ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Complete Neon Plant FS

Mr. Neon

I have a complete DACO Pyrex manifold plus all the equipment to set up a nice neon shop. Very well maintained. It was another bender's set-up in my town that went out of business. He is asking $2,900 for the equipment listed below and I will help with shipping if not picked-up locally since he is working out of state. As for the tables, I would assume if anyone wants them they can have them but shipping may be a big pricey even broke down..Also, I believe there may be more stuff such as glass and electrodes and other sign materials...still cleaning out the shop.

Anyway, look the list over and let me know if anyone is interested.

fires/torches all complete with mixing valves and hoses

Hyde 16inch ribbon burner

12 point crossfire

splicing torch

tipping torch

air blower

burn-in transformer

3 glass files

2 flasks of neon gas

1 flask of K-4 gas

map wheel

roll of carbon paper

roll of transbestos

2 quarts block out paint

1 quart block out thinner

3 electrode holders

assorted sizes of corks

electric test coil

battery test coil

Pyrex O-ring type manifold

diffusion pump with heater

Edwards 2-stage direct drive vacuum pump

bombarder and choke

gallon of vacuum pump oil

4 neon "how to" books

4ft x 13ft two-piece bench

29in x 6ft 4-shelf neon rack

Asking $2,900 plus shipping if not picked up locally. I am in Ohio, near Akron.

• !llumenati

I have a complete DACO Pyrex manifold plus all the equipment to set up a nice neon shop. Very well maintained. It was another bender's set-up in my town that went out of business. He is asking $2,900 for the equipment listed below and I will help with shipping if not picked-up locally since he is working out of state. As for the tables, I would assume if anyone wants them they can have them but shipping may be a big pricey even broke down..Also, I believe there may be more stuff such as glass and electrodes and other sign materials...still cleaning out the shop.

Anyway, look the list over and let me know if anyone is interested.

fires/torches all complete with mixing valves and hoses

Hyde 16inch ribbon burner

12 point crossfire

splicing torch

tipping torch

air blower

burn-in transformer

3 glass files

2 flasks of neon gas

1 flask of K-4 gas

map wheel

roll of carbon paper

roll of transbestos

2 quarts block out paint

1 quart block out thinner

3 electrode holders

assorted sizes of corks

electric test coil

battery test coil

Pyrex O-ring type manifold

diffusion pump with heater

Edwards 2-stage direct drive vacuum pump

bombarder and choke

gallon of vacuum pump oil

4 neon "how to" books

4ft x 13ft two-piece bench

29in x 6ft 4-shelf neon rack

Asking $2,900 plus shipping if not picked up locally. I am in Ohio, near Akron.

What size bombarder, what type of choke, and what size/type of blower is it? A battery test coil? Wow - I have an ancient one, but don't see many of those.

gn

• Like 1

Working on the specifics. The guy I am helping sell this plant is out of town and I am trying to get the info from his wife. Should have something by the first of the week to let you know. I am going to try and get pictures as well.

Ok, here is some specifics on the neon plant.

Magnetic choke, push button

30KVA bombarder (Big One)

Precision SE manifold (has to be DACO)New "O" rings ,cleaned, etc.. extra parts

Edwards Direct drive vacuum pump no#8

Roots blower Counterville

Pyrex diffusion pump with heater (DACO brand)

Plant is maintained in excellent condition.

Glass Gas Flask hook-up

The battery test coil is a rechargeable..not that old

Can crate and ship.

• !llumenati

Ok, here is some specifics on the neon plant.

Magnetic choke, push button

30KVA bombarder (Big One)

Precision SE manifold (has to be DACO)New "O" rings ,cleaned, etc.. extra parts

Edwards Direct drive vacuum pump no#8

Roots blower Counterville

Pyrex diffusion pump with heater (DACO brand)

Plant is maintained in excellent condition.

Glass Gas Flask hook-up

The battery test coil is a rechargeable..not that old

Can crate and ship.

Can you look at the roots and get a model # off of it? Not being picky - never heard of a Counterville blower. Do you know the differece between a roots blower and a newer "regenerative" blower? If this was a DACO system - they sold the regen units and definitely not the same thing.

Any vacuum gauge - brand?

Is the manifold a single side or double side? Oil filled monometer, or gauge?

Thanks for answering the questions. On the battery test coil - I've got one that is ancient - takes a big old battery in a pouch.

gn

Edited by Gary Nutting

Can you look at the roots and get a model # off of it? Not being picky - never heard of a Counterville blower. Do you know the differece between a roots blower and a newer "regenerative" blower? If this was a DACO system - they sold the regen units and definitely not the same thing.

Any vacuum gauge - brand?

Is the manifold a single side or double side? Oil filled monometer, or gauge?

Thanks for answering the questions. On the battery test coil - I've got one that is ancient - takes a big old battery in a pouch.

gn

Gary, I got the spelling wrong on the blower the name is this:

Roots Connersville Blower Corp. Size 36 - Don't know much else, he is out of state and I cannot get to the plant just yet. I got mine from DACO, big blue I call her, more quiet than my first blower.. vacuum cleaner motor courteous of Victory neon!

In fact I still have part and pieces to his choke and I still have the European vacuum pump he sold with his plants. I will sell the pump but throw in the choke!! LOL

No vacuum gauge, he fried his many years ago and got rid of it just like I did mine!! LOL I am still trying to get mine fixed.

Mannometer is a DACO one, oil filled.

I know the guy selling the plant and he was pretty particular about his stuff, I can not believe anything to be in bad shape, in fact I know he was using it less than a year ago because his customer came to me after he got another job. I would buy it myself but the work is not just there...it is coming back in stages but not enough to have a second plant right now.

• !llumenati

Here's a picture of my corner of the old shop - I had two manifolds set up. My transco with a Snyder d-pump, and my Wheeler manifold with a Wheeler d-pump. Lousy picture, but awesome setup.

post-427-0-45624800-1316566746.jpg

Edited by Gary Nutting

Here's a picture of my corner of the old shop - I had two manifolds set up. My transco with a Snyder d-pump, and my Wheeler manifold with a Wheeler d-pump. Lousy picture, but awesome setup.

...something to be said for old school stuff...just don't make them like they used to!!

• !llumenati

Actually they weren't old - just the picture scanned really, really bad. The transco unit is just like the ones currently made, and the Wheeler is identical to the ones he currently makes - and that was a sucking machine!

gn

Ken do you still have the neon plant?

Yes, still do, had a couple bites but shipping over the border seems to be a bit expensive. I have some pics that he sent me via phone so I can post them or send them to you, They are not too bad but it is the best he could give me. I do know the plant is not 100% torn down, so if it sells, I will more than likely be the guy dismantling it and shipping it as the owner is out of town.

• 3 weeks later...

Have you tried ebay?

Sad to see a nice neon plant go to waste.

I hope the sign industry hasn't completely squashed the interest of the next generation from pursuing a career in the trade.

Ken, I would be interested in purchasing some of this equipment. Located in NW Pa, not that far from Akron. Maybe we can talk about particulars. Send me your email addy or Phone #. Thanks

• Board Patron

I would be interested in the roots blower if you want to piece it out

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron

He prob should be prepared to practicly give it away.... unfortunately

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron

True I would have loved to have had the prices the way they are now a few years ago when I bought my stuff! Sad though, right now neon is really fading

express%20neon%20sig.jpg