ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

No more UL Listing needed in California?

Is this true??

Anyone have the heads up on this? I have not gotten a chance to see the full documents yet, but I will in short time. This is already happening, permits are being pulled for signs for new signs and listing labels are not needed for signs.

I'm all for this if it's not some sort of loophole, or even a loophole!!!, well it's a start anyway. Apparently right now in California and city departments are already issuing permits to sign shops who manufacture LED illuminated signs whether they are cabinets or channel letters, you don't have to have the sign UL Listed and it must comply with Title 24.

I can say for a fact though that non-UL shops are pulling permits. I'm just waiting to see the actual docs that you must take to the building departments

• Like 1

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Here in Washington there are only a few cities that really look for a listing and there is a grey area with title 24 and remote mounted power supplies which can get you around the requirement. All the property management companies want UL though and I dont see that changing.

• Board Patron

"I can say for a fact though that non-UL shops are pulling permits. "

Only if those shops are sending "Hot" female permit runners and they ask for Mayor Filner to process those permits personally.............

Best

"Don't be afraid to see what you see" - President Ronald Reagan

ha ! funny shit,,sadly the only people who need UL listings are those who actually do a sign final

if UL was no longer needed it would save my company boatloads of money ! im all for it !

We do a lot of sign service and I see many signs with UL stickers affixed that are not even built close to UL specs. Yesterday i saw a set of channel letters with out any bushing between the letters and the raceway ...just a hole drilled through the aluminum with the GTO pushed through. So whats the point of UL if UL doesn't make field inspections. And I've only ran across one city inspector who wanted to inspect the inside of a sign before it was installed. That city inspector only check for what HE considered important which didn't match up with UL or the National Electric Code. It appears UL is just a money making scheme and not really interested in safety. Just like most cities who only want the permit fees and never bother to check on the actual installations. In our area I've seen some really poor installs and inferior sign quality and the inspector will not do anything about it.

Well done is better than well said.

Benjamin Franklin

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin