ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

• Board Patron

:moon:

Action National

Entera

Fairmont

Regency

Icon

Sign Depot

Nationwide Sign Service & Repair

Atlas Sign Industries

:wave-finger:

The Radiation emanating from these companies spreads throughout the nation like that which comes from Plutonium, attaching itself to any life form it happens upon.

Be careful when dealing with these serial offenders lest you want Radiation Sickness..........

Best

• Like 2

"Don't be afraid to see what you see" - President Ronald Reagan

Reading your list, you've hit a number of offenders for my companies as well! Fairmount and Icon are at the top of my list. I've told them to remove us from their vendor databases, as they are horrible at paying. The PM's I've delt with personally at Icon have absolutely no common sense or sign knowledge.

• Like 1

• Board Patron

Reading your list, you've hit a number of offenders for my companies as well! Fairmount and Icon are at the top of my list. I've told them to remove us from their vendor databases, as they are horrible at paying. The PM's I've delt with personally at Icon have absolutely no common sense or sign knowledge.

Jeff;

Their job is NOT to know the sign business or have common sense.Their job is to get a contractor to perform a service and then make sure that they are not paid too soon. They obviously have no common sense because if they did they would understand that deceiving and bullshitting fellow contractors is not a sensible business practice and can't last forever. They would then understand that they are no more expendable to the company than the contractor they are tasked to deceive. Therefore they will be assuring their future unemployment stint.

Nope, sign knowledge, common sense or even decency is not a prerequisite to work for the company you mentioned. But fear not, the fact that they have a high turnover of PM's suggest that there are still those who will not sell their soul for a paycheck.

Best

• Like 1

• Board Patron

I have not been screwed by atlas with the jobs i did, it did take them 120 days to pay every bill but thats more then can be said for the rest of the shitheads on that list.

• Board Patron

Action National

Entera - :vio (33):

Fairmont

Regency

Icon

Sign Depot

Atlas Sign Industries

The Radiation emanating from these companies spreads throughout the nation like that which comes from Plutonium, attaching itself to any life form it happens upon.

Be careful when dealing with these serial offenders lest you want Radiation Sickness..........

Best

Wait for the new company to emerge and re list them on "The Hall of Shame".

Look at all the reborn companies and take heed to this painful lesson.

Best

• Board Patron

Ha! Action Services just called me and asked for a quote for a job and then started questioning the break down on the estimate (arguing over travel). I then informed her that they would have to pay up front, she replied we don't pay in advance to which I said no you don't pay at all. I thanked her for the call and hung up.

• Like 4

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

If more sign companies did this, the industry would be far better off. I just turned down a large install worth over $20k because the company wouldn't give a deposit. They told me they would have to find someone else to do it. I'd like to think no sign company that needs to rent a 135' boom would take the job without a deposit, but I'm sure someone will. They won't be paid for at least 60 days and will still do the job dirt cheap. They'll also cut corners and to justify it, saying they did the job cheap. I hate turning down work, but this isn't good work. These same companies would flip out if we accepted a job and couldn't complete it on their deadline, so why should it be OK for them to not pay to the agreed upon date? To us, that's a deadline too!

• Like 1

• Board Patron

Ha! Action Services just called me and asked for a quote for a job and then started questioning the break down on the estimate (arguing over travel). I then informed her that they would have to pay up front, she replied we don't pay in advance to which I said no you don't pay at all. I thanked her for the call and hung up.

Chubby;

I recently received a call from these folks to work at another chain store here in California. The girl whom I spoke to knew basically nothing except to present a story line about travel that wouldn't cover my cost, labor on the job that wouldn't cover my cost and charges for material that wouldn't cover my cost.

I as well said thanks but I would have to pass on this glorious opportunity to be paid extremely slow, if at all, for under priced work here in the Golden State.

How anyone could work for these people is just mind boggling to me.

Best

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Board Patron

Action National

Entera

Fairmont

Regency

Icon

Sign Depot

Atlas Sign Industries

Archer Signs

The list continues to grow and the smell is getting stronger! Contract with these companies and you may wind up getting burnt.

Best

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We have been doing some subcontracting with Nationwide Sign Service and Repair in last couple of months and I have to say they have been great to us. Pay was almost 60 days first time, he said it was due to the hurricane, but the 2nd time was 45 days pay. In which most companies are 60 day pay. Frank and the staff there was really nice to us.

Edited by taylormadesigns

• Board Patron

We have been doing some subcontracting with Nationwide Sign Service and Repair in last couple of months and I have to say they have been great to us. Pay was almost 60 days first time, he said it was due to the hurricane, but the 2nd time was 45 days pay. In which most companies are 60 day pay. Frank and the staff there was really nice to us.

Glad to hear it !!!

Maybe you are reaping the benefits of member contractors calling out these nationals on The Sign Syndicate. Maybe you are lucky. Maybe this company has had an epiphany and has changed their ways. Maybe...........

Hopefully you will continue to provide service and be paid in a timely and fair manner.

Best

• 4 weeks later...
  • Board Patron

Action National

Entera

Fairmont

Regency

Icon

Sign Depot

Atlas Sign Industries

Archer Signs

Loren Electric

The list continues to grow and grow.........

Best

• 1 month later...
  • Board Patron

It,s worth giving these "stinkers" an encore review....

And I still stand by this list!

Best

• 2 months later...
  • Board Patron

These "Stinkers" are still out there, still slow paying and still will not address their ways to either dispute or refute some claims made against them.

Silence is always taken for consent..................

Best

• 1 month later...

We feel your pain regarding Action Sign, this is now 2013 and we've been trying to get paid for jobs from 2011. We keep getting the run around, they owe us $8,400, they never call back and when we call them we are sent to a new person who states they do not not have any records of our invoices which have been emailed, faxed and mailed multiple multiple times with no reponse and then when you think you've finally found the right person to talk to you and send all the information again, then we wait and when we call back because of no response a couple days later or maybe even a week later guess what...... that person is no longer there and we have to go thru it all again.... It's bull and its away for them to keep from paying their bills. But let me tell you when they send you the work order they want it done right then within 24 hrs and most of the time the same day and get you to rearrange your schedule to accomodate them and then guess what... you NEVER get paid for it... Same with FM (Facility Maintenance) run for the hills if you every get work from them and read every thing, I mean everything. They think we are Work For Free Sign Company, you do work, you no get paid, cause you know, gas is free, parts are free, labor is free and our time is free..... NOT!!! Facility Maintenance is at the top of our list of slow (well can't say slow pay, they don't pay) as they owe us $8,285 since 2010, and they are the same as Action, every time someone different and if you don't read the fine print you won't see that if you are not paid within 180 days then your pretty much not going to get paid. The work order they send over is via fax, 1 page, no sign-off no nothing, but they want you to go their website and download everything and print it out (which wouldn't be a big deal, if they told you that). Half of the time their page doesn't work, it is not a friendly website at all, you have to hunt for everything and if you need an NTE increased, good lord help you, you have to get verbal approval from FM then thats not good enough even tho they've said proceed to your tech, you have to go to their website and enter the quote into the system and then it may or maynot be approved, but keep in mind they've already told you tech on-site its approved and to proceed. Ok, now if you don't know about the sign-off and other paperwork your supposed to print out (because apparently they can't fax it with the work order for whatever reason they have that day) you are double donked, because on that you are supposed to get the customer sign-off along with in/out times by the customer, etc, but keep in mind they never tell you about this stuff until you want to be paid and they drag that out past the 180 days and guess what happens after 180 days, you get nada, zilch, nothing, big fat goose egg! But they claim its all in "their handbook" which by the way is on their website and contradicts itself multiple multiple times. They've went as far to say "well if you didn't get paid for the job, then we didn't"... hmmmm, lets see, I'm sorry but if I did work for someone then I would want what is rightfully mine, wouldn't you... They aren't going to let their money go, they would be breathing down our necks if we hadn't sent them something. What happens is they get our invoice along with our sign-off etc, submit it to their customer with a considerable markup on our price (and we have proof of that), they get paid for the job and they find every excuse under the sun, moon and stars not to pay us. Now there are some great National sign companies out there that do what they say and pay when they say, but these others give the good National Sign companies a bad name. Its sad really... Anyway, sorry for the rant but wanted my 2 cents in there. I hope you all have a great day!

Warmest Regards,

Stephanie

:smiley2eatingpopcorn:

We feel your pain regarding Action Sign, this is now 2013 and we've been trying to get paid for jobs from 2011. We keep getting the run around, they owe us $8,400, they never call back and when we call them we are sent to a new person who states they do not not have any records of our invoices which have been emailed, faxed and mailed multiple multiple times with no reponse and then when you think you've finally found the right person to talk to you and send all the information again, then we wait and when we call back because of no response a couple days later or maybe even a week later guess what...... that person is no longer there and we have to go thru it all again.... It's bull and its away for them to keep from paying their bills. But let me tell you when they send you the work order they want it done right then within 24 hrs and most of the time the same day and get you to rearrange your schedule to accomodate them and then guess what... you NEVER get paid for it... Same with FM (Facility Maintenance) run for the hills if you every get work from them and read every thing, I mean everything. They think we are Work For Free Sign Company, you do work, you no get paid, cause you know, gas is free, parts are free, labor is free and our time is free..... NOT!!! Facility Maintenance is at the top of our list of slow (well can't say slow pay, they don't pay) as they owe us $8,285 since 2010, and they are the same as Action, every time someone different and if you don't read the fine print you won't see that if you are not paid within 180 days then your pretty much not going to get paid. The work order they send over is via fax, 1 page, no sign-off no nothing, but they want you to go their website and download everything and print it out (which wouldn't be a big deal, if they told you that). Half of the time their page doesn't work, it is not a friendly website at all, you have to hunt for everything and if you need an NTE increased, good lord help you, you have to get verbal approval from FM then thats not good enough even tho they've said proceed to your tech, you have to go to their website and enter the quote into the system and then it may or maynot be approved, but keep in mind they've already told you tech on-site its approved and to proceed. Ok, now if you don't know about the sign-off and other paperwork your supposed to print out (because apparently they can't fax it with the work order for whatever reason they have that day) you are double donked, because on that you are supposed to get the customer sign-off along with in/out times by the customer, etc, but keep in mind they never tell you about this stuff until you want to be paid and they drag that out past the 180 days and guess what happens after 180 days, you get nada, zilch, nothing, big fat goose egg! But they claim its all in "their handbook" which by the way is on their website and contradicts itself multiple multiple times. They've went as far to say "well if you didn't get paid for the job, then we didn't"... hmmmm, lets see, I'm sorry but if I did work for someone then I would want what is rightfully mine, wouldn't you... They aren't going to let their money go, they would be breathing down our necks if we hadn't sent them something. What happens is they get our invoice along with our sign-off etc, submit it to their customer with a considerable markup on our price (and we have proof of that), they get paid for the job and they find every excuse under the sun, moon and stars not to pay us. Now there are some great National sign companies out there that do what they say and pay when they say, but these others give the good National Sign companies a bad name. Its sad really... Anyway, sorry for the rant but wanted my 2 cents in there. I hope you all have a great day!

Warmest Regards,

Stephanie

:smiley2eatingpopcorn:

Action National

Entera

Fairmont

Regency

Icon

Sign Depot

Atlas Sign Industries

Archer Signs

The list continues to grow and the smell is getting stronger! Contract with these companies and you may wind up getting burnt.

Best

I would Like to Add Facility Maintenance ! ; )

• Board Patron

start taking pieces down, one by one from the locations and you will see how fast your money arrives,

• Like 1

63 foot Elliott v60

50 foot 8 ton crane/auger

Skid steer with forks and dirt bucket

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

I wish we could legally .... I would have done that years ago !!! Since they think we are work for FREE Sign Company !!! :dizzy:You know parts are free.. labor Is free.. Because they find a small loop hole not to pay !!!!!!!!

Not sure if they have contractors licensing laws in your state if not, all states need to have a moderate amount of state contractors licensing laws.

If this were to happen in California and Action did not pay within 30 days that's a big violation, let alone multiple missteps. Oh, wait does Action have a contractors license in the state of CA to execute contracts in the state of CA? Whoops, posing as a licensed contractor, doing work without a license, another big violation.

Primary not pay the sub? A fat Lean right to the end client, this can force companies like Action to pay immediately or loose out on any future works, and all of the above violations from the CA strong arm "Consumer Affairs Board".

Another big question is this to all you card carrying sign association members, where is YOUR leadership in all this as you continue to support? Oh that's right, most of the worst paying National Sign Companies are on the Boards/subcommittee and Chairman of these groups. I mean.....they hand out grand awards and hold great ceremonies complete with photo ops for the next Signs of The Times Issue. Surely the "Code of Conduct" and "Membership Ethics Standards" are being violated here BUT, National Sign Companies pay the highest in membership fee's so don't look at the core employed composition of sign associations like Lori Anderson to come knocking on their doors to ask about the "code" anytime soon. They have more important matters to focus on like Sign Trade safety and proper installation methods all done in online courses and the next big upcoming National Sign and Distributors Meet in June 2014 where they discuss/sell their next workshop/programs on new government regulation and how to get the most out of interns and subcontractors.

Lori and other core association employed are always on the ISA expo floor, walk up to them in Orlando this 2014 and ask how they can help out the sign trade. Ask them to make another program out of it, after all...they love their programs. Ask them to create a program that can help in state legislation that lack contractors licensing laws, have them run something at the next big Planners/SFI Meet

Hell with "ethics", it's all about getting that dollar so they can merge with the T-Shirt and Thong Printing Association which is next on their merger list.

Hmmmmm.....I wonder if there is a "Pool & Spa Syndicate" mafia errrrrr, clubhouse.

• Like 2

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• Board Patron

How in the world Action National will be able to handle the Dollar General account.

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron

True but who will they find to help them? Good installers won't work for them.

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron

With the risk of becoming a Villain, I would still suggest that even after what has been reported on this site and others, there will be resident contractors on this venue who will still take work from these folks because "it is good fill in work" or "I have always been ultimately paid in the past", will get banged and then scream like a scalded dog when it happens.

Action, along with others on "The Hall of Shame" have figured this out and use it to their advantage.

Again, a sad testimonial.........

Best