angle may be more pleasing for the landlord and a start of a new relationship as well.

Thanks, Sean! Had not thought of that. This was just one of those that the little voice was talking to me telling me to walk away - Glad after talking to you guys I did.

Thanks!

• Board Patron

Thanks, Sean! Had not thought of that. This was just one of those that the little voice was talking to me telling me to walk away - after talking to you guys I am sooooo glad I did. :wootsmiley:

Thanks!

• Board Patron

Don't know why that posted 2 times guys ..... Only sent it one time. Sorry about that.

Hope you all have a great day!

We did a removal from them in April and have yet to be paid. They said they were not paying due to a "compliance issue". I sent the required information to them (again) end of last month and have yet to receive a call back on when we will get paid. I would be leery of doing anything too large with them.

Get paid yet? They want me to work for them.

• Board Patron

2 things: 1 Would get paid up front from any new customer that is doing take downs from a closed or failing biz. 2nd we dont pay any employee to scrap anything. Either the guys scrap it for free and take the cash off the clock or we and many other shops by us have scrappers that come in and make it go away. One of the bigger shops the guy scraps almost full time and takes away the crate material and throw the plastic in a trailer. The lexan and plex is bring fair money right now. None of the scrapping bs has enough value fr us to pay our guys. I was quoted 72 cent per pound for painted alum scrap BTW.