ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

GOOD BYE NEW YORK

• !llumenati

Today we recieved notice that N.Glantz is NO LONGER Serving New York City, the 5 boros and Long Island NY.

Glantz who started in New York City as a sign painters supply in 1906 They moved out of Brooklyn to New Jersey a few years ago. The begining of the end. Now has said they will no longer deliver to NYC

Another mistake for them,

• !llumenati

Don't feel bad Paul. In Chicago - there is NO Glantz, NO Tubelight, No Montroy, No Regional, No Transco--oops. Two minor players that service the entire Chicago land area. The big boys try and do their thing by shipping in, and servicing from Indy, or up north. Oh, and we have Sabic - they are currently hiring for outside sales to solicit sign companies - and my background doesn't qualify me to get past the HR DEPT. Go figure. Did I ever say that the sign business is weird?

gn

• Board Patron

I use N Gantz for most of my supply needs. They take great care of me. Always here daily before 10:00 am. And sometimes they'll make 2 trips a day. I'm a crappy customer, who places multiple orders throughout the day. They put up with me.

Hard to believe NYC is a market they're leaving. Must not be profitable enough to justify the branch. Or maybe they're afraid Bloomburg will outlaw beer next.

• !llumenati

Years ago we could get sign supplies 7 days a week. Now its Party Time at S & F Supplies, Brooklyn NY and Long Island NY

They are now the NYC Sign Supplier and I guess they will be expanding further.

You would think that the NYC area could justify keeping Glantz in Business. Glantz did a push last year to gain more business in the City and Long Island, I guess it did not work out. Thousands of sign companies. Maybe its the toll on the bridge. $ 40. for their van to cross into NY plus the gas.

Thought I'd chime in with a per-announcement that will be coming in the net few days.

Anyone in the New York area will get a 5% discount from any of our sign supplies.

ATTN: New York Sign Companies!!!

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

I'm WAY up in New York, by the Canadian Boarder, and Glantz will not deliver out here. I have to drive an hour and a half to meet the truck to get any supplies. I've sourced out all I can with other guys that will UPS glass etc to me, by 4x8 sheets are still a pain as the shipping on that is crazy, so off I go to meet a delivery truck.

Looks like S&F will be picking it up in the city.....oh well, I'm thinking of leaving NY for Florida soon anyway......

John

local supplier in denver has a daily run down here to colorado springs an hour and a half drive or so, and they then drive on another hour south to pueblo colorado to make deliveries, but while they are here in colorado springs delivering they refuse to drive ten minutes outside city limits to bring me my orders no matter how much I spend, so if I buy a 900 dollar piece of lexan and a few hundred bucks in balasts I have to drive in and meet the driver somewhere to get my stuff.

I started using grimco a competitor who will deliver so thier loss.

Before getting involved in the sign business, I worked for a very large electronic components distributor and the things done via distribution were so much more advanced than what sign disti's do. My shop is right next door to N. Glantz in Phoenix, so it's easy for us to walk over to get things, Montroy is 10 minutes from us and also delivers daily, at no additional charge. Amazing that neither seem to stock much anymore, even basic & commonly used products. They're sales people are more farmers than hunters and nobody seems to take any initiative to "get the business". 4 years and I'm still trying to grasp any of the disti's business model in the Phoenix market. If N. Glantz is pulling out of NY, what's next???

In reply to Chicago suppliers...Wensco is now in Chicago. Addison to be precise.

27,000 sq. ft. warehouse and daily deliveries.

Just sayin'...;o)

I remember not too long ago when Glantz would deliver to us here in Southeastern Connecticut. That stopped. We have 1 supply house in CT (Garston also has an outlet in upstate NY) and 2 in Mass (NESS & Heart) that we work with. I know they both go as far as the NY border so maybe with some incentive they can be convinced to drive into the city. The delivery charges are reasonable.... Or just order from Erik he's offering a great deal to NY shops..... HAY HOW ABOUT US GUYS IN CT?

CT is in need of relief too??? CT NOW has 5% off too!!

It really breaks my heart that Montroy or N.Glantz can't help you guys out, so as it is......I'm always here to fill in the voids and help out where I can! :fnd (9):

P.S. - Elite Signs AZ, somethings going on with your email, your isp us refusing email notifications from the SS

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

I spoke with someone from N. Glantz today and was a little baffled when I told them about this posting. They told me they've been servicing NY out of their NJ branch and plan to continue doing so. I'd be curious to go back to my contact if someone can let me know how they were notified by N. Glantz about pulling out of the NY office. I've got nothing vested but curiosity.

Erik...not sure where's your e-mailing, but I'll send you a message here with my contact info and I'll check it out.

Thanks!

• !llumenati

N GLANTZ will not make deliveries to NYC, The 5 boros and Long Island. They will drop ship to these areas only.

So does everyone else in the sign supply business. The competition is now on, if you can wait for supplies.