ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Buy Direct! - Move over middle man!

post-3-0-08321600-1335282855.png

Remember all those times you would have to call supplier after supplier and deal with their lack of keeping stock, well, NO longer!!!

Here's some awesome news from FMS Neon. They are now Buy Direct! Get your neon glass from amounts as small as 5 lbs, buy direct and with economical shipping. Not just glass, but a growing Buy Direct with many more supplier available and coming!

post-3-0-39093100-1335282852.jpg post-3-0-74730300-1335282848.jpg

Visit http://www.brillite.com/

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Good for you guys! I can't crap through my local channel, no ones stocks nothing!

That's exactly why! This has been a old discussion on here for some time. As for myself here in San Diego, My local suppliers hardly stock anything anymore and I have to wait a couple of days to a week or so just to get simple supplies like neon components, sometimes even transformers. Now this does not even hit on getting the MFG that I want, lot's of times I have to use a MFG I don't normally use or want to use.

It will be very curious to see, and I'm pretty certain we'll see a lot more MFG's going AWOL from the normal, or what was the normal model. It's just very hard to get very good loyal representation these days. We're going to see some big changes taking place in this industry.

Wait and see

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Good for you guys! I can't crap through my local channel, no ones stocks nothing!

That's exactly why! This has been a old discussion on here for some time. As for myself here in San Diego, My local suppliers hardly stock anything anymore and I have to wait a couple of days to a week or so just to get simple supplies like neon components, sometimes even transformers. Now this does not even hit on getting the MFG that I want, lot's of times I have to use a MFG I don't normally use or want to use.

It will be very curious to see, and I'm pretty certain we'll see a lot more MFG's going AWOL from the normal, or what was the normal model. It's just very hard to get very good loyal representation these days. We're going to see some big changes taking place in this industry.

Wait and see

I agree Erik I think there are going to be some big changes taking place. We've found similar instances when dealing with our distributors. Very few like to keep extrusions in inventory. We have tried to lessen the impact of this for the end user by increasing our turn around time to only 1-2 days plus shipping... meaning you could have an order within the same week depending on when you order and where you're located.

We experience distributors wanting exclusive business relationships with us forwarding all territory clients to them. On the other hand they do not want to risk carrying any inventory and even expect us to drop ship the products to their clients. From our position it's appearing distributon is turning in to repping companies in a sense.

You are correct, they won't stock and just expect the MFG to drop ship small orders that they normally should be carrying. The MFG should just sent them a small 5% "finders" fee instead, :P lol

It's terrible how some of these Suppliers/Distributors treat the MFG's and how the loyalty has....disappeared.

• Like 1

• Board Patron

It's all based on cash flow, and uncertainty in this business climate. I don't blame distributors for keeping their shelves not fully stocked.

One of my best friends sells oil/lubricants in the Dallas market. We were discussing last night, how his sales have just dried up. Some proposed expansions have been put on hold. Downsizing and consolidating locations is happening. Everyone is trying to run lean.

I still want a new service truck/crane. I'm going to wait to see how this election plays out. Hopefully we'll get a more pro business attitude in DC. It sure seems doubtful, but one can only wish and vote.

• Like 1

It's all based on cash flow, and uncertainty in this business climate. I don't blame distributors for keeping their shelves not fully stocked.

One of my best friends sells oil/lubricants in the Dallas market. We were discussing last night, how his sales have just dried up. Some proposed expansions have been put on hold. Downsizing and consolidating locations is happening. Everyone is trying to run lean.

I still want a new service truck/crane. I'm going to wait to see how this election plays out. Hopefully we'll get a more pro business attitude in DC. It sure seems doubtful, but one can only wish and vote.

Great point! It appears that a speed bump was hit in the past 4 weeks.

I talked to the people at FMS the other day and they were very helpful. The price beats my local supplier by enough to more than cover shipping. The shipping time still doesn't delay any more than our regular supply houses. OH YES AND NO FULE SURCHARGES other than UPS.

Now we just need more direct buy mfr's and maybe we can build our businesses back to a real level.

Because of what's to come I bet we'll see 2 to 3 more jump ship before years end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess we are a little ahead of our time since we started only selling direct 6 years ago!

Paying a "Finders Fee" to distributors is not unusual - this was done in the semiconductor electronics field almost a decade ago - and it has worked. It often times gave the distributor the track record and ammunition to justify stocking a given product... "cart after the horse"