ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Drill Here Drill Now

Went out today to buy a new small hammer drill for the small 1/4" to 1/2" holes since my old Dewalt has seen better days, well the chuck has seen better days and I don't feel like replacing it again.

I thought about another Hilti to go along my much larger one. So I priced out a few drills like the like a newer Dewalt, Milwaukee, Bosch. The Hilti I was thinking about was the TC 2 Deluxe. The pricing for a lot of theses drills are all over the map. I gave the TC2 some serious thought, well just because I like Hilit. I saw a prices from $400 to $225. Home Depot which no longer carries the Hilti had some for online purchases at $225. I decided to stop by the local Hilti store to look at one in perosn before buying.

post-3-0-71725200-1359756791.jpg

When I went into the Hilti store it's of course like a big toy store and an area where you can drill a few slabs if you want to test out the drills.

I was helped by a rep whom I asked about pricing and he mentioned $230 for the drill I wanted to get and I thought well for almost the same near price I might as well get it here and not worry about shipping and the time to wait. Then he mentioned that another rep handles the prices but that's how much it should be. The other rep came over with hand written prices and said $300. I told him that I saw the same drill online at home depot for $225 and he mentioned well HD does not stock us anymore and whatever they have is stock left on hand.

He didn't answer my question.

I asked him If I could get the same price HD would sell me the drill for. He dodged the question again with "Home Depot is not a carrier anymore". I then said, "Well thank you, I guess I'll just go buy it online at HD instead direct form you"

I went on my Amazon iphone app real fast in my truck after walking out of the store and saw a Bosch RH328VC that I was curious about, then went to the HD App and viewed the Hilti. Walking out of the Hilti store left a bad taste in my mouth, the rep could have handled himself better IMO. So I thought to myself "Scrap"Hilti, I'll try something new. I have never owned a Bosch before, only Dewalt's, Milwaukee's, and Hilti's

So I dropped almost $30 more and decided to buy the Bosch, read the reviews from Amazon and it seems to be a good drill. It's small and had specs 1 lbs of more impact strength than the 1.3 Hilti TC-2

post-3-0-00631400-1359757532.jpg

I'm a Amazon Prime member so I get 2 day free shipping, I'll have it Monday, I'm very interested to see how it performs. Other stores and online shopping stores had it for sale for well over $300+

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• Board Patron

I have the bosch bulldog for small holes and for the 189 i paid it has drilled thousands and thousands of holes without a hickup. I need to pick up another for another truck and was looking at the one you posted. keep us updated with how you like it

The Bulldog Xtreme was the other Bosch I gave serious consideration too because reviews were long and positive and it's a tool that's been out for some time. I think they have a send Xtreme version now too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

I bought the DeWalt 20v Max cordless a while back mainly because I have most of the other tools in the line. I've easily drilled over a couple of thousand holes (mainly 3/16") in all sorts of masonry and the thing is a beast. I have a brand new corded DeWalt rotary hammer still in the case, still unused, but I have it for just-in-case.

I installed about 400 stadium seats a while back and there was another guy using a corded Hilti. The DeWalt kept up with it pretty much hole-for-hole.

Figured I'd post in case anyone was considering purchasing one.

I had my eye on that Bulldog Xtreme as well. I don't think you can find a bad review on it.

Oh, and this was a video I made when comparing the DeWalt to a corded Hilti:

Edited by PrecisionSignServices

• Board Patron

I have had several Bosch tools and been happy with them all

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

Used it for the first time yesterday installing a large 40' and had to drill in split face concrete wall.

PPPFFTTT, This drill is a FREAK!!!!! Cut's in like a hot knife thru butter, WHERE the hell did this drill come from again???

Glad I bought this and VERY happy, now the question is HOW long will it last, I predict for a long time!!!

Yeah, I also bought the bosch drill bit sets and single bits, which is even discounted compared to Home Depot. No Tax, free shipping