ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Local competitor being scared? Or an A Hole?

alltex

• Board Patron

I've been getting 3 calls a day from different "google" search engine companies. So I decided to type in my business name, ALLTEX Signs. Above my listing, this ad appears from Signs Manufacturing. See link http://www.signsmanufacturing.com/signage/Alltex_Signs.htm?gclid=CPDuyKOov7oCFSNp7AodJnsAOw

I guess they're either scared, or assholes. I've forwarded this to my attorney. Doesn't seem to be too ethical. But coming from these guys, it doesn't surprise me. But I do plan on contacting the TX Dept of Licensing and filing a formal complaint. I've never OK'd the use of my business name in their advertisement. Plus I have to put my TSCL# (state license number) on any form of advertising.

If the link doesn't work, the ad say's this across the top.

Before you purchase a sign from Alltex Signs consider Signs Manufacturing Corporation

• !llumenati

Strange. Blow up some of the pics of their signs - exposed outdoor neon - illegal boots and wiring. They have a drive thru sample sign - conduit stops about 6" from the sign and continues as wire. Prime work. They state they are state and city licensed? And their technicians are all state certified quality technicians. Must be some new stamp to stick on their chest?

Nice facility if they actually have oveer 4000 sq ft set aside just to demo signs -- and free tours. You really should put on a mask and go over and take a look see. Take some good photos while there and post for us - just be fun to see.

gn

• Board Patron

Update: Talked with the State Licensing folks. Amazingly, the person I spoke with was pretty shocked. And told me to file a complaint, and it will be addressed. So I filed my complaint.

Also chatted with my attorney yesterday. Looks like she's going to be drafting up a letter this morning.

Ok, back to selling signs the old fashioned way...

• Like 1

I would be ashamed to go to work in the morning if that's how I did business. I see why he did it, he gets your search traffic as well as his. But that doesn't make it right now, does it?

• Board Patron

I sent them an email telling them what I thought. They sent back stating they see nothing wrong with what they are doing.

• Like 1

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• !llumenati

website looks more like a "look at me" type thing as I pat my own back. Would really like to see their 350K show room though. Do have to say the nicest show room I have ever been in hands down is Manuel's when he was with Permlite.

GOOD things happen for a reason......

• Board Patron

That is the longest web site I have ever been on!! I'm like Paul, I almost went to sleep half way through. I finally just stopped reading. They must have made him change something because every time I put in your name all I get is your web site. Good for you!! It never ceases to amaze me what some folks will do if they think they can get away with. I'm glad you didn't let him get away with this one!! Pretty ballsy if you ask me!! It would be nice to know if he actually did take away any of your business by messing with your search engine results ......??? AND wonder how long it has been like that??

• Board Patron

I just looked through some of his "work" - Can I just say GOOD LORD! There are things on there that I would NEVER have done, much less put on my web site as "our work" to show off what we do. The directional sign is the worst, but not the only one. Maybe he should look through some of his SH@@ work posted on his own web site before he says something about yours! Haha ......

• Board Patron

Better yet, you should call OSHA on him for the guy on top of the Burger sign not being harnessed or tied off! Haha ...... That is CRAZY!!

• Board Patron

On google, it's still up. My lawyer sent out a registered letter yesterday. Kind of pisses me off, I have to spend money on those jerks. My hope is in the State Licensing board.

• Board Patron

Mark,

I have a competitior who used to approach customers we both were bidding and tell them to let me quote and design the sign. He then told the customer to give him my sketch and quote and he would take 10% off in order to win their business (he would then tweek the design to make it "his"). I know it worked some of the time but it also backfired on him too. I talked to some of my buddies who work in other trades and it seems every industry has their weasels. It just seems to me we have more then our share in the sign business.

• Board Patron

I sent them an email telling them what I thought. They sent back stating they see nothing wrong with what they are doing.

You go, Chubb!! At least they know that others think what they are doing is disgusting! I'm actually shocked they replied to you. Most of the time scum like that tends to like to hide behind a blog or a web site and not reply. It just amazes me they feel like what they are doing is okay. Boggles the mind how some people think!!

• Board Patron

Mark,

I have a competitior who used to approach customers we both were bidding and tell them to let me quote and design the sign. He then told the customer to give him my sketch and quote and he would take 10% off in order to win their business (he would then tweek the design to make it "his"). I know it worked some of the time but it also backfired on him too. I talked to some of my buddies who work in other trades and it seems every industry has their weasels. It just seems to me we have more then our share in the sign business.

Good Lord. Just when you think you have heard the lowest you hear something like this. How do people like that sleep at night??

• Board Patron

Just got my response from the Texas Licensing dept...They're no help.. I guess I'll have to live with them being A holes, and using my name in their ad. Unless my lawyer pays off. Oh well, at least I maintain dignity in our trade.

Edited by alltex

Just try and ignore it and move on. Don't let them rent space in your head. They are thrilled to know it's bothering you. A wise man once told me (my father) don't go around looking for revenge. Just move on and forget it and it'll come back around when you least expect it.

• Board Patron

Mark,

Good Lord. Just when you think you have heard the lowest you hear something like this. How do people like that sleep at night??

Angie;

Just like the resident thieves in "The Hall of Shame" , they probably sleep very very well at night. A sad testimonial...........

But like Mark states, keep your dignity and honor no matter what the lowest of the lows do in our trade.

Best

"Don't be afraid to see what you see" - President Ronald Reagan

• Board Patron

Mark,I have a competitior who used to approach customers we both were bidding and tell them to let me quote and design the sign. He then told the customer to give him my sketch and quote and he would take 10% off in order to win their business (he would then tweek the design to make it "his"). I know it worked some of the time but it also backfired on him too. I talked to some of my buddies who work in other trades and it seems every industry has their weasels. It just seems to me we have more then our share in the sign business.

Angie;

Just like the resident thieves in "The Hall of Shame" , they probably sleep very very well at night. A sad testimonial...........

But like Mark states, keep your dignity and honor no matter what the lowest of the lows do in our trade.

Best

That is my main focus every day. If I have to cut the quality of my work, or go against my work ethic/values to get a job, I leave it alone and let the cut throat guy have it. It seems that over the past 25 years it has worked in our favor. The customer usually comes back embarrassed that they have to call us to fix the mess the other guy made - and the few hundred dollars he saved on the front end costs him way more in the end. Karma typically wins!!

Mark, I'm really sorry you didn't get better news. I was hoping somebody would at least help you make the a hole stop using your name.