ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

AxiomLED Introduces LED Metal Halide Retrofit Kit for $99

AxiomLED has finally introduced the product that it showcased at our ISA Party in Las Vegas... sorry she had clothes on when we turned it on!!

http://www.AxiomLED.com/AxiomLED/Metal_Halide_Retrofit.html

If someone wants to make the sheet metal components that can sell with these kits - please call me on my mobile at 702-539-4484

Manuel,

Sign specialty electricians in Washington state are not allowed to replace HID components with LED. We must be a full blown electrical shop.

Pat

• Board Patron

"The light output of the AxiomLED retrofit systems are designed to be comparable light levels to metal halide lamps used in conventional “Shoe Box” type fixtures"

Do you have any LM79-type testing on this retrofit? A $15 400-watt metal-halide delivers 32,000 lumens. A $9 250-watt model 20,000.

Plugging your retrofit wattage figures in here (62 and 125 watts), and figuring a likely "shoebox" fixture efficiency of 65% - this would put your retrofit at 167-209 lumens/watt - well above Nichia's data under ideal laboratory conditions on a test bench. And this is considering a 100% fixture efficiency with the retrofit (which it likely is most certainly not).

Granted, LED's probably offer better CRI and "instant on" (not really a needed feature in parking lot lighting). But without third-party testing I'd be suspicious the light output is far below the bulb being replaced?

Edited by megavolt512

LM79 data has not been run yet because everyone is sticking these in different fixtures. LM79 is also not needed/required for most of our customers outside the USA.

The Metal Halide numbers you suggest are correct yet the fixture efficacy numbers you have may be a little off - more like 50% efficient.

Our product has been tested by the top companies in multiple places around the world - here in USA - by YESCO, the largest sign and lighting service company in the USA. Our parts are "adequate".

If additional brightness is needed - we can increase the LED content of a 130 lumen per watt Nichia LED and raise the light levels by 10-25% - this increase would cost between $15-$25 more.

We find however that our initial system meets 90% of applications. We find that once people install they do "the real test"

You can purchase a kit online if you like. Some have purchased to make their own fixtures.

Manuel,

Sign specialty electricians in Washington state are not allowed to replace HID components with LED. We must be a full blown electrical shop.

Pat

Can a sign company change a bulb and or replace a reflector in the fixture?

AxiomLED has finally introduced the product that it showcased at our ISA Party in Las Vegas... sorry she had clothes on when we turned it on!!

http://www.AxiomLED....e_Retrofit.html

If someone wants to make the sheet metal components that can sell with these kits - please call me on my mobile at 702-539-4484

Manuel,

Are they going to at some point produce a MH1000 retrofit? Looks good and I am told the Euro market (DE) is already using them on a large scale.