ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

L.E.D. light bulbs

alltex

• Board Patron

I"m rebuilding an old arrow sign which has 11 watt incandescent bulbs. I've seen some L.E.D.'s light bulbs at one time that change color. I'm not able to flash or chase due to city code. So I'm thinking the color change bulbs should fly. Does anyone know a source where to get these magic bulbs? This would be for an exterior application, and would need about (x150).

You might want to try action lighting (google them; i don't have contact info), but be aware that the bulbs will generally be changing independently, not all blue at the same time, then all yellow, etc. That will make an interesting visual with 150 bulbs!

• Board Patron

Thanks for the info. Talked with them, they don't carry a color changing bulb for this application. The guy I spoke with thought Phillips may have one. That's my next bird to hunt.

Ebay is full of generic colour changing lamps that are available in a form that synchronise to the mains frequency, so change colour in sync. For bulk purchases Xmas lighting suppliers might have them.

Two things to be aware of. Some of the packages may not seal onto traditional rubber tube type lamp holder seals (if they're waterproof in the first place). Some of the lamps are fairly well sealed against water. A type with a dimpled lens comes to mind.

The intensity isn't great on most of these, and will diminish over time. Particularly the green and blue LEDs. They're typically rated at just one watt per lamp. The dimpled type are much brighter when viewed from the front than the diffused globe style.

Like all Chinese LED products, you just don't know what you're getting, so tread carefully.

You get junk!

Some of the junk is better than others, but junk just the same.

if you order 200pcs., 30 won't work, 30 will be duller than remaining 140.

And most will dim and fail much sooner than what they were "rated" for.

American companies are held to these high standards by UL, OSHA, and a million other "watchgaurd" organizations. Chinese companies can sell anything they want, put anything they want on the box, and be held accountable for nothing.

Most of these companies are in China! What are you going to do to them?

Clive is correct....tread very carfully. Better yet, don't tread at all and explain to your customer why you can't get him bulbs that change color.

Unless of course you don't mind servicing this sign every month because it's got another bulb that isn't working.

• Like 1

Try this guy, not sure exactly what he has other than he told me they have a full line.

Bret Brown

ALEDA

bretbrown@aleda-esco.com

www.aleda-esco.com

847 264 1015

As always this is new ssl stuff so as said before, do your homework!