ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

65 skyhook crane on trailer for sale

• Board Patron

65 Skyhook crane rebuilt by Cranes Unlimited in Ottawa Canada in 2005. Trailer just got certified, 4 new brakes and hubs, will sell with or without trailer. It is in Toronto (Schomberg) Ontario, can deliver in Ontario. Painted last year. I need a bigger crane.

$18,000 obo

call 416-653-7227

post-2899-0-42977200-1351241869.jpg

post-2899-0-58004400-1351241880.jpg

63 foot Elliott v60

50 foot 8 ton crane/auger

Skid steer with forks and dirt bucket

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• !llumenati

Nice looking rig. Lot less insurance costs hauling that around than a crane truck. Say, on the pickup - is that actually an aluminum trestle ladder - or just ladders stacked up?

• Board Patron

just ladders stacked, the insurance is $400 a year compared to the new v60 which is $3800. just a little cheaper. problem now is we need a heavy crane with the higher v60

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• Board Patron

I've done

2000 lbs at 20 feet

350 lbs at 65 feet. Max

12 volt, 2 batteries. I have it hooked up with quick connect cable that charges while truck pulling it is running.

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

Hey everyone, we just joined this discussion forum and hope to provide some valuable input.

VERY glad to hear that you guys like your new Elliott V60F. Of course, the 500 lb. jib capacity is limited, perhaps we can help you find a new sign crane to fill out the rest of your fleet? Let me know if we can help. What are you looking for exactly?

We just received a nice trade-in, an Elliott 1870F (18 ton, 70' boom with jib for 120' tip height) that includes a two-man basket, wireless remotes, and other accessories. If interested, let us know!

Sincerely,

David Phillips

Elliott Equipment Company

• !llumenati

Interesting picture for your login. YESCO building, YESCO sign --- NOT the typical YESCO truck as its not their colors, nor does it have a logo on it??

Welcome to the syndicate. There have been a couple forays before that we could have used a crane person.

And not to hijack this thread - but if you have knowledge of- please explain "why", if a new crane course is attended by alot of folks, that the cost of such training is so expenssive? You could start another thread if you know the answers behind this...thanks.

gn

Hey Gary. Boy, you got me good, this is a picture of our new M85 model (85' working height, non-CDL) that we took to a tradeshow in Vegas. We dropped by YESCO to snap some pictures of the new model in use...they don't own the truck, it just made a great backdrop.

Also, thanks for the welcome note, I hope that I can help on future forays, particularly on topics like the 2014 OSHA regulations, used equipment, etc.

As for crane courses, most are designed to generate a profit for the training company (of course)....and in fact, they're so profitable that the aforementioned 2014 OSHA regulations will make it mandatory by law that all installers using a crane over 2,000 lb crane capacity must obtain a crane license...a license that's paid for by the employer. Regulate your way into profit!

In your industry, every $ is important, and it's unfortunate that these courses are so darn expensive...I guess you have to pay to play. I think that as the law progresses in 2014, you'll see these costs go down.

One option for anyone with an Elliott in their fleet...if you don't use the main winch often, we offer a derating package now that brings the rated capacity of the boom winch down from 5,900 or 14,000 lbs to 2,000 lbs, bypassing the need for a crane certification to operate the aerial device.

I hope this helps....good question though.

• Board Patron

David I am pretty sure the v60 can hold 3000lb load if it had a main winch on the boom. What are the chances?

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

Hey Rocco....no chance of the V60F carrying a 3,000 lb winch system. It simply wasn't designed for that type of work. Wish I could say yes or maybe, but I'd just be leading you on. Remember, stability is also a concern with an outrigger spread that fits into a single parking space...3,000 lbs at a wide radius wouldn't be pretty.

• Board Patron

I wanted to upgrade to the L60, too much of a loss on the V60 if I do that. Needed a stronger crane than the skyhook

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

Rocco - Like I mentioned above, have you guys considered adding a boom truck with a basket to your fleet? Gives you the added versatility of doing heavier lifting than possible with a sign truck, while retaining the ability to use the basket/remote controls for aerial work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Board Patron

i got my new crane today, this is going for $14000 now

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446