ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Your favorite LED or Neon of choice for channel letters and electric signs is?

Now that the results from our testing are public and made available to anyone in the electric sign industry, what is your favorite light source and which do you stick to in the following categories?

1. High Powered White, Neon or LED. Modules that are .85 watts and higher.

2. Mini to mid sized LED''s, .85watts an below?

3. What is your favorite RED LED?

4. What Mfg do you use for outline, exposed, or border tubing Neon or LED? Think blue, red and green

5. What Neon or LED's do you use for blue?

6. What Neon or LED's do you use for blue?

7. When it comes to standard sized sign cabinet, double sided, single sided or monument signs. What lamps do you use? Which HID, LED, or HO Fluorescent lamps do you use and mfg?

8. Which mfg and brands did you use before that you may have dropped using, what were the reasons?

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

1. High Powered White, Neon or LED. Modules that are .85 watts and higher. ----- CAO Luxembright & Samsung GOQ

4. What Mfg do you use for outline, exposed, or border tubing Neon or LED? Think blue, red and green ------------- Lektron

5. What Neon or LED's do you use for blue? ---------------------- CAO Luxembright

7. When it comes to standard sized sign cabinet, double sided, single sided or monument signs. What lamps do you use? Which HID, LED, or HO Fluorescent lamps do you use and mfg? ----------------- T12 mostly - for very large cabinets we use Magnetic Induction lamps

8. Which mfg and brands did you use before that you may have dropped using, what were the reasons? - dropped Sloan due to high price and problems with power supplies - we Meanwell PS now and have very few failures

Gulf Coast LED Inc.

We Distribute International Light Technologies LED Sign Modules

Summit Series .96 watt Cabinet Lighting is Awesome and Affordable LED Lighting for Double Face Sign Cabinets.

Solderless thru wire design and Fully potted make the Summit Series Bullet Proof and Long Lasting,..!!

We Offer ONLY Meanwell Power Supplies for Extreme Reliability.

Best Quality and Value per Lumen...

Well I can tell in the lack of response either people "THINK" they have a trade secret no one else knows about, they don't want anyone to use what they do OR.....they're too embarrassed to state what they use because it's probably some cheap Chinese import junk $1 modules :focus:

SO I guess I'll go. I've always tried to use Board vendors from this site especially the ones that seem to be tie proven from our testing. I have to figure if they're willing oarticipants here then they're putting their money where their mouth is and I applaud them for that.

1. High Powered White, Neon or LED. Modules that are .85 watts and higher.

Always used Tri-Phosphor White CCFL Lamps since I have some damn good neon benders and my temps are practically 70F all year long. Some HP LED's I have used are Axiom LED's which kick ass!

2. Mini to mid sized LED''s, .85watts an below?

So Far I've used YYZ LED, AA LED HD Blazers, and SS Lights for some applications and they all kick ass. I will and have intentions of trying a few vendors when the opportunity arises like International LED, & NC LED..again based on the testing results

3. What is your favorite RED LED?

Well, this is a no brainer. RED Neon because it doesn't degrade in light over time. I have used AA's Eco Red, they are scary with little to no degradation from the testing. I'll try others when I can get a chance or application calls

4. What Mfg do you use for outline, exposed, or border tubing Neon or LED? Think blue, red and green

Neon for me, like I said..I have some kick ass benders. I do possibly have an upcoming job where the application will call for a LED tubing, I will be looking to use LEDNeon-Flex since these suckers are BRIGHT!

5. What Neon or LED's do you use for blue?

So far EGL's Horizon Blue, or Elite's BAM.

6. What Neon or LED's do you use for blue?

Did I do this twice?

7. When it comes to standard sized sign cabinet, double sided, single sided or monument signs. What lamps do you use? Which HID, LED, or HO Fluorescent lamps do you use and mfg?

So far just T12 HO's, I'd like to try using some France or Voltarc T8's

8. Which mfg and brands did you use before that you may have dropped using, what were the reasons?

Thankfully I've never used a failing product because I've used the testing to make wise decisions, BUT...I have replaced neon benders in the past! :mf_tongue:

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

I am strictly a wholesaler so I don't do border tubing.

I use US LED led's, White, Red and blue.

In cabinets I normally use T-12's or T-8's

I have always used US LED and had great results.

• !llumenati

I have always used EGL CL71, Horizon blue. and tropic green. The HP Green is cheaper with same effects. If I feel the shop I am sending the glass to has burly installers I will use VTI cause I can easily repair a busted new unit.

Red, cant touch the performance of clear red (orange) as far as life and degradation but if customer is f;n cheap I will throw in any red LED.

Box sign LED have used US LED's have not tried EGL boxstar, advertised it as coming soon for a few years when I was there, They have it now but waiting for samples to try. Most likely to over designed for the typical shop

As far as lamps, T12 primarily. VTI makes Frances T8 so which ever is more cost effective.

Have had good luck as my friends here on the shore have had with JS white .5 watt. Not to be mixed with Glantz JT, Yuck. 1 watters EGL has a nice one, but...

Power supplies, Don't matter as long as its not sloan with LED.

Prefer magnetic transformers over electronic anyday for glass

GOOD things happen for a reason......

• 2 weeks later...