ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Ice Holes Inverted

shooter

• !llumenati

Wow. Not sure how many folks seeing this understand what is going on...and I'm not sure. Your bubbles are going down, which means you are inverted walking on the ice? That alone would be unreal. But what are you pouring out of buckets? It appears to be water..but water would not pour out like water, when under water?

being a diver helps understand this video. When you exhale on scuba, your bubbles rise to the surface. When you turn your world upside down, and stand on the bottom of the ice, the bubbles actually look like they are going down to your feet. When we are diving, we wear a dry suit. This dry suit can be manually inflated to add air for both warmth and buoyancy control. to go inverted, I added a little extra air to my dry suit, and let it go to my feet. This helps hold me in place upside down.

The buckets were placed prior to the dive, upside down with air added. I actually added a little too much air and had a hard time lifting the buckets, until I poured some of the air out. at first I thought this would be a relatively easy stunt to pull off, but it was a little harder than I had anticipated. It took a good 3 to 5 min. to get acclimated to being upside down. After that, my mind adjusted and it actually seemed normal?

Edited by shooter

• !llumenati

outstanding, what fun! Hope I did not ruin it for others - it just seems so natural. Makes sense with the air in the buckets - missed that one. I remember one dive, about 60 feet, finding a brass urn corked with a burnt candle. Pulled the candle, tipped over the urn to get the water out --- duh! So funny, thinking back.

Can only imagine how weird it wass walking upside down. Was the camera person upside down as well, holding the vid camera upside down -- or flipped using software, later?

Being nosey -- what kind of regulator - special for cold water? Alot of them don't like extreme cold like that. Looking forward to the next video.

gn.

outstanding, what fun! Hope I did not ruin it for others - it just seems so natural. Makes sense with the air in the buckets - missed that one. I remember one dive, about 60 feet, finding a brass urn corked with a burnt candle. Pulled the candle, tipped over the urn to get the water out --- duh! So funny, thinking back.

Can only imagine how weird it wass walking upside down. Was the camera person upside down as well, holding the vid camera upside down -- or flipped using software, later?

Being nosey -- what kind of regulator - special for cold water? Alot of them don't like extreme cold like that. Looking forward to the next video.

gn.

It was fun! I use apex xtx 200. they are specially formulated for cold water.

I hope to incorporate some sponsor holes with signs for a inverted golf game. The golf ball will be a tennis ball (floats) the hole will be an auger hole, golf club probably a hockey stick or broom. We will do it in more shallow water so you can see the lake floor

Crazy. Looked like you were walking on the Moon.

That is exactly how I would describe it. Another board I posted on showed me links with a better presentation.

video was a go pro helmet cam with the photographer inverted as well

Edited by shooter

• !llumenati

Another great video. My wife, who has also dove, could not get her head around the fact you were upside down. Her next question, being female, was why would they?

Another great video. My wife, who has also dove, could not get her head around the fact you were upside down. Her next question, being female, was why would they?

My wife doesn't even ask why anymore! Anytime you guys want to try, let me know and I will be your guide!

post-1122-0-25778900-1361892639.jpg

It's really not that bad. We have all of the proper gear to do it safely. We are wearing a drysuit, which is like an underwater snowmobile suit. We also tape handwarmer packs in key areas to maintain warmth and minimize shrinkage :thumbs: !

This weekend we are going to shovel lettering in the snow in reverse and photo it from under the ice :headbang: ! Why? Why not! I will probably grid out this scale drawing and transfer it to the lake by stretching grid lines, want to showcase this theory and pitch it to dive manufacturers. It will be my first real "snow job"! :lol_hitting::pillepalle:

post-1122-0-18791600-1362064346.jpg

• !llumenati

you could take some leds and face them down and have illuminated signs. I would have said neon, but that would be tough. Might make for a cool shot. Maybe even try just one letter?

you could take some leds and face them down and have illuminated signs. I would have said neon, but that would be tough. Might make for a cool shot. Maybe even try just one letter?

The signs will be illuminated, the snow opaques out the sunlight going through the ice. Removing the snow allows the light to go through the areas shoveled. We typically shovel "rays" with arrows going back to and intersecting with our access hole. That way if for some reason we become unattached from our safety line, we will know which way to swim back to the opening. I am really curious to see if the detail will transfer through 33 inches of ice.....

as far as shoveling, my boss v plow on the front of the Ford 7.3 diesel takes care of most of that. I like to think of this as more hand lettering with a shovel :scratchhead:

• Like 1

We decided to do a smaller version to make sure it would work! The letters are about 26" tall with a 4-5" stroke width. The next version will have way more spacing. Kind of like blue lettering at night, its hard to read unless its double spaced.

Here is the video of the lettering.

Here is a funny video my buddy put together of the set up. unfortunately the camera died before we finished

post-1122-0-23889200-1362406088.jpg

post-1122-0-29786200-1362406110.jpg