ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Just finished up a modest sized job that was interesting from the beginning.

Originally we were going to use this staging/trussel from a previous tenant then it changed to a removal of the old sign from a previous tenant to adding the new sign on the lower floor. As some of you know I prefer to go neon for channel letters but for this particular job I listed it to be LED because of the original scope of the sign being to high up and access wasn't to.....accessible.

The response from the client was unusual.

This particular client who has multiple chains in AZ and in other states wanted nothing more to do with LEDs, in fact he said it MUST be "Neon". He started out using Neon as a light source, converted over with each new location, but after multiple problems with channel letters, pylon signs filled with LEDs, enough was enough for him. No longer did he want his image held in darkness.

I had a good LED spec's out too, but that was okay because I LOVE Neon, and it's coming back! Trust me!! It's slow to coming back because there are a lot of shops out there that just don't know what their doing when it comes to neon, never did, and probably don't have the talented install crew to do it right. So to them, Neon IS the problem, not the lack of proper talent. LEDs have a tendency to create laziness of some shops becoming a Wham Bam thank you Ma'am now pay me the installations done. Besides, some have even laid off that talented crew who could do neon for people who can only peel and stick, and who can drill a 1/2" hole.

Alright enough of the side jokes. I'm not a big fan of Day/Night signs, have did some in the past and liked using using transparent acrylic and diffusion film because I can't stand the day/night acrylic. So this was my first time using the 3M perf film which I said I would like to use one day over my old preferred process.

He sent me a snap shot of a sign that was a friend of his, he said give me the perforated stuff!!!

So began the journey! The journey of Day/Night.

First I had to find and use a VERY bright light source. Not so hard to find that.....well.....let's take a step back. It is if you don't know where to look! If you want to use a Tri-Phosphor CCFL lamp not many of the usual sign suppliers even stock it. For this job I wanted to use FMS's Brillite again.

Want bright?

Serious Bright? I mean....serious Bright, then it's time to put away the conventional 15mm and somtimes 13mm glass and 12mm up. Try and find that at the usual Montroy's, N.Glantz & Interstates.....Good Luck!!!!

But these days that's okay because FMS is now a glass mfg who you can buy direct. Drop a dime and a few days later the UPS guy shows up with over 50 lbs of glass with no breakage and a small charge of shipping. Shipping that would have been quantified had you called a sign supplier who would in turn drop a dime and drop ship it to you and collect a sales commish.

Out with old......

post-3-0-98837700-1364424069.jpg

post-3-0-18340700-1364424072.jpg

.....and begin of the new!!

post-3-0-05910900-1364423537.jpg

Want a bright sign, just add a Brighton.
post-3-0-53345700-1364423543.jpg

My favorite trim cap....PLASCO. A trim cap that is sold here on the Sign Syndicate.com!!
post-3-0-56885000-1364423541.jpg

The 3M black perforated film with my choice plastic, Plaskolite 2447 LD
post-3-0-56768000-1364423539.jpg

With using the bright Brillite BL6500 Triphosphor Lamps, you need a good reliable power source, so enter the new Transco To Go UNT Tanks. Self variable/ adjusting transformers that will adjust to the load. With two models the 9kV series that goes from 3k to 9k and the 15kV model that will adjust from 10,550v to 15kv.
post-3-0-99137900-1364423534.jpg

Installation day.

Even facing the sun light the Brilite tri-lamps put up a fight all of it's own. Hard to see, but used with Transco's silicone Easy Caps & Boots, along with their silicone GTO, all sold here on the Sign Syndicate.com
post-3-0-54973100-1364424169.jpg

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

I love the curved wall for this sign, it just adds to the overall look.

post-3-0-19092400-1364424798.jpg

The finishing touches

post-3-0-04267000-1364424800.jpg

post-3-0-37847800-1364424796.jpg

For the perforated film to only allow 50% of light to pass thru, this is a very BRIGHT 50% light. The acrylic, to the Brillite lamps tri-phosphor lamps, the end result was brite because of the brilliant light, or Brillite.

post-3-0-32266500-1364424793.jpg

post-3-0-89064200-1364424791.jpg

post-3-0-54815200-1364424794.jpg

One side note, all CCFL Lamp electrodes were processed from the Fluxeon "Electra". A Neon Induction Heater also sold through the Sign Syndicate.com

post-3-0-33785500-1364427001.jpg

The Job Recipe

FMS Brillite Neon - 12mm BL6500 TC White (Tri-Phosphor)

FMS Neon Tube Supports

CCFL Lamps processed by Fluxeon

Transco To Go Military Grade UNT Tank Transformers

Transco 20 Amp Toggle Disconnects

Transco Silicone GTO

Transco Silicone Easy Caps & Boots

Plasco 1" Black Trim Cap

Resin Bond

Plaskolite LD 2447

3M Black Perforated Film

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• !llumenati

you do each of those signs? Letters showed wood bridge, but a picture of the neon showed marge Carson? Nice looking job, again. You take meter readings to share?

Thanks!

Yes I did all three signs or sides. Light meter reading to come. I may slide off a letter with a standard 7328 white and see what the difference is. I want to go back and take some interior install pics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Another great looking job Erik. Nice even light output through those perforated faces

Thanks Randy, I'm very impressed with the light output and illumination for 50% blockage.

Nice job Erik. Thanks for showing once again that when done correctly neon WORKS! See you Friday at Luxor.