ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

UL Shops - how many of you are dropping out??

Who thinks UL, MetLab, et al, are a farce?

Here's an example of what a wonderful UL label gets you: http://www.thesignsyndicate.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6079-ugly-led-work/

And what UL charges is a crime in and of itself. A joke. I had gotten a quote from MetLab for a site inspection - UL was double and when I told them that, they immediaely dropped their price. Wonder how many companies they ripoff on a daily basis??

We always appreciate these conversations - a little background on MET's invlovement. For years, we listened to complaints from Sign Shops because UL was a monopoly. It took us a few years to get our program going, now at least there is one other choice. This is also happening in other areas besides Signs, where UL still has a stranglehold / monopoly. We've worked hard to provide an alternative, and our philosophy is to help insure electrical safety, while not requiring anything unnecessary. We're not always the "cheapest" (Especially depending on what part of the country you are in), but we think our service and approach is superior. Competition really IS good, I would like to see even more choices for this service.

With regards to electrical safety being unnecessary, well of course I disagree with that. We have had the eye-opening experience of seeing equipment made with no knowledge of electrical safety or product Standards, and it's not pretty. Electrical Inspectors have also seen this, so its important to remember that when they are suspicious, even though you may know your product is great and complies with all the safety regulations.

Thanks again to Sign Syndicate for hosting this forum, hopefully together we can help improve the industry, help each other.

- Greg

Gregory - does MET offer a sign label program in Canada? I'm running a small home-based neon and plastic sign shop and the "other guys" don't seem interested in the 25 or so window/wall mounted illuminate signs I produce each month. I'm located near Halifax, NS. Thanks