ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Metal Neon Sign Frames

Morning Friends,

I posted this about a month ago, but got now responses....I might be shit out of luck, but I thought I would try it again and see if someone out there in the business could help a poor neon tube bender feed his family.

Got a special request. Anyone know someone I can contact to find the metal sign brackets used as backings for beer signs? I generally use plastic and would prefer to continue using it, however, every once in a while, we all meet someone who knows more about what we do than we do....ever met that person ? :laughing1: I would like to find a supplier for these frames. I have a new idea for a neon project....actually, I stole it from someone else..... :neon:

• Board Patron

Dave, ideally the frames are custom-made to the neon. I use 1/8 x 1/2 inch hot rolled flat stock. Mig weld it together into whatever shape you need. I find it best to position the cross slats about 1/4 of the way down from the top, and the same from the bottom. That way, you can rotate a tube support to grab at the top of the unit if needed, or rotate down in case something is in the way.

I even made a simple, single-purpose brake out of a barn hinge. You insert the end of a 1/8 x 1/4 flat into it, and it stops at 3 inches. Rotate the hinge up, and you have a perfect right angle. McMaster-Carr call sells the vinyl end-caps for this size stock - for a finishing touch. Don't forget to put on tabs for transformer mounting.

These are a bit more labor than plastic - but plastic prices have now gone up so much, I almost consider it a wash. These frames look great and last forever. I use regular spray paint (usually semi-gloss black).

Oh yes, I use a mig welder to stick these together. These too are very inexpensive these days. If you don't have one, the cheap Chicom's from Harbor Freight, Northern tool, or such will get the job done.

• !llumenati

I agree with the above statements. Depending on the volume you need, if your doing only a few try this. You can buy pre cut 1/8" x 1/2" flat aluminum. Or what ever sizes you need and use a " LORDS" Product to attach them. Paint it black and your ready.