ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

65' Radocy upper controls?

GSS

Can anyone with experience describe the function of the upper controls? How good or poor do they work in general? How much time is required to go from installations (using load line) to using the upper controls?

Thanks for your time.

I have a 65' Radocy and I love it! The upper and lower controls are easy to use and I actually prefer working that as a bucket truck as compared to the Duralift van buckets I have. The change from load line to bucket is fairly easy but it does require 2 men. are you buying a new unit or a used one? I bought mine used directly from Radocy.

Thanks for the info guys. I have not operated a Radocy with upper controls. Wanted to know if the upper controls were acceeptable for day to day use or beter suited for must have situations.

Thank you for the info.

After spending many years of working in association with Cranes Unlimited in Canada and being friends with the Bradleys at Radocy. I can honestly say that the upper controls are one of smoothest and are reliable. I actually prefer operating a Radocy as a bucket truck than anything else. In the earlier days there was some minor problems with the rehostat controls, but now I believe have been corrected.

Thanks

Dave

How early would you call early Dave?

Thanks again for the info. I own a mid 70's 45' Radocy that I was around when I was nearly a child. It has been a very good peace of equipment, simple and very dependable. Just maxed out to often.

• !llumenati

I had a 75' Radocy for years in the '70s and '80s. Had the rheostat control - but no upper controls. Loved that truck and the controls. So smooth in the rotate and load line.

gn

• 1 year later...

to swich from load line to bucket truck you remove the ball from the load line and attach the load line to a hook on the main boom. 5 minute job "remember to turn the load line reostat the whole way down on the load line to prevent it's use when stowed". swtch two switches and jump into the bucket. as there is no load line in the bucket it is not somthing you have to worry about once stowed. now if yo have all the features you can run the bucket any direction also you have power and mine has plug ins for welding cables. plus genorator on and off controls. eexcelent set-up.