ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Guess we better start the discussion about Obamacare and how it will affect us

Probably the main reason we have the best Healthcare in the world is because of profit. It's profitable to keep people alive and to treat illness. Take the profit out of anything. Where's the money and the incentive to develop anything new?

Yep,

Reminds me of a book I read in college called 'Atlas Shrugged' written by Ayn Rand back in the 50's .

Her book describes the eventual collapse of society due to governmental interference in industry and the elimination of a profit incentive for the most productive in the society.

• Board Patron

Probably the main reason we have the best Healthcare in the world is because of profit. It's profitable to keep people alive and to treat illness. Take the profit out of anything. Where's the money and the incentive to develop anything new?

Yep,

Reminds me of a book I read in college called 'Atlas Shrugged' written by Ayn Rand back in the 50's .

Her book describes the eventual collapse of society due to governmental interference in industry and the elimination of a profit incentive for the most productive in the society.

Was this the same Ayn Rand who was a devout Atheist and and absolutely was opposed to any agrressive acts such as war for any reason?

She also thought the poor were basically worthless entities who should be thrown on the scrapheap of society.

An intersting factoid you may not have known;

Rand underwent surgery for Lung Cancer 1974 after decades of heavy smoking. In 1976 she retired from writing her newsletter and, despite her initial objections, reluctantly allowed Evva Pryor, a consultant from her attorney's office, to sign her up for Social Security and Medicare. I guess in the end she succumbed to being one of the takers after years of being fiericly Capitalistic.

Yes, I read Atlas Shruggd and Fountainhead along with other books such as Soul on Ice, Malcom X and Catcher in the Rye but to name a few as required reading in my junior high curriculum. They were all required reading but I never subscribed anything more to them other than required nonsense to pass my class.

And we all know how the proclamation of being an Ayn Rand junkie which guided his adult life worked out for Representative Paul Ryan. I think the majority of folks in the country weren't too impressed with Ayn Rand or Mr. Ryan.

Best

"Don't be afraid to see what you see" - President Ronald Reagan

Yep,

Her book describes the eventual collapse of society due to governmental interference in industry and the elimination of a profit incentive for the most productive in the society.Lo

Was this the same Ayn Rand who was a devout Atheist and and absolutely was opposed to any agrressive acts such as war for any reason?

She also thought the poor were basically worthless entities who should be thrown on the scrapheap of society.

Rand underwent surgery for Lung Cancer 1974 after decades of heavy smoking. In 1976 she retired from writing her newsletter and, despite her initial objections, reluctantly allowed Evva Pryor, a consultant from her attorney's office, to sign her up for Social Security and Medicare. I guess in the end she succumbed to being one of the takers after years of being fiericly Capitalistic.

Yes, I read Atlas Shruggd and Fountainhead along with other books such as Soul on Ice, Malcom X and Catcher in the Rye but to name a few as required reading in my junior high curriculum. They were all required reading but I never subscribed anything more to them other than required nonsense to pass my class.

And we all know how the proclamation of being an Ayn Rand junkie which guided his adult life worked out for Representative Paul Ryan. I think the majority of folks in the country weren't too impressed with Ayn Rand or Mr. Ryan.

Best

I am familiar with Rands beliefs , political and philosophical view points. Don't claim to be a "Rand junkie"

I very simply stated that Mark's comment along with other comments in this thread ,ie..doctors are ready to walk away from their profession due to the new health care law ,reminded me of a book I read 25 years ago.

Seems to be a lot of liberties taken in this thread to put words or intents of others opinions /statements in question and proceed to attack them. Don't take yourself so seriously bro. I respect your opinion but don't preach to me .

If you were educated in the U.S. progressive public educational system I Seriously dought that any of Rand's works were part of your curriculum at any level.

• Board Patron

Yep,

Her book describes the eventual collapse of society due to governmental interference in industry and the elimination of a profit incentive for the most productive in the society.Lo

Best

I am familiar with Rands beliefs , political and philosophical view points. Don't claim to be a "Rand junkie"

I very simply stated that Mark's comment along with other comments in this thread ,ie..doctors are ready to walk away from their profession due to the new health care law ,reminded me of a book I read 25 years ago.

Seems to be a lot of liberties taken in this thread to put words or intents of others opinions /statements in question and proceed to attack them. Don't take yourself so seriously bro. I respect your opinion but don't preach to me .

If you were educated in the U.S. progressive public educational system I Seriously dought that any of Rand's works were part of your curriculum at any level.

Randy;

I am far from Progressive or Liberal. I just said that I had read Ayn Rand and didn't go for it. I am not an Atheist, am not anti-war no matter what the circumstances and don't believe that the poor are to be discarded. As far as an Ayn Rand junkie, I was referring to Paul Ryan who said she had a profound influence on his life and views. If you want to take the blame via transference, that is up to you. I didn't imply that you were an Ayn Rand junkie.

I never attacked you or put any words in your mouth. I respect your opinion and definitely am not preaching to you. I am serious about some things and lighthearted about others. I wasn't educated in the Liberal or Progressive education system, rather the American public education system. I did read the works of Ayn Rand but didn't take them too seriously. Her opinions were her opinions and she was entitled to them, same as you. I just don't consider her an expert on American ideals or values. But at any rate, I was exposed to her work in a curriculum that allowed me to accept or reject her thesis about life and not be criticized for my views.

Lastly, I doubt very highly that any doctors are going to walk away from their profession after putting so much time to earn the title after the rigorous regimine it took to become a doctor in the first place. They may make alterations to their career path or business practices, but the very thing that drove them in the first place to become a doctor and why they took the Hyppocratic Oath will burn deep in their soul and guide their actions..

If this offends you or you read anything else that you are categorizing an inference by me, I think you have simply misunderstood me. Sorry.

Also, I read in my earlier years a book that I consider on par with "Atlas Shrugged" and that was "Green Eggs and Ham" by the quintessential philosopher Dr. Seuss. But i must admit, I don't know which was more prolific in its social theories.....

Best

"Don't be afraid to see what you see" - President Ronald Reagan

I'm sorry to make this statement and many of you might not believe this but I have friends that are doctors and I'll share a little of what theses guys do. I'm not saying they aren't helping people and that they aren't good at their professions but there is a system to their profession and these guys play it very well. They refer patients with good health insurance to each other probably five to ten times a day, then pay each other in CASH for the referral. One owns a lab that does blood work, MRI's, every type of test you can imagine. This guy drives around all day with a briefcase full of cash in his trunk going from doctor to doctor paying for referrals. Now, this same Lab charges your insurance company $1200.00 for an "open MRI". If you walk in with no insurance, they'll do it for $400.00 cash. It's similar to the housing market 5 years ago....it has to explode pretty soon because each day it gets worse and worse. Drug companies pay Doctors cash to prescribe medications all day, every day! Medication that you may or may not need. Medication that probably won't hurt you, but might not be helping anything either. Doctors will always make very good money compared to the income of the area they live so I don't believe young people will ever be deterred from being a doctor for this reason. This can be seen in other countries that have similar systems in place. And if a young person wants to become a doctor just for the money, he should go into law instead, that's more of a lawyer mentality. People that choose to help people shouldn't be that concerned about the money....that's the problem right now. And old doctors that aren't happy with what may happen to their industry are always going to hate the idea. Old people hate change, that's why young people were invented. To make changes that improve things! Hopefully! Watch "Sicko"....Michael Moore 2007.

If you believe a damn thing that Michael Moore has to say then I feel for you. He's kinda like the Glenn Beck of the Libs if ya know what I mean.

So Travis are you implying that Glenn Beck and Michael Moore are both morons?