ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Accent Signage Systems - Mass Shooting

Erik Sine

Very Sad.

post-3-0-58785600-1348808085.jpg

http://news.yahoo.co...-010359263.html

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The shooter who opened fire inside a Minneapolis sign company Thursday was among "several" people found dead inside the building, according to police officials who won't specify how many people were killed.

Police had previously said at least two people were killed and four were wounded, including three critically, during the afternoon shootings at Accent Signage Systems. But during a Thursday evening news conference, Minneapolis Police Deputy Chief Kris Arneson wouldn't confirm the numbers.
"We do have several victims inside that are dead," Arneson said. When pressed to say how many, she said she didn't know and that the investigation could take several days.

She released few other details, including the shooter's possible motive or gender, but said the person who fired the shots died inside the building from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. She said police did not fire at the shooter.
None of the victims' names has been released.

Hennepin County Medical Center was treating four patients from the scene Thursday night, including three men in critical condition, according to a hospital spokeswoman.

Someone from inside the building called 911 around 4:30 p.m. to report the shootings, police said. The first officers on the scene quickly began evacuating people from the business, which is nestled in a residential area on the city's north side, and closed off several blocks.
Dozens of squad cars and SWAT officers swarmed the neighborhood Thursday afternoon, and traffic was stopped on a nearby bridge along Penn Avenue, where officers had rifles drawn and pointed at the business and a park below.

By Thursday evening, police vehicles were still surrounding the business.
People from the neighborhood milled around but deputies kept them back.
Marques Jones, 18, of Minneapolis, said he was outside a building down the street having his high school senior pictures taken when he and his photographer heard gunfire that sounded close.

"We heard about four to five gunshots," Jones said. "We were shocked at what happened and we just looked at each other. We all just took off running to our vehicles."

According to Accent Signage Systems' website, the company makes interior signage and lists its founder as Reuven Rahamim. A phone messages left at the business was not immediately returned, and a woman who answered the phone at Rahamim's residential listing declined comment.
The company employed 28 people as of July, according to a feature on the business in Finance & Commerce, a local business publication. The paper reported that U.S. Under Secretary of Commerce Francisco Sanchez visited it in August in a trip focused on exporting, and praised the company for its innovation.

The company developed a patented technology for producing signs in Braille and had licensed out the technology to companies in 38 countries, the newspaper said.

Minneapolis Mayor R.T. Rybak said employees who were working when the shootings occurred were together and being cared for Thursday evening.
"We are deeply sorry about what has happened here," he said, calling the shootings "a horrible tragedy."

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Oh no. a mass shooting at a sign company

Oh this is horrible, that this kind of social ill has struck our industry. My thoughts and prayers go to the victims and the families. The shooter offed himself and he is likely to burn in hell forever for his despicable and evil actions. As an understatement, this is unacceptable behaviour for the workplace, and society in general. Obviously this person was angry at the company, and likely the whole world, and committed this cowardly act. In our locality last year, there was a mass shooting at a beauty salon, and that person is likely to get life in prison if not the death penalty

• Like 1

<div style='text-align:center'>

<object width='560' height='345' id='FiveminPlayer' classid='clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000'>

<param name='allowfullscreen' value='true'/>

<param name='allowScriptAccess' value='always'/>

<param name='movie' value='http://embed.5min.com/517491836/'/>

<param name='wmode' value='opaque' />

<embed name='FiveminPlayer' src='http://embed.5min.com/517491836/' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='560' height='345' allowfullscreen='true' allowScriptAccess='always' wmode='opaque'>

</embed>

</object>

<br/>

</div>

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• Board Patron

Everyone thinks this will never happen to me.........

I want all my friends on here to spend as much time with loved ones as possible. That sign job the you might think is the most important thing in your life right now is NOT.

There will always be other jobs.

Edited by chubbygumby
  • Like 1

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

I want all my friends on here to spend as much time with loved ones as possible. That sign job the you might think is the most important thing in your life right now is NOT.

At least I live in a free state with liberal concealed carry laws. I'll shoot back!

• Board Patron

Chubby;

The pursuit of the dollar or material things in not always the end all be all.

God, country and family are the most important things in my life. Business and profits come and go. My dealings with my family and fellow Americans are always treated by me as if it is going to be my last day on this planet. Leave no good deeds undone or kind words usaid. If you do that, you will ultimately leave this earth a very blessed person indeed.

Dominic

• Like 1

"Don't be afraid to see what you see" - President Ronald Reagan

I've talked to quite a few people over at Accent over the years from sales staff to the techs because of the braille gun process that I do for fabrication of ADA complaint signs, a process which is licensed through them. I just hate thinking/knowing that some of those people who I've had direct dealings with are possibly some of the victims of all this.

I wish we had a conceal/carry in my wacko state.

• !llumenati

Unfortunately this is a now part of everyday life. Everyday we hear about a similar event in our schools, churches and worksites. This one hits a little closer to all of us, a fellow sign guy trying to make a living.

I am sure that every person here has had the thought of this. The ex employee who was fired, the employee laid off from down sizing. The guy with the family issues. The list goes on and on. After a hard week at work and you are enjoying a nice day out, some other crazy shoots up or blows up the place you are in. Life is short, make it count and do the best you can and live it to the max.

I was a good personal friend of Reuven Rahamim for about 15 years. We collaborated on a lot of ADA projects -- he usually had me go over his manual to make sure it was all compliant. He was a real "mensch" and great to deal with. He really cared about doing things right, and I'm sure he was a good employer, but this guy evidently had long-standing mental illness problems. He came up with a lot of really innovative ways to do high quality braille signs, and I will miss him personally, and I know the industry is poorer without him.

Sharon Toji

I feel horrible for what happened and my prayers & thoughts to all the victims.

Mental illness gets looked at very differently than any other injury or sickness.

You can't put a sling or bandage on someones head when they're depressed. Usually when we see someone in an arm sling or cast we may feel compassion or even offer to help carry something, but this is not common for the people who suffer in silence.

These people will not burn in hell for something they cannot control. So if anyone out there suffers from anything silent illnesses please don't feel that your useless or beyond help.

Maybe if we listen or stop cutting these people down WE can avoid these things from happening so often.

Your worth putting up a fight for. Not thru violence or hurting others but by fighting to get help no matter how difficult.... it may be.

Talk to us, and may we NEVER EVER minimize it or tell you to snap out of it.

I>@n