ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Global Sign Restoration

• Board Patron

I looked at the web site. It does not say how the "restore Channel letter faces" my guess they are just new faces. Color fading is one thing but you cannot restore brittle faces.

Might be worthwhile in some cases though. Looks to me like "restoration" is just a new term for sign maintenance. Just a sales pitch.

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• !llumenati

I looked at the web site. It does not say how the "restore Channel letter faces" my guess they are just new faces. Color fading is one thing but you cannot restore brittle faces.

Might be worthwhile in some cases though. Looks to me like "restoration" is just a new term for sign maintenance. Just a sales pitch.

Nope not new faces. Quite clearly says that whatever they do - they don't open up your signs at all. They suggest you have them serviced, whatever, before they are restored. Something they put ON the sign.

gn

• Board Patron

Nope not new faces. Quite clearly says that whatever they do - they don't open up your signs at all. They suggest you have them serviced, whatever, before they are restored. Something they put ON the sign.

gn

Well I would certainly like to know what they put on the trim cap on faces when the "restore" them. Restoring old trim cap would seem impossible to me. If you just "restore" the faces and leave broken fragile trim cap then what is the point?

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron

Looks like they're using an electric buffer. My guess is a product like the "as seen on TV" for auto headlight lenses. Not a bad idea, if we get time. I may try it on an old sign out back. May be a way to get some work out of some old customers.

• Board Patron

In our part of the world we do a lot of channel letter replacements. I would guess that that by the time the faces are badly faded the trim has deteriorated so much that they are to bad to go back up. Maybe out west it may be different. But maybe if they are not disturbed they wont fall off for another month......

• 5 months later...

My name is Theresa and I am with Global Sign. I can answer your questions.

No, we don't replace sign faces.

No, we don't use a buffer.

No, we don't use ,'as seen on tv' headlight restoration kits. (I wouldn't recommend it either, this is a great way to piss off your customers!)

Sign restoration is ALL we do. We are not trying to 'trick' customers into maintenance - we don't do maintenance.

We have been successfully restoring signage for 20 years. There are a lot of ways to mimic our services, however the majority of these copy cats fail miserably in a matter of a few months. Notice that one of the largest sign manufacturer/mqintenance companies in the US tried for a while and closed up shop? They are no longer offering the service. Because they can't.

If you have more questions, you can call our offices and ask directly.

Www.globalsignrestoration.com

• Board Patron

What about the trim cap? What do you do in that situation?

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

https://www.globalsignrestoration.com/

Anyone ever hear of these people or seen the after life of their sign restorations?

gn

We have an account where we use a custom formulated Magenta acrylic on rather large pan channel letters. Contrary to their other acrylic product that we've used, it proved to fade significantly within 6 years when in full sun. We tried Global Sign Restoration on a trial basis and I was quite impressed with the results; the original color was brought back! We've gone on to have them "restore" multiple locations, and the cost is significantly less than replacing the faces. They claim the treatment will last 3-5 years, so that has yet to be proven in these recent applications. I'm not sure what process they use, and they're careful to keep it that way, but I suspect it's some sort of applied clear coating, kind of like waxing an oxidized paint finish. I know it works, without impairing the translucency at night. If you can extend the life of the letters for at least three years for the cost of a service call, then you look pretty good to your customer.

In our part of the world we do a lot of channel letter replacements. I would guess that that by the time the faces are badly faded the trim has deteriorated so much that they are to bad to go back up. Maybe out west it may be different. But maybe if they are not disturbed they wont fall off for another month......

We use Jewelite trim cap, which has proven to be much more durable than the other manufacturers offer. It's well worth the extra cost. Of course, there is a time when it breaks down as well, but that's usually in the sun belt states and after about 10 years at which time you can justify replacing the faces and trim cap.

Angie, did you ever try RV Wax with "Carnuba"? I had some channel letters what had red 3m film over white and it brought both back pretty good.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• Board Patron

No, I never used that - Somebody, I don't remember who, said the Carnuba would eat through the vinyl ..... So we have only tried to really low key stuff that we tested and found that it didn't hurt the vinyl, but it certainly didn't bring it back to the red they show on their website. I will give that a try though since it worked for you. The advice I got on that was on another site - Should have known to ask the folks that would know on the SS!! LOL ...... You folks are the only ones I trust anymore.