ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Never got a chance to Read this months issue of Signs & Digital Graphics, and in some ways due to case history when it comes to the electric sign trade, why bother? So we won't even mention them beyond this sentence

Leading the way again is Signs of The Times. Why? Well, because their articles are getting better, their impartial and it’s a different magazines these days.

SIGNS OF THE TIMES #1

http://www.nxtbook.c...MG/sott_201208/

Check out Nisa Khan’s, “Hype versus Reality” article on page 32, that’s what we’ve been discussing on here for years now and Nisa is just stating it in a more “elegant” fashion, rather than our more, cold, brutal honest way things fly around here.

“Build To Last”, hit home for me because I’m real familiar with Stanford Signs & Awning out of Chula Vista. Jamie Del Rio their master fabricator is one of the most craftiest sign fabricators there is in the sign industry, known locally by all and you’ll catch a small phrase in the story that reads, “manual fabrication equipment”. Stanford Signs does not have a Channel Letter Machine, their true “artisans” and journeymen lead by Jamie. I’ve known Jamie and family for almost as long as I’ve been in this industry and I started in 93’. I look at some things they’ve built and I often wonder to myself “how the hell did they do that”. This Shelter Island sign displayed in SOT is beautiful to say the least, but it’s no where near the accomplishments that they have already put up in the past. This company is VERY lucky to have the fabricators that they have, any company would. Believe THAT!

If you read this magazine these days, and you weren’t familiar with the insights of the industry, what you would take from this read is that there is a LOT to the sign industry. It’s journalistic right now with little bias in it.

Is this the same magazine we use to always talk to badly about?

When it comes to the TEK screw issue, panels where the average Joe can take part in and feel important are great and all, but a lot of this goes beyond the realm where a panel can reach. UL has gone beyond the standards and that should be known, no panel can fix what they've turned into a profit farm, they don't want that touched, they want it all exclusive. I'm not so sure we can even label them "non-profit" any longer. There is a fight now, because there is another competitor called MET Labs. It's a small burning ember that's starting to grow.

http://www.thesignsy...he-hands-of-ul/

SIGN BUILDER ILLUSTRATED #2

http://issuu.com/sig...ugust_2012_full

I’m partially in this magazine under “Illuminating History” page 33. I’m VERY glad to see that they used me more than I thought they would, I’m the only one that properly balances the facts out about light sources and that’s not saying much BECAUSE, they need to seek out others as well for future articles. More impartial individuals need to be sought out for such articles.

You’re not going to hear the honest truth about light sources from a LED manufacturer like GE, nor are you going to hear it from the Magic Mouth out of Jacksonville who’s probably never even seen or touched a Neon lamp. So it doesn’t surprise me that they’ve only been using nothing but LEDs for all their signs. He likes for nothing more than his clients to believe in his card reading tricks.

TheFool.jpg

We must note that we're all STILL waiting on the Magic Mouth to come back to us and tell us about your amazing “Savings” and detail your amazing “proprietary” works that only Harbinger Signs can do in saving 85%, or was it 95%? Can’t remember.

http://www.thesignsy...ber-2010-issue/

Just ignore us and keep hitting “marketing statements” that can NEVER be explained. Sign Builder Illustrated needs to "zip" the "Mouth" and never quote him again, their doing this industry of our which they serves, a dis-service.

SBI was asking some short answers, but some very IMPORTANT questions that need true answers, so before I submitted my response to a few questions for this write up I sent my answers to a few manufacturers to fact check, and to check for accuracy. Now what you must understand IS, there is no short simple answers to these questions SBI was answering, it's important to get them right and correct as possible.

So BIG credit to Sign Builder Illustrated for asking some real questions and I was glad to give it to them, it's typical information that's circulated and verified here on a daily basis, but not really circulated much in the marketing world of the Sign Industry and sometimes this information is a BIG awakening slap in the face, or kick in the nuts to those who believe, start, or enable marketing campaigns and statements for manufacturers.

I think having a lil bit of The Sign Syndicate.com in this months SBI issue is what saved it from being another marketing piece and glad to see I was there to counter the Magic Mouth.

magic%20mouth.gif

Anytime or anything bad for the Mouth, is GOOD for the industry. We need more like this from SBI, they need to be bold and seek out other individuals that go against the status quo. Why not? SOT is already doing it, I want to see my favorite Trade Magazine follow suit.

For those of you that have upgraded your free membership you can read my full write up in the Board Patron's forum http://www.thesignsy...e-full-article/ I hope SBI will use this in a future article down the road and make it available to the public. This is the kind of article that can keep SBI very competitive with SOT.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• Board Patron

I'm curious how this article would have come across without you in it. Glad to see a local shop represent San Diego as well. :drunk:

It's great to see trade publications focusing on the issues which really matter and not running a load of advertorials. It's frustrating opening a trade magazine, hoping to get some insight into products and possibly even tips/suggestions on how to ensure the product you're getting is the right fit only to find the articles about qualifying a vendor are really about why you should be with that company who wrote the article... Glad SBI turned to a knowledgeable source!

I am partial to Signs of the Times as it has been around the longest. I even travelled to the National Sign Museum in 2007 and Todd showed me around some fascinating relics of the past, like an early illuminated cabinet sign that had animal skin faces and gaslighting fixtures inside.