ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

The Push is Coming

Snoochie

• Board Patron

All;

I just had a conversation today with some folks from a major oil company and the onslaught is gearing up and ready to take off immediately. The operation is dubbed "Operation Bend Over" and will be hitting gasoline pricing at the pump in your area as we speak. I operate out of Orange County California and the past 2 days have been hit with some substantial price hikes. I just finished a job in Whittier California at a major and the owner showed me what the price is going to be tommorrow. Another 20 cent raise. The target is $5.00 by April with more increases to follow. It doesn't look as if the XL deal is going to be reality and the prospects for a nice war with Iran are also not looking to promising so the oil companies have just taken the initiative on their own to raise prices without the benefit of any excuses. How dare the American public not allow Exxon and the rest to instigate an attack on Iran so the oil prices can rise above $200.00 per barrel. Hence the title of the latest offensive "Operation Bend Over".

Tune your trucks up and start scheduling with more precision and if you are not adding a surcharge for fuel on your invoices........get ready.

Also, a little bit of trivia for you. For every .01 hike in gasoline pricing, it costs the economy 1.03 Billion dollars annually just like a tax increase. Get ready fellow contractors, the oil companies are coming and they are coming with a fury.

"Don't be afraid to see what you see" - President Ronald Reagan

There is always an excuse huh? If not they'll invent one. With two V8's here in the household, I think we've already been grabbing our ankles for some time.

You'll never see me in a Dumb Car, uhhh, smart car

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• Board Patron

There is always an excuse huh? If not they'll invent one. With two V8's here in the household, I think we've already been grabbing our ankles for some time.

You'll never see me in a Dumb Car, uhhh, smart car

Eric;

How goes it in the San Diego area ? It is getting completely out of control here in Orange County with the fuel prices. I know everybody thinks I am either kidding, crazy or both but the situation that I have outlined is actually real. I met with someone in a position of authority from a nameless oil company and the push really is on. I can only guess that San Diego has been hit pretty hard the last couple of weeks because it like New York City, Chicago, Laguna, Irvine and others this side of the world are listed as "BAP" cities by the oil companies. "BAP" being short for "Bend and Pop" by the majors. You know, bend over and they proceed to pop it in. They target specific cities that they know they can get away with murder at because of higher salary numbers present at these cities.

Witness the inflation numbers listed by the government today. They are going out of sight due to soaring fuel and food and the situation is only going to get worse.

This is the main reason why I don't operate the large crane/ladder trucks anymore but stick to small service trucks as I have focused more on the straight electrical portion of the trade. I use the C 45 less and my C 10 more as I stick to that type of work. I have already instituted a "Fuel Service Charge" to my pricing but that along with higher labor rates will only lead to reduced work flow.

Nobody will have any green left after the Major Oils are through with the magic show.

Best of luck to us all............................

"Don't be afraid to see what you see" - President Ronald Reagan