ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Superior Long life lamps??

• Board Patron

Have any of you guys ever heard of them? I have a customer that is wanting to change over to them. He says the ballast have a 30 year life? WTF

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron

Hey guys look at this web site and see what you think. superiorlamp.com This looks like all fluff to me. Some of you guys that are in the know technically can look at the specs and give us the down low.. They list their electronic ballast as having a 50 year warranty.

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

I have changed out tons of their lamps in my customers locations for my company and the company that I worked for before starting my own, they basically just make sales on the unknowing store owner/manager that is looking to save money by having a lamp that they will not have to change for 10 YEARS!!! I have not had any experience with their ballast though.

• Board Patron

I just talked to a sales rep on the phone. What a joke! This guy knew less than me about his products. He gave me a price of ............. $46.00 for a 8' HO lamp

You are right I think they are screwing naive business managers.

http://www.superiorlampinc.com

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• !llumenati

Judging from what I saw of the site the lamps and ballasts are mainly geared toward the lighting industry. The ballast shown is a typical 2 lamp electronic ballast I would expect to see at Lowe's or Home Depot from Advance or Universal for interior light fixtures. As for the lamps I didn't see much that would tell me the life is extended much. Simply placing cathode shields around the cathodes does not extend the life of the lamp. I didn't see any mention of the lamps in our typical HO lengths either. I do know that the France long life T8 Reliant lamps not only have the cathode shield but the cathode itself is different that the typical fillaments for the T12 lamps. They may see some trouble with that 10 year garentee if they actually honor it.

• Like 1

• Board Patron

This is a very old scam perpetrated time to time by new players..............

Dominic

"Don't be afraid to see what you see" - President Ronald Reagan

• Board Patron

When you call they act like pricing is some big secret and want all kinds of info. My customer just replaced a huge amount of interior lighting with their stuff I hope he does not get burned. Damn I wish he had contacted me first. They say they have the HO stuff but you have to talk to a sales rep.

Edited by chubbygumby

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron

When you call they act like pricing is some big secret and want all kinds of info. My customer just replaced a huge amount of interior lighting with their stuff I hope he does not get burned. Damn I wish he had contacted me first. They say they have the HO stuff but you have to talk to a sales rep.

Chubby;

That is an intergral part of the play. They are absolutely trying their damndest to make sure they make the sale before the customer talks to a professional like yourself and ends the process.

Just as a side affront, I recently replaced an interior ballast for a customer as a favor while doing some electrical work. I checked the back of the Advance ballast for a date stamp and it was dated 1992. The ballast lasted some 20 years and the customer probably paid a fair amount at the time. He definitely paid a fair amount this time. The lamps and ballasts are going to last a fair amount of years on their own. There is no such thing as a super lasting lamp or ballast. But if you pay $46.00 for a lamp that should cost $7.00, the seller can afford to give you a freebie now and then. He also knows you may not be in business down the road or even worse, he may not be in business and the sale is a profit generator. That is just a portion of the scam,,,,,,,

Dominic

"Don't be afraid to see what you see" - President Ronald Reagan

Years ago there were Door to Door long life light bulb salesmen.."The last light bulb you will ever buy ma'am, you will leave these to your grandchildren"

Heck you used to buy a case of lamps and get a toaster...lol

As far as cathode guards..EVERY flourescent manufacturer worth 2 cents has a CG on their lamps. And while there is some debate as to extending life, it does prevent end darkening from phosphors settleing on the hot electrodes and thus falling out of the cycle, similar to a "getter" on HID lamps.....

• Board Patron

Very true Snoochie. I bet to warranty a bad lamp you have to pay shipping, and it is probably super high.

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

Very true Snoochie. I bet to warranty a bad lamp you have to pay shipping, and it is probably super high.

I was told years ago that the main factor in flourescent lamp life is the number of operating hours per strat. The guarantee lamp companies have been ripping off the home owner for years and is now trying us on.

It is true regarding hours per start.

we rate commercial linear lamps by hours of operation between starts.

The longer the lamp is on, the less stress to electrodes ectera.

Kinda like a body in motion stays in motion. ;o)