ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

What cable locater do you guys like the best?

Brian

• Board Patron

I am looking at a Greenlee 501 locator. I have used one several times and it worked ok. Have any of you guys used another kind that you liked better?

Edit..... Locator damn

Edited by chubbygumby

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

"Not in my scope of work"...

Your missing the boat then. Customer calls with a pylon sign outage, you find that there is no power to the sign, you diagnose broken line under the parking lot and bid the repair. More than likely you get it cause you are on site and ready to work.

• Board Patron

True. I have been using a friends but want to get my own

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

I've had an Amprobe "Hawk" AT-3000,for about 10years. It cost around two grand,but when you consider how useful it has been, how many times I've used it and how much money it has made and saved, it was worth it.

I use it for locating underground problems, finding where power is fed from, finding buried junction boxes,etc.

It's also useful for locating existing power to signs and pole lights when we're putting in a new foundation nearby so we don't hit it while digging or drilling and are able to reroute and reuse it.

This tracer has two other modes, one that detects power underground, and another that picks up radio signals in buried conductors. I rarely use those two functions. I mostly use the transmitter and receiver together to trace wires.

When tracing a wire it is also able to give you the depth it is buried with a good deal of accuracy.

A quick Google of that model# indicates that it is discontinued, but some refurbished are available, and a newer model has taken its place.

Ebay might have the original also.

Hope this helps,

Chuck

I bought a Progressive Electronics inc. Model 501 Tracker 2 Cable Locating System and it works great. I purchased it about 15 years ago. It was a lot less than the Amprobe. Not sure if they are still in business. Good luck