ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Just to let everyone know we are now shipping Channel Bond and Resin Bond. You can also order directly from our store (Mainland US ONLY) HERE

If you haven't ever used Channel Bond you are truly missing out.

post-3-0-07706200-1416521662.jpg

Channel Bond is a one part system that's used to bond polycarbonate to polycarbonate, especially polycarbonate to Plasco Trim Cap. Many people shy away from using polycarbonate as channel letter sign faces because they have had issues or problems bonding trim cap to polycarbonate or have heard there are issues from the rumorville.

Makrolon / Sheffield Plastics highly recommends using Channel Bond to fabricate channel letter faces with their polycarbonate!

Well I can tell you most of the issues people have had in the past with either by their own experience, or from heard from rumorville of other shop experiences in short.....Is simply not true. You can bond polycarbonate to trim cap but you have to do it right, and give it time. Most of the time people who have failed to bond the two materials did so because they bonded the materials incorrectly!!! Most of the time they simply applied the adhesive on top where the two materials are meeting, and NOT where the two surface faces actually touch each other. When shops don't do it correctly and have a failure it can lead to a misnomer that it cannot be done.

The best part about Channel Bond is it's a one part system, I said a 1 part system!!! No need to go out and purchase a special gun that combines a two part system, NO need to buy nozzle tips, NO need to throw away good half spent cartridges because it's already been activated. With Channel Bond you just use Hypo Needle applicator and pour what you don't use back in the container, simple!!! No wasting!!!

We are stocking Channel Bond in Quarts and Gallons, and here is a small job where we showed some uses of Channel Bond LINK

Channel Bond a one part system that can be used in place of Lords 7550 Two-Part Urethane Adhesive, Lords 7556 Urethane Adhesive Two-Part Urethane Adhesive, Weld-On / SCIGRIP 58, Weld-On / SCIGRIP 55

For any order or inquiry, or for a full product and price list you can call us at (858) 880-1400 or email us at orders@thesignsyndicate.com You can also order directly from our store HERE

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• 1 month later...

Well since this small campaign I stated with some special pricing to get everyone to try it's been very successful. Some very large nationals to small mom and pop shops who have never used before received the email blast sent out and have ordered. I'm sure they are discovering a good product that maybe an alternative avenue to what they have been using, a replacement, or just something they can use to do something they never thought they were able to do before confidently!

Big thank you to all our new customers and for the shops who are giving it a very 1st try!!!!

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• !llumenati

As long as the directions are followed - it works really well. If you just give it to the shop foreman and allow it to be used "the way I do it" - then the success is not that great.

As long as the directions are followed - it works really well. If you just give it to the shop foreman and allow it to be used "the way I do it" - then the success is not that great.

And THAT is the biggest reason for failure in some cases. It will never be applied right and in those cases of failure it's "just applied" on top instead if appied where needed...i.e. on the joining surfaces.

I've had some good conversations with a Bayer Plastics rep who just sent us sheets of colored polycarb which we'll feature in a tutorial what will run along side all the light tests on different plastics and how they perform over LEDs and Neon light sources. To my Surprise the first thing he said when it comes to channel letter face fabrication with trim cap is using Channel Bond. Bayer (Shefield) Plastics, LOVES channel bond. They've used a couple different products, but they love Channel Bond for joining polycarb to polycarb and polycarb to trim cap. It was a nice surprise, and can't wait to try out their massive sheet selection that they've sent us for the testing here.

• 10 months later...

Just got an interesting phone call from a customer who uses Channel Bond. He said he's even more amazed at Channel Bond because he was in the shop and had to step back and did not realize someone had left polycarbonate channel letter face on the ground and he heard a crack. Expecting to see the trim come partly off the face, all he found was the trim was bent back.

I asked him why he expected the trim to come off the face, LoL!