ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Need help selecting a cutter for home business.

Hello! I was hoping someone could help me. My sister and I are starting a small business making home decor items out of vinyl lettering (mainly quotations on hanging boards). We don't want to get in over our heads, but want to be smart about it. We know that the better the machine the better the product and productivity, but we have to balance that with our limited finances. At this point we are considering buying an entry-level cutter with the expectation that if the business is as successful as we hope, we will later buy a better cutter and use the first one as a back up (one at her house, one at mine).

Does anyone have any comments or suggestions for us about any of the three machines we are considering? They are:

Bobcat 24"

Roland Stika SX-15 15"

Master XY-300P 24"

Thank you in advance for any help you can give us!

Welcome Mom!!!

:wiggle: Well I've been using a Roland for years then bought a 24" Panther from http://signwarehouse.com Some people report nightmares about sign warehouse But I personally have had no problems. Graphtec is good and it seems a lot of people like Summa Cutters. I think all those are good for what you will be doing. I got mine at singwarehouse just under 3k and it came with LXI software which is made by Flexicut, equal to the Flexicut Pro. Very nice software, and that was 2 years ago. But at a minumum I would get at least a 24" width. For what your doing it sounds like the bobcat might work (Package #3) I try to always buy ahead of what i might need to give myself room to grow and expand. I always remeber that old quote "You get what you pay for" You might buy this and get carried away with other kinds of work and find yourself limited.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• 3 weeks later...

Let us know how you like your Lynx when you get it. I have been researching for a while and would like to purchase a cutter in the next few weeks. I have been looking at the ct635 and master xy-300p, but have not found too many people that have these and want to give feedback good or bad.

Unfortunately, the Lynx we purchased of ebay was damaged in shipping. Now we are trying to work with UPS to get repairs (what a pain!).

The Lynx was supposed to be for my partner (sister) at her house as she was supposed to do most of our cutting and then eventually we were going to buy me one too.

Because the shipping damage delayed the start of the business we went ahead and purchased another machine for me now. Since we didn't have much to spend I just bought the Creation P-Cut CT630. I received it yesterday and within an hour of setting it up had cut my first decal!

I was warned that it was noise and not very fancy, but it doesn't seem much louder to me than the Lynx and the quality of the cut is great!

It is very easy to use and so far I really like it. Of course, I have only had it for less than a day, but as of now I have no regrets at all!

This may not be a good choice for high-volume shops, but I think it will be just what I need.

There is one thing you should be aware of though, the ArtCut software that comes with it is very basic. It also only cuts images created in Corel so that may be a draw back for many. That is fine for what I need, but just a warning.

Is the ct630 the same as the ct635 I see on ebay? I also heard that the XY-300p is the same at the ct but with more memory. Are you going to be able to design what you need with the artcut software or are you going to have to buy something else? Thanks for the followup report.

I don't know if they are the same or not. I bought mine from SSK (signsupplystore.com). Sign Warehouse also carries a PCut but they call it a Value Cut. The salesman there said they have had driver problems with theirs and so while they are working on it he doesn't recommend it. They both look different from each other too. I imagine that Creation changes the look/function somewhat for each seller. (By the way, they are close to the same price at SSK and Sign Warehouse but SSK includes a bonus starter kit worth almost $100.)

I don't know if I will need more software or not. I did some cool window decals on it this morning. They only reason I can think of that I may need more software is to have more images available, but I'm not sure. I ordered some cutter clip art that said it was .eps format and was created in both Corel and Adobe that I should get today or tomorrow so I hope it has what I need and works.

Well Cutters read "vector" art and that comes in a couple different formats like .eps, .dxf, .ai and a couple of others. You can google search some free sites that have clip art, or purchase some from company's like "Speed Press" that carry some software form various company's

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Hello

We sell the Pcut -Creation cutter. We tested most of the Chineese machines and found the Creation to be the best .If you are a high volume user you need to pay more and buy a high speed machine. The issues with the drivers are with the particular software . We have found the PC Sign software works fine and we supply it with the machines .It also comes with a Corel and DXF bridge program.

If any one needs particular information regarding this machine we will be happy to speak with you.

Best Regards

Gary

Accugraphic Sales Inc.

1-8002683672

• 1 month later...