ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Another Neon Fire

I must come across an article on neon related fires a month. I'll bet that the probability of no conduit was used for the secondary is about 99.1%

http://enidnews.com/localnews/x1555803563/Fire-blamed-on-electrical-problem

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• !llumenati

I must come across an article on neon related fires a month. I'll bet that the probability of no conduit was used for the secondary is about 99.1%

Probably someone removed the letters - yet left the transf and the gto stuffed in the attic live. That'll do it. Using the building as a band practice place - doubt it had working neon signs on the wall.

gn

Speaking as a musician & Signman, bands like the ambiance of neon when playing or practicing. They may have been just smart enough to fire up (no pun intended) some random tubing, but not smart enough to realize the potenial hazzard. If the building was a total loss and only valued at 16,000.00 it must have been a real dive. I have guitars that are worth more than that.

Dave

• !llumenati

So basically it was a power supply fire. From the article info. The guy got all his stuff out and 16K in damage the building probably be a total loss, Sounds like Jewish lightning and someone wanted a new garage.

Google street veiw the adress and it looks like a cute garage. Article made it sound like a giant warehouse.

GOOD things happen for a reason......

• Board Patron

Probably someone removed the letters - yet left the transf and the gto stuffed in the attic live. That'll do it. Using the building as a band practice place - doubt it had working neon signs on the wall.

gn

We were asked to quote a sign removal several years ago for a commercial building that was being renovated.... our bid was too high so they had - someone (never found out who)take down the sign. They did exactly what you said, Gary, and caught the bldg on fire. Fortunately it was caught quickly (fire dept is only 1 minute down the road)and the damage was rapidly repaired.

• Board Patron

Neon fires have dropped dramatically in my neck of the woods since the phase-in of SGFP transformers. They don't protect all arcing of course.. but hearing about a neon fire down here is pretty rare these days. Usually involves an old installation or improper removal like Gary mentioned.