ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

The Sign Syndicate "Meet & Greet" 2013 - ISA Expo

Oh my goodness ya'll...7 days til Sin City!! I cannot wait to see ya'll once again! Vegas here comes SS.... Happy travels to ya'll and see you soon!!!! Hugs

Today was the day we sent out the massive web blast to all members about the Meet & Greet. I have to say, I'm very excited about the meet, we got a ton of emails from the lurkers saying they'll be there. Looks like we're going to exceed Orlando's Meet from last year.

It will be an interesting cast of characters judging form the email rsvp's

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• 2 weeks later...

After having the Meet & Greet for the first time in Orlando in 2012, this years Meet & Greet was significantly smaller. That's Vegas being Vegas, there is lot's to do.

I have to admit, this year's ISA Expo trip was more of a vacation. We walked the show in 3 hours Thursday, and went back only for 25 minutes Friday, just to give one of our shirts to one of our Board Vendors. This year I didn't want to sit around, or stroll around the floor and talk shop. I was looking for some SERIOUS relax time with Kgirl, we needed it. Vegas was the excuse to say "I'm going to work" but using the days to chill.

That being said, traffic at the show itself seemed to be considerably under the norm. I was used to rubbing elbows while walking the show, a lot of vendors were also wondering about the traffic and were quite disappointed. A sold out exhibit floor, but a reverse of traffic. A lot of regulars form this site did not go either, it's more important right now to make money than spend time messing around. Well, don't feel too disappointed if you didn't go this year I don't think you missed out as much as far as seeing anything new on the show floor. The Show itself was mostly filled with digital printing machines, apparel, and foreign LED boards. Anything related to the electric sign industry itself was a mere shadow. Not very many of the usual mfg's were there, not anyone or anything you were used to seeing 5 years ago. The only neon mfg that I could see was EGL, & they didn't have much neon as previous years, just a few script neon lamps that spelled "Neon", no showcase of CCFL's that I was used to, it's been overtaken by their Veritas LEDs. They have some nice cabinet lighting modules too!!! The only neon that was there was represented by Hudson Neon, for The Neon Group. This is evidence of the temporary decline in Neon.....as far as neon exhibits to anyway and not the market Will those MFG's be back for a convention in the future? That remains to be seen, I tend to think they can accomplish a lot more these days by showing up on the convention floor as a exhibitor and networking and setting up private appointments.

When it came to our Meet & Greet, it was smaller than usual.....BUT. I mean a big BUT.....It was more of a matter of WHO showed up. You could have quantity or Quality, I'll always pick quality, and that's what you got if you were there. Some great conversations from VERY knowledgeable people who represent themselves or a big company. Again, if you missed out and you had a very good question that you would have every wanted answered, well.....you'll now have to depend on a friend or supplier to fill that answer and depend on that persons hunch.

It was good to see Gary Nutting, Dave Hovey, and Mike Sweet, Kevin from Ushio, Dave from Elliot Equipment, Matt & Greg of Excellart, Wade from Signs of The Times, Mark from AA LED. "Rush Hour" Marko of YYZ :P who brought a funny moment into the party, you would just have to have been there for that moment, if you missed it I'm truly sorry. Sal at RNS Letters, Abitech. Christine from Federal Heath, Tim and his lovely wife from Coast, Dave From Southwestern, Tony from US. I know there are more to mention but I didn't get a chance to meet and talk with everyone and I apologize. It was good to see most again and to meet some for the very first time. As much as I appreciate the conversations about work and talking shop, Kgirl and I enjoyed the topics and conversations about YOU, the ones where we talked about your kids, your family, what you enjoy on your spare time etc. We like to learn about what makes you, you.

I'm going to just post a few pics because most of mine are personal and not show related so those I posted in The Sign Syndicate Gallery, as I said in the beginning of this thread, this was more of a vacation for Kgirl and I.

Getting to the Airport

post-3-0-61464500-1365381282.jpg

Kgirl doing a little gambling

post-3-0-18558900-1365381370.jpg

Me

post-3-0-77916800-1365381371.jpg

The infamous Corona Commercial

post-3-0-93214800-1365381441.jpg

Us

post-3-0-42133700-1365381466.jpg

Meeting up with an old friend

post-3-0-25972400-1365381491.jpg

Us again

post-3-0-39326200-1365381561.jpg

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

The Meet pics

post-3-0-37276600-1365381746.jpg

post-3-0-73987100-1365381653.jpg

post-3-0-35111600-1365381655.jpg

post-3-0-91529200-1365381656.jpg

post-3-0-16618900-1365381659.jpg

post-3-0-92069000-1365381660.jpg

One of the biggest questions Kgirl got from just about everyone on the convention floor and at the meet was, "Will you be doing more video's?...We haven't seen any in a long time"

The answer is YES.

We didn't think it was that big of a deal to have those. We've been having a lot go on in our lives lately and we didn't pursue anymore as of July of last year, but since everyone seems to enjoy them, we'll start back up and hopefully get one out before the month sends. You made her realize how much they were enjoyed......and missed!

• !llumenati

Wish I could have went. I had to cancell my reservations at the last minuite due to a job that designers kept changing that was supposed to be done months ago now it's crunch time to get it done.

Never the less I got to enjoy opening day of trout season with my boys.

How was the show and the party, was there a lot of foot traffic on the floor.

Next year in Orlando I will have the boys and wife with me.

GOOD things happen for a reason......

Thank you Erik and Kirstie for hosting the Meet & Greet. Sorry that Justin from International and I couldn't stay longer, but we had a tight schedule! Seems to always been the case at these shows. You have a great group of members, and I look forward to seeing you all again in Orlando.

PS - This year's show was incredible for Elliott, one of the best ever. Thank you to anyone here on the forum that stopped by at our booth, we're always happy to see such incredible support for our products.

It was good to see Gary Nutting, Dave Hovey, and Mike Sweet, Kevin from Ushio, Dave from Elliot Equipment, Matt & Greg of Excellart, Wade from Signs of The Times, Mark from AA LED. "Rush Hour" Marko of YYZ :P who brought a funny moment into the party, you would just have to have been there for that moment, if you missed it I'm truly sorry.

I learned afterwards that some of the group thought I had just met the special lady there in Vegas, leading Erik to honor me with a new nickname of "Rush Hour" - lol - but I feel I should make a clarification, lest some of those in attendance think I am truly bonkers.

Amy is from Toronto and she came to Las Vegas with me. I was leaning towards not attending, but talking with her Tuesday afternoon and deciding "Sure, let's go to Vegas together!" had me booking flights that evening. It was her first time there and we're both outside-the-box sort of people, so we decided to really do Vegas - which of course means a quickie wedding, right?

post-698-0-80818000-1365432290.jpg

• !llumenati

Congrats Marko!! You were so busy I had hardly time to say 'hi". Loved seeing everyone - but the meet and greet was over far too early. Not nearly enough folks from the SS showed up - but I know there were tons of meetings that some had to attend - and they chose the wrong meet. Great time again...

gn

It was great to see everyone and meet some new faces! Thank you again Erik and Kirstie for hosting the Meet & Greet! Greg and I had a great time and wish we could see everyone more often.

• 2 months later...

Interesting, according to this article Las Vegas was flat this year and with only 19,500 showing up for the ISA show. Kgirl and I usually go around twice a year and Vegas has definitely slowed down over the last couple of years. We were getting kicked out of bars at 11pm, that's unheard of!

http://www.vegasinc.com/news/2013/jun/10/number-tourists-hitting-las-vegas-april-flat-334-m/

• Board Patron

It could be that you and Kgirl are just too damn rowdy!!!!!

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg